Take off, eh?

Posted by: Mackenzie

Take off, eh? - Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:36:00

Hey. It's Saturday night. I'm a DJ from Houston, TX USA and the scene is so gruesomely doggish here I can't keep a straight face. We're always dogging each other so please forgive me if I seem to be laughing my head off. I'm not doing it on purpose.

um. My name is Mackenzie McKenzie & I'm from all over the states, mostly the north east like New York and New England (Massachusettes). I'm floored that I got approval to read & post on this board. hey, I just got the Bob & Doug McKenzie album. They don't have snow blowers in Houston so the bookstore where I got it had no idea of this record's value smile

Man, Ultravox is the bomb. What I'd really like to find is an instrumental version of "Western Promise." I could then mix it with Rush's "Tom Sawyer" (the live version) & we could all appreciate the Gods together. and smoke a little.
whoops.

What's the big deal with Midge Ure? How come other band members haven't put out solo albums?

I'll sit back and read the board some so I can acclimate. I hope I don't cock attitude here after this post. This is difficult given where I live.

Chillin',
M
koo-loo-kookoo-koo-loo-kookoo...

*ahem* .. pardon .
Posted by: Flip Martian

Re: Take off, eh? - Sun, 16 Oct 2005 16:57:00

Hi Mackenzie McKenzie.

Great introduction laugh

Billy Currie (keyboards player) has had several solo albums out as well - his stuff is instrumental. www.billycurrie.com to find out more.

John Foxx is Ultravox's original lead singer (before Midge) and has had a solo career stretching back to 1980. www.metamatic.com

Enjoy yaself. laugh

Re: Take off, eh? - Sun, 16 Oct 2005 17:42:00

Quote:
Originally posted by Flip Martian:
Hi Mackenzie McKenzie.

Great introduction laugh

Billy Currie (keyboards player) has had several solo albums out as well - his stuff is instrumental. www.billycurrie.com to find out more.

John Foxx is Ultravox's original lead singer (before Midge) and has had a solo career stretching back to 1980. www.metamatic.com

Enjoy yaself. laugh
So Ultravox is just a job to Midge? Is he just lipsincing on the records? I'll remember to mention him in blogs I may leave behind.

peace & rain,
mackenzie

cussing
Posted by: Flip Martian

Re: Take off, eh? - Sun, 16 Oct 2005 21:24:00

Er....no. confused2 Is this a wind up?
Posted by: Chappie

Re: Take off, eh? - Sun, 16 Oct 2005 22:14:00

Does Seem a bit strange - the lad's geography is a bit off. And snow blowers in Houston? confused2

Re: Take off, eh? - Sun, 16 Oct 2005 22:14:00

Does Seem a bit strange - the lad's geography is a bit off. And snow blowers in Houston? confused2

Re: Take off, eh? - Sun, 16 Oct 2005 23:48:00

And it was so strange I had to mention it twice. laugh
Posted by: Mrs. X

Re: Take off, eh? - Mon, 17 Oct 2005 05:06:00

Eh??? What's this then?? bemused

Mrs. X

Re: Take off, eh? - Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:40:00

Quote:
Originally posted by Chappie:
Eh, not sure what you mean by geography. I'm from all around the United States because my father worked for a major airline. I'm disoriented about some places sometimes. I'm a mess in London. Good thing they have pubs there.

Pardon my excessive chatter.

Mackenzie
Posted by: KT

Re: Take off, eh? - Tue, 18 Oct 2005 09:52:00

Beerhunter just isn't the same with Lone Star.

Welcome.

Re: Take off, eh? - Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:19:00

Quote:
Originally posted by KT:
Beerhunter just isn't the same with Lone Star.

Welcome.
Thanks, KT. Good day, eh?

Down here, we do beerhunter with Busch. Good clean fun, eh?

peace, rock, and rain, eh?
Mackenzie
Posted by: casm

Re: Take off, eh? - Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:47:00

Mackenzie Mckenzie? thats as bad as robert robertson... and i know 2 of them!
im not laffin cos i named my son mackenzie too smile

sorry m8 but im not sure an instrumental version of western promise exists, if it does i wouldnt mind it myself.

welcome to the forum smile
Posted by: Lavaocean

Re: Take off, eh? - Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:59:00

Quote:
Originally posted by casm:
Mackenzie Mckenzie? thats as bad as robert robertson... and i know 2 of them!
im not laffin cos i named my son mackenzie too smile
lmao lmao lmao

Weird thing: at home I am logged off, but here at work I am logged on. The wonders of informatics... confused

And... YES... a classical case of thread high-jacking (again). Any objection from anyone?
Posted by: Pater Noster

Re: Take off, eh? - Thu, 20 Oct 2005 02:02:00

No

am too old and wise to object to anything. LOL. Vaguely on message - the England footballers Gary and Phil Neville's father rejoices in the name NEVILLE NEVILLE ! lol

grant
Posted by: Oesterreicher II

Re: Take off, eh? - Sun, 23 Oct 2005 06:29:00

Quote:
Originally posted by Mackenzie:
Quote:
Originally posted by KT:
[b]Beerhunter just isn't the same with Lone Star.

Welcome.

Mackenzie[/b]
Three statements ending in "Eh". . . A conspicuously Scottish name . . . Thought processes that seem to owe more than a little to copious - nay, life-altering - amounts of BC bud . . . You're not a Canuck, are you?

Re: Take off, eh? - Sun, 23 Oct 2005 13:38:00

Quote:
Originally posted by Oesterreicher II:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mackenzie:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by KT:
[b]Beerhunter just isn't the same with Lone Star.

Welcome.

Mackenzie[/b]
Three statements ending in "Eh". . . A conspicuously Scottish name . . . Thought processes that seem to owe more than a little to copious - nay, life-altering - amounts of BC bud . . . You're not a Canuck, are you?[/b]
What's a Canuck? Is that a French relation?
Posted by: Fatal Charm

Re: Take off, eh? - Mon, 24 Oct 2005 03:38:00

Hey Mackenzie, saw you`re using my avatar!!!! cussing
Fatal
Posted by: Broadwave

Re: Take off, eh? - Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:51:00

Hey Fatal Charm, Brilliant band. Just been in contact with Paul Arnall they have a new CD out...re-recorded lots of oldies with big jangly guitars and NO synths frown
Posted by: Sleepwalker

Re: Take off, eh? - Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:34:00

Mackenzie.. yer middle name wouldnae be...erm MacKenzie wud it? nutjob
Posted by: Mike C

Re: Take off, eh? - Thu, 27 Oct 2005 00:42:00

Nah Sleepy, it has to be "Goodbye Mr". wink
Posted by: Sleepwalker

Re: Take off, eh? - Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:04:00

Ah shite ye beat me tae Mikey boy biglaugh ...but i do think you have a valid point!!!