New Stanley Kubrick Forum

Posted by: Smillsoid

New Stanley Kubrick Forum - Sat, 03 Oct 2009 03:39:00

If you're a fan of any film directed by Stanley Kubrick - or if you're a total 'Kubrick Knut' - you could do worse than check out my new forum at:
http://stanleykubrick.yuku.com

Simon.

Re: New Stanley Kubrick Forum - Fri, 16 Apr 2010 03:07:00

Is there nobody here who would like to discuss Kubrick? sad
Posted by: ULTERIOR

Re: New Stanley Kubrick Forum - Mon, 19 Apr 2010 05:40:00

I am a great fan of Stanley Kubrick. My favourite directed of all the times. The Ultravox of the cinema jeje
Greeting
Posted by: Dazlin1

Re: New Stanley Kubrick Forum - Mon, 19 Apr 2010 06:50:00

A great director. Have to say I'm not very familiar with his earlier works, but love A Clockwork Orange, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket and Eyes Wide Shut.

It's the framing of his shots that I love. You can tell it's a Kubrick film just by what you can see, let alone any dialogue. The way the shot pans slowly towards the actors - brilliant. I especially love the closing shot of The Shining when it focuses in on the photo - you can see Jack Nicholson early on, closing in until you see the devil in his eyes, with the music echoing in the background - very eerie.

Full Metal Jecket is another fantstic film of his - the unrelenting brutality of the drill instructor to the "stir crazy" attitude of the soldiers when Joker meets up with Cowboy in Vietnam. Amazing to think that he shot the film in Britain!

A true great.

Re: New Stanley Kubrick Forum - Mon, 26 Apr 2010 10:20:00

Hey Ulterior & Dazlin1 - come and join us on the forum! You clearly love the great director's work - well come and feast yourselves at the "Fish and Goose Soiree"...

http://stanleykubrick.yuku.com

Simon.

Re: New Stanley Kubrick Forum - Sun, 20 Jun 2010 02:32:00

We've had NO ACTIVITY on our forum for months! PLEASE come over and join in (start) a discussion.

Re: New Stanley Kubrick Forum - Sun, 20 Jun 2010 12:56:00

Right, that's it - I'm sending the Droogs round...

Re: New Stanley Kubrick Forum - Wed, 14 Jul 2010 11:13:00

Is there anybody OUT THERE???

Re: New Stanley Kubrick Forum - Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:27:00

...Apparently not. banghead