Hello

Posted by: artificial life

Hello - Fri, 27 Aug 2010 22:14:00

Hi everyone,
Thought id better join up properly instead of comming on here to read the posts :-). What can i say apart from ive been a fan of Ultravox since about early 1978 when my older Sister played me the first album and after hearing @ I want to be a machine' i was hooked ( funny Machine is still probably my fav song from both lineups ). After John left and Midge joined i kept the faith and carried on, i know other people from the time that didnt. but i see the band as having two very different periods and i can still imagine Mr Foxx singing on most of Vienna. Seen the band 3 times in the last year and a bit inc Sheffield the other night which was brilliant after waiting almost 25 yrs to see them again. As well as Ultravox i love most original Punk/post Punk and original Goth 82-89, sorry about the length of introduction :-) spk to you all at some point.

Malc
Posted by: FR

Re: Hello - Fri, 27 Aug 2010 22:58:00

welcome! The forum is a really active one (especially so at the moment as we are all buzzing from RTE2), everyone friendly and hardly ever an argument.
Enjoy. welcome
Posted by: mandy

Re: Hello - Sat, 28 Aug 2010 02:12:00

Hi Malc, Welcome & enjoy!! woohoo

M smile
Posted by: Spaceman

Re: Hello - Sat, 28 Aug 2010 04:29:00

Hi Malc..im a newbie myself smile im thinking how i got into Ultravox myself..hmm an older brother of a friend of mine had the 'live retro'EP i believe and thought it different somewhat..followed this with the first 3 albums..and the rests history as they say...saw ultravox 4 times only tho live...saw Numan a few times more..

somethings good u just never tire of!
Posted by: Your Shadow

Re: Hello - Sat, 28 Aug 2010 04:42:00

Hi Malc and Spaceman. Welcome to you both.
Posted by: artificial life

Re: Hello - Mon, 30 Aug 2010 00:45:00

Cheers guys! good to meet you all
Posted by: Staci

Re: Hello - Mon, 30 Aug 2010 19:41:00

Hello and welcome! Enjoy yourselves! Staci
welcome
Posted by: JVox

Re: Hello - Tue, 31 Aug 2010 17:04:00

welcome