My Blog ....

Posted by: poptyg

My Blog .... - Fri, 29 May 2009 06:04:00

.... dedicated to my ī69 mopar muscle car. Look what iīve done over the winter on the car, check out the meetings and races iīll visit and have a seat in the car when it hits the german roads with itīs hot 340 cui engine. Makes a lot of fun on the quartermile laugh

www.dart340.blogspot.com
Posted by: Flip Martian

Re: My Blog .... - Fri, 29 May 2009 06:20:00

Nice car. smile Can't read German though.

I drive a Camaro myself - not a vintage one though - mine is a 1999 Z28. C23 on here also has a rather nice vintage American car - hopefully he'll post a piccy of it if he sees this. wink
Posted by: c23

Re: My Blog .... - Sat, 30 May 2009 08:21:00

Great looking mopar! Here is a shot of my 1970 Ford Torino GT Convertible......i hope you like it! Phil, you should post a Camaro shot of your car as well.......

Posted by: poptyg

Re: My Blog .... - Sat, 30 May 2009 14:08:00

nice Torino, love the hood mounted tach and the period perfect fivespokes.
@Flip Martian, hope to see pics of the camaro. Think thatīs one of the last american muscle cars.

Re: My Blog .... - Sun, 31 May 2009 07:59:00

Yup, Dave's Torino is rather special. smile

Here's mine...all fairly standard apart from uprated brakes and a flowmaster twin exhaust (these pics taken before the exhaust was put on):-

Re: My Blog .... - Sun, 31 May 2009 15:07:00

Phil, your Camaro is awesome! Thanks for posting pics finally!
Have a listen to "Bitchin' Camaro" by the Dead Milkmen its like 5 minutes into the song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT-OBLFlQIg
Posted by: leggylady

Re: My Blog .... - Sun, 31 May 2009 19:54:00

Ahhhh boys and their penis extentions..... bless them! wink

roflmao
Posted by: sweetscot

Re: My Blog .... - Mon, 01 Jun 2009 01:42:00

You got it Helen!! Lol.

Re: My Blog .... - Mon, 01 Jun 2009 03:16:00

Hi Dave - didn't realise you hadn't seen pics of it! Ya shoulda said. smile Thanks for the link biglaugh

We had great weather this weekend so the Camaro came out, the tops came off, the windows were wound down and I made the most of it! smile
Posted by: Gillian

Re: My Blog .... - Mon, 01 Jun 2009 04:51:00

"Here is a shot of my 1970 Ford Torino GT Convertible"

Who-ah - now that's a car!!! woohoo

(as an aside, can anyone actually tell me what possessed somebody to design a renault clio???) laugh wink
Posted by: Llais

Re: My Blog .... - Mon, 01 Jun 2009 07:03:00

Think you've pulled, Phil!

Re: My Blog .... - Tue, 02 Jun 2009 15:01:00

Naah, think Dave has though... biglaugh Seriously though, I imagine my car is quickest out of the 3 but when a car looks as good as Dave's or Poptyg's, "who's the fastest" really means nothing.

Both lovely vintage motors. lurve

Re: My Blog .... - Tue, 02 Jun 2009 23:30:00

Speed, style, performance....not in that particular order are all valid priorities for a classic ride. My car screams horsepower, but its also a 4000 pound monster, so a 0-60MPH is not a priority, but in a 1/4 mile run it would smoke many other cars. Besides, try doing a burnout in a modern car.....doesn't work very well. Phil, you have the 5.7 Litre V-8 set up on your car?

Re: My Blog .... - Wed, 03 Jun 2009 03:28:00

Indeed I do Davido - a friend of mine was adamant that I would only regret it if I went for the 3.8 V6...he said, "once you've driven a V8...". And he was SOOOOOO right! laugh The stock car is very polite sounding unless you go flat to the floor so I had the exhaust changed - sounds like a burbling V8 now and can roar without being "annoy the neighbours" loud (although they all love it too).

woohoo

Re: My Blog .... - Wed, 03 Jun 2009 13:03:00

Indeed you are right my Chevy loving friend! Nothing like a Big block V-8 to haul your ass down the highway! I bet those Flo-masters sound nasty when you get up on it......

Re: My Blog .... - Wed, 03 Jun 2009 21:27:00

Ya not wrong... wink Certainly good enough to turn the stereo off... cool
Posted by: Gillian

Re: My Blog .... - Wed, 03 Jun 2009 21:51:00

Quote:
Originally posted by Llais:
Think you've pulled, Phil!
The cheek of it!!! :p