Paintings & Portraits by Lynne

Posted by: Lynne

Paintings & Portraits by Lynne - Fri, 22 May 2009 13:18:00

some of my more serious work:

Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Paintings & Portraits by Lynne - Fri, 22 May 2009 21:18:00

Fantastic work. I'm afraid I have to confess not recognising the lady underneath the Elvis Costello painting. shocked If I was guessing I'd say Stevie Nicks.

Re: Paintings & Portraits by Lynne - Fri, 22 May 2009 21:28:00

that piece was inspired by a pic of Lene Lovich

Re: Paintings & Portraits by Lynne - Fri, 22 May 2009 21:36:00

I was trying to think of Lene Lovich as well. I've got a vinyl record with a similar shot of Lene.
Posted by: StrangerWithin

Re: Paintings & Portraits by Lynne - Fri, 22 May 2009 23:03:00

Excellent work Lynne.....these are all soooo good but I do have a couple of favourites ie the ones of Midge and John Lennon...nothing to do with the subject matter of course! wink

Re: Paintings & Portraits by Lynne - Fri, 22 May 2009 23:28:00

Thank you! Those two are most personal to me & touch on opposite extremes of my emotions:

I gave Midge Ure the original of this portrait in 1989. He loved it & seemed sincerely touched by the gift. When I met up with him a few month's later he told me he had hung the painting in his home - that meant the world to me!!!!

The John Lennon piece was done immediately after his death. I was very distraught & that is why it is so graphic & "broken", I felt like the whole world had been shattered. I always hesitate whether to display this one because of the raw emotion it brings up.

Re: Paintings & Portraits by Lynne - Sat, 23 May 2009 01:30:00

Quote:
Originally posted by Lynne:
Thank you! Those two are most personal to me & touch on opposite extremes of my emotions:

I gave Midge Ure the original of this portrait in 1989. He loved it & seemed sincerely touched by the gift. When I met up with him a few month's later he told me he had hung the painting in his home - that meant the world to me!!!!

The John Lennon piece was done immediately after his death. I was very distraught & that is why it is so graphic & "broken", I felt like the whole world had been shattered. I always hesitate whether to display this one because of the raw emotion it brings up.
That's quite a compliment but I'm not at all surprised that he appreciated it! wink You are just so talented!

I'm so glad you shared you posted the one of John...you captured so incredibly well the emotion, the shock...I have to say just looking at it brought tears to my eyes as it took me back in time.

Re: Paintings & Portraits by Lynne - Sat, 23 May 2009 03:23:00

A life of peace ended by violence...I will never forget that day. I work right near the Dakota & so am near the spot every day. I go to Stawberry Fields (in Central Park) every Oct 9 and Dec 8 to remember John & celebrate his life. Hundreds gather & sing, it is very moving.

Re: Paintings & Portraits by Lynne - Tue, 26 May 2009 03:33:00

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lynne:
[QB] some of my more serious work:

Lynne...this may be of interest to you given the subject matter...very different in style, era etc etc and unfortunately that's the best photo I have of it! The original was better...honestly it was! wink
Give me peace in a restless world

Re: Paintings & Portraits by Lynne - Tue, 26 May 2009 04:59:00

It's wonderful, and so is the rest of the album. You've captured his eyes, and the spirit behind them; the spirit of his words & his work.

Why don't you post this whole album to the forum? It's fabulous work & would be so welcome here.

Re: Paintings & Portraits by Lynne - Tue, 26 May 2009 04:59:00

Here's one of me with Midge and another of the paintings I gave him. Actually is is a collage of pencil rendering plus painted image. Somehow I never saved a copy of this one, so this photo is all I have to show of it.

Re: Paintings & Portraits by Lynne - Tue, 26 May 2009 05:14:00

Lynne what a lovely photo! Very much treasured I'm sure. There are paintings I regret not having taken photos of too...but at least you've got one of the two of you with that one! Pretty special that! I tried to zoom in to get a better look at your artwork but lost so much clarity that I gained nothing!

Re: Paintings & Portraits by Lynne - Tue, 26 May 2009 05:28:00

Quote:
Originally posted by Lynne:
It's wonderful, and so is the rest of the album. You've captured his eyes, and the spirit behind them; the spirit of his words & his work.

Why don't you post this whole album to the forum? It's fabulous work & would be so welcome here.
Thank you so much for those very kind comments Lynne! A number are already on the forum (probably too many!) but I've just posted links on my art thread to the 'Eden', 'Voice' and 'Two Worlds' galleries which contain the Midge inspired paintings so if anyone is interested in seeing more they can find them on my website.
Posted by: Llais

Re: Paintings & Portraits by Lynne - Tue, 26 May 2009 06:56:00

I've only just noticed this thread and was immediately drawn to the Lene Lovich inspired picture - absolutely brilliant. I was a massive fan of Ms Lovich in my youth and still listen to 'Flex' rather too much!!

Thanks, Lynne, for posting this picture.

Martin

Re: Paintings & Portraits by Lynne - Tue, 26 May 2009 23:59:00

Quote:
Originally posted by Amethyst:
Lynne what a lovely photo! Very much treasured I'm sure. There are paintings I regret not having taken photos of too...but at least you've got one of the two of you with that one! Pretty special that! I tried to zoom in to get a better look at your artwork but lost so much clarity that I gained nothing!
Thanks. A very treasured photo indeed! I have another photo of us about two years later, holding yet another of my gifts to him - but we were caught off guard and laughing & I look like an utter loon nutjob so I'm too embarrassed to post that one.

Re: Paintings & Portraits by Lynne - Wed, 27 May 2009 00:05:00

Cripes, if I'd been caught on camera for all the embarrassing situations I've been in!!! eek shocked NONE of which were with a member of the opposite sex - unfortunately!! biglaugh

Re: Paintings & Portraits by Lynne - Fri, 05 Jun 2009 11:32:00

Here's another Beatle portrait, in memory of George

Posted by: leggylady

Re: Paintings & Portraits by Lynne - Fri, 05 Jun 2009 18:44:00

Lynne your stuff is great! I LOVE the last one, the one of George! beautiful......

wink

Re: Paintings & Portraits by Lynne - Fri, 05 Jun 2009 23:30:00

Lynne, I love the one of George ...it's beautiful. Excellent work!

Re: Paintings & Portraits by Lynne - Fri, 05 Jun 2009 23:51:00

Thanks, I'm very fond of this one myself; I think it's one of the best things I've ever done, of any subject. And George had such a special place in my heart.
Posted by: Annis

Re: Paintings & Portraits by Lynne - Sat, 06 Jun 2009 02:02:00

The portrait of George is excellent. Lynne, you are a very talented lady. smile
Posted by: H

Re: Paintings & Portraits by Lynne - Sat, 06 Jun 2009 02:12:00

Lynne, George is 'fab' (forgive the reference)

H
Posted by: Glenn

Re: Paintings & Portraits by Lynne - Mon, 15 Jun 2009 10:32:00

That is truly great! It even captures the "spirit" of George, as well as the look. What a great work!