Tribute to the Official Tribute Band

Posted by: Danny Mitchell

Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Sat, 22 Jan 2005 10:03:00

Thanks guys, for a great gig. I enjoyed it immensely.

Harking back to the concerts we played with the band; in terms of tightness and vibe (that mysterious quality) you were, all, right up there. There were only two things missing as far as I'm concerned, and I don't mean us (Messengers), Tommy covered that area nicely; 1- a whiteout floodlight on the end of Vienna(which was superb!) and, 2- the drum extravaganza to round things off. Sucker punches I know, but they work a treat with us punters.

Ultravox's cannon is not the easiest of material to attempt, but you did it justice in all departments.

Thanks again, and looking forward to the next one(after Greenock, that is).

P.S. It was very nice to see, Martin,Carol,E.G.Ekin,Pip and Sonja, sorry I had to bail out and catch the train.
Posted by: Si_W

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:17:00

Well I did my best to convince Sleepy to beatbox the drum extravaganza but not enough it seems... wink laugh
Posted by: Nils

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:35:00

Wow, can't wait to see the photos!! Did anyone record the gig (or does anyone record today's gig) on MD or HD?
Posted by: leggylady

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Sat, 22 Jan 2005 23:17:00

Nils, as far as I know Ari recorded onto MD!

Glad it all went so well (knew it would!)

Ari, Paul.... great meeting you both! Let me know you got home ok!?

Don, Mike.... always a pleasure! laugh

Hx
Posted by: Martin_S

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Sun, 23 Jan 2005 04:31:00

Hi folks

I can only concur with all that Danny has said above.

It was a great gig, a huge improvement over the 1st (Gourock) outing in all departments - and I was pretty impressed with that one! Thanks, guys.

As I write, the Greenock gig is due to kick off in just under 2 hours and I can't wait to do it all over again.

E.G. and Pip - it was nice to meet and talk with you.

Danny - a pleasure as always. Hope to see Colin next time.

Cheers
Martin
Posted by: Cerise

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Sun, 23 Jan 2005 16:24:00

Congratulations, guys! Sounds like it's going brilliantly!! laugh

Send any photos, recordings etc on over when you get back - we'll get it up in the Media Archive for everyone to see and hear (Sleepy, please tell me you looked up for the camera now and again this time! wink ).
Posted by: Sleepwalker

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Sun, 23 Jan 2005 23:31:00

We're all bloody knackered!!!

We all really loved it, one of the best weekends of me life that's for sure!

I for one was really very nervous, not having played in front of any kind of crowd for nearly fifteen years! You would think i had some sort of nervous disorder!

The Citrus gig was a total blast, couldnt hear me kybds half the time along with ML's vox, but i started to get into it a wee bit better after 4 or 5 numbers.

We'd like to thank the following peeps for making an extra special effort in coming to see us.

Ari Leppa...what a man he is, an absolute gem & such a talented photographer, cant wait to see the pictures matey wink

Roy Gwinn & Co...As usual great stuff, cheers pal wink

Paul Chaplow...Your a star pal & thanks for the Jack wink

Paul & Pip...Great meeting you's guys at long last! Cambridge is a goer as far as we're concerned, keep in touch, cheers guys wink

Daniel Mitchell...Thanks for your encouragement & inspiration & we're dead chuffed ye enjoyed yersel pal wink & NO we're supportin' you ok biglaugh

The Monucrew fae sunny Glezga / Greenock...Martin, Stevie, Ade & Co...as always thanks for your support wink

Global Citizen...Richey & Co absolutley cracking stuff enjoyed the sets, my kinda stuff, your turn to put up with us now on your home patch dan in lundun mate...ow-rite!

Chris! You cannae half drink son! eek

All at Cult promotions Brian, Alan, Emma...thanks for making us welcome & looking after us on friday.

White 52...Here Tom...Calm doooon eh!!

All our families, mates etc cheers

Pics & some tracks that were recorded will be up here shortly...(Hopefully!)
Posted by: Chappie

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Mon, 24 Jan 2005 00:09:00

A top gig for sure - I couldn't believe it was only the second official outing! Mike, Davy, Tom and especially Don - Thanks for a great weekend the hospitality was outstanding and it was great to meet you all. Sorry I missed the gig Saturday but had already made other plans. Until next time for sure.

Great to meet (or almost meet) Ari, Helen & Sam. Hope to see you all again soon.

Don - you're more than welcome to the Jack - try and sip it slowly eh?
lmao lmao lmao
Posted by: Dadge

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Mon, 24 Jan 2005 01:33:00

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Chaplow:
A top gig for sure
Now I'm really looking forward to you crossing the wall banghead and giving us Sassenachs a gig! Near here the Robin 2 in Bilston is well-known as a popular tribute-band venue.

Congratulations and all the best,
Adrian
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Mon, 24 Jan 2005 01:36:00

What a great night!!!...

I won't even try to thank you all (and there really were quite a lot of you) for looking after us, but we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The music, the interpretation, the vibe of the night and everything for the rest of the weekend in Edinburgh was just very special.

Look forward to seeing you all (perhaps even down south [but Oxford rather than Cambridge though Sleepy wink ]) very soon.

All the best,

EG
x
Posted by: Dex

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Mon, 24 Jan 2005 02:16:00

Bloody fantastic!! What more can you say! They don't get any better than that! have left another posting elsewhere about the Citrus gig. smile Great to meet Ari,Mike,Don and Davie! Shall definitely let you know when I'll be through to the cathouse in Glasgow Davie! Don,hope you caught my reply in the other posting! But you're on for a few beers mate!
Posted by: ari

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Mon, 24 Jan 2005 04:41:00

Just got home (in one piece)! Very tired, but have to say my trip to Edinburgh was absolutely treasure.
Never saw ultravox live but now I saw two cracking gigs and what I got - it was worth of every penny!! Thanks, guys! It was very nice to meet you all.

It was nice to drive with you Don through scottish landscape listening Ultravox and Blue Nile. As I said Blue Nile fitted perfectly for the moment we were driving to Greenock at sunset. I will remember the moment...

I have some cracking photos (350!!!), and yes even Don is looking camera this time. And I taped both gigs. Most of it confused In Citrus, soundengineer told me that heŽll turn the recording on. He didnŽt. So I lost few tracks. Citrus (most of it wink ) I taped from the mixing desk, in Greenock I used microphone and got everything.
Even though it is recorded with microphone it is also very enjoyable to listen. Just listened it all through while flying back to Finland and I loved it - again wink

Global Citizen was very interesting too. Very. I liked them as well.

Give me few days, and youŽll get SOUND AND VISION!!! Okey?

zzzzz ari

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Mon, 24 Jan 2005 04:54:00

Ari, glad you made it home OK and hope all is well. Looking forward to the pictures and music, hopefully you can get Cerise to put it on the forum so I can download it from Jordan! Great to have met you, keep in touch. Paul. laugh
Posted by: Flip Martian

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Mon, 24 Jan 2005 05:30:00

Great stuff! I'll look forward to the pics and audio. laugh Congrats guys - glad it sounds like you're coming darn sarf a bit in the future...

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Mon, 24 Jan 2005 06:29:00

Excellent, thanks Ari - you're a star! We'll get 'em up in the archive as soon as you send 'em over. laugh

Don, Mike, Davy - presumably you'd like to vet pics before they go up..?
Posted by: Davy B

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:54:00

Hi Everyone, Thanks to everyone who has posted their kind comments and good wishes. I can assure you all we has as good a time as you did (even though we had to play catch up in the beer department after we finished). The effort made by everyone who attended was appreciated greatly and i hope that your effort was rewarded with what you expected from us.

Cerise I can't comment for the rest of the guys (especially Sleepy) but i am happy for you to post any pictures of me here.

Ari/Paul It was a pleasure guys, lets hope we can hook up again sometime.

Well, back to work for now, see you soon,

Davy
Posted by: Mike_L

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 00:25:00

Folks,
thanks to all who turned up, it was a blast...especially Ari and Paul for making the international effort. laugh A pleasure to meet you both and, indeed everyone else...
Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as we did and I for one look forward to getting out and doing it again.

Danny, thanks for your kind words and encouragement both here and on the night...

Cerise, post whatever you wish m'dear...I'm desperate to see what Ari's pictures look like. My wife took some pictures, but Don was looking down, Davy was looking (Chris) cross and I looked like Albert Steptoe (when I wasn't sucking my bottom lip)...AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRROLD!!!! laugh

Oh, and we also recorded Friday night's sound in total...I have a recording which mixes the desk sound with two condenser mikes picking up the ambient sound (ie Front Of House sound)...The quality is good (in fact so good I didn't realise I'd made so many mistakes... laugh ). I'm fairly busy this week, but I'll try to break it down into manageable chunks and maybe post some stuff on the site...

...and for those who missed my sideways dancing - here's a taster -> excited

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 01:14:00

Aye...We'll need ye tae calm dooon, ma wee nord nearly landed in oor Danny's lap wi the way ye were swinging that guitar o yers!!! eek
Posted by: pip

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 01:24:00

a quick note to add my thanks for a fantastic gig and it was great to meet everyone :-) but sorry there were still loads of people we didn't get to meet - well not while I was still able to focus, anyway... Don: I will be in touch about the Oxford prospect asap!
pip
xxx
Posted by: Laser

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 07:19:00

Excellent gig, lots of improvement on the already very impressive first gig!

Really came togather very nicely, thoroughly enjoyable!
Lots of lovely phat burbley analogue synths, as good as it gets! laugh laugh

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:01:00

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerise:
Don, Mike, Davy - presumably you'd like to vet pics before they go up..?
No way laugh You just have to trust me... wink

Mike L , yaeh I heard you taped Citrus gig too. Good, then IŽll consentrate only Greenock one.

But when I send Cerise some photos (propably tomorrow, oops today, itŽs already 3 am zzzzz ), IŽll include few tracks from citrus as well. To make complete "attact". I mean you can watch images with autentic sound then. Is that ok?

Cheers, ari

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:01:00

Quote:
Originally posted by ari:
Is that ok?
Yup....

I'll send a couple from the Citrus as well...

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:14:00

Ach!...What the hell matey's, just about everyone on here has seen my ugly mug anyhow! lmao

Ari...remember to send those pics tp you know who ok wink , or your life will not be worth living! biglaugh

Looking forward to hearing the live recordings wink

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:32:00

Quote:
Originally posted by Sleepwalker:
Looking forward to hearing the live recordings wink
Look in your inbox then....erm, with your ears....

Hurrah, 200 posts!
Posted by: sassy

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:19:00

You guys sounded great...davy just sent me the mp3's...well done guys wink

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:09:00

Mike, are you going to be putting these Mp3's in the media archive? If not, any chance of mailing some to me?? Cheers Paul.

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:17:00

Quote:
Mike, are you going to be putting these Mp3's in the media archive? If not, any chance of mailing some to me?? Cheers Paul.
I've sent the three songs i've converted to MP3 to Cerise...
I can send them directly to you if you'd prefer..I dunno when Cerise will get the chance to upload them...

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:33:00

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike_L:
Quote:
[b]Mike, are you going to be putting these Mp3's in the media archive? If not, any chance of mailing some to me?? Cheers Paul.
I've sent the three songs i've converted to MP3 to Cerise...
I can send them directly to you if you'd prefer..I dunno when Cerise will get the chance to upload them...[/b]
Mike, If you could send then to me please. excited excited

That would be great, thanks a lot. Paul

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:49:00

sent...

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:18:00

Mike L.....please sent those songs for me too, Please!

I am still at work. Just finished 38 cracking, exellent, beautiful, so ultravox -like photos. I made them enough small and will sent them to Cerise later today. I wish you all like them. I do.

And PLEASE folks - donŽt ask me to sent these images separately to everyone laugh , Žcause of huge work and cause youŽll end up choosing them/some (this means you "ultravox" - messengers), and itŽll continue forever and no-one will ever sees them ha Trust me.

When ever I have proper time, IŽll sent you, Monument, the same images as a very good laser copies A4 ( X 4). Plus CD which contains them in high-resolution. Patient.

Don....you canŽt believe what waited me home....refills for Reason inc. Nord Lead & Jp6000? (the one Global C. used) wink Amazing, we were just talking about them. Okey, they are just ones and zeros, but better than nothing....CanŽt beat the real HardWare thou wink

I already separated Greenock tracks. Gonna eq them a bit and clean some straches... (my MD wasnŽt woking properly or some noises came from somewhere - I can fortunately clean most of them!!!)
Have to say, you were more relaxed in Greenock and played even better than in Citrus - methinks, after I have listened my recordings few time. YouŽll hear the evidence....

Have to move on..... THE SONG WE GO!

Cheers, ari

P.S. Don, life is still going.... confused (you know what I mean) but fortunately boy is feeling much better... smile
Posted by: sassy

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:30:00

Quote:
[b]Mike L.....please sent those songs for me too, Please!

I am still at work. Just finished 38 cracking, exellent, beautiful, so ultravox -like photos. I made them enough small and will sent them to Cerise later today. I wish you all like them. I do.
[/b]
Ari did you get my email hun...I think you know what I want lmao

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Wed, 26 Jan 2005 00:25:00

The three Citrus Club tracks from Mike are now up in the Media Archive:

http://www.ultravox.org.uk/cgi-bin/Image...Live_recordings

All photos from Ari (or anyone else, for that matter!) will be posted in the Archive too, as soon as we receive them.

Sounds GREAT, guys!!! excited

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Wed, 26 Jan 2005 01:19:00

Quote:
(my MD wasnŽt woking properly or some noises came from somewhere
....that was me...singing.... confused
. excited

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Wed, 26 Jan 2005 04:54:00

Ari's FANTASTIC photos are up! Need to add captions (in progress, bear with me) but they're all there. Enjoy! laugh

http://www.ultravox.org.uk/cgi-bin/ImageFolio31/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Monument_-_t he_Tribute

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Wed, 26 Jan 2005 07:17:00

Captions all done. smile

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:27:00

Only had a chance for a quick look this morning and a quick listen to Mine For Life.

Big thumbs up to both - look forward to a proper shufty tonight. Ari, Monument - well done. laugh

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:01:00

Thanks Flip! nervouslaugh

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:17:00

Sleepy - check out Citrus 5 - you even look like you're enjoying youself lmao
Posted by: Martin_S

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:25:00

Really, really good work, Ari!

Nice to meet you at the Greenock gig.

Cheers
Martin

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:45:00

As a modem user I have only listened to "Slow Motion" yet and looked at the smaller pics, but...

WOW!!! I can't wait to see and hear all the stuff. Will the other mp3s be online tomorrow evening? Because then I think I'll be able to download the files at a friend who has a fast connection.

The Slow Motion intro is absolutely superb. Don, You have created Your own "Billy"-sound on the Nordlead. I have never heard it sounding that way before (before I heard some of Your tracks), it's great!!!

Ari, Your pics really have something very special! I like the way You are working with shadows and lighting!

I saw the sheet with the playlist. First I wondered what "West and Alone" could be wink .

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:30:00

Ari - I'm not sure, that's all Mike has sent me so far. But if someone wants to wing some more over, I'll put 'em up! laugh

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:34:00

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerise:
Ari - I'm not sure, that's all Mike has sent me so far. But if someone wants to wing some more over, I'll put 'em up! laugh
I should get some time to transfer some more tonight....I'll send them tomorrow.
Ari, if you have any of the Greenock gig please don't hesitate to send them to Cerise or myself...
Oh, and your pictures are incredible...thanks, mate... wink

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:43:00

Davy, on Citrus 7...are you looking at my backside ? eek
On Citrus 14, there's a hint of Shrek there Davy boy....
On Greenock 21, what a reflection off the baldy spot Ari, must have taken ages to catch the right second. Cheers, mate... laugh
On Greenock 7, my best Rigsby impersonation, ever..with apologies to our overseas friends who probably won't get the reference...

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Thu, 27 Jan 2005 05:46:00

I look forward to all the tracks becoming available - be ideal listening for me mp3 player on the way to work... laugh

Sleepy, why the - eek - icon dude?! I've only ever said nice things about Monument... kiss

wink laugh wink

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Thu, 27 Jan 2005 06:11:00

Greenock 7 - you missed a golden opportunity there...get a white cat in for "Vienna"....

(Rigsby? Vienna? The cat? No?...damn, where's the coat rack...) wink

I love Citrus 1 - the synchronised face pulling and hand movements...classic. smile

Ok Greenock 16... who wrote John Fox with 1 X? Come on, own up... laugh

And finally (Esther)...can anyone confirm whether Don actually EVER looks up while he's playing? wink

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Thu, 27 Jan 2005 06:37:00

Hi, it's me again... .

Mike, do You have a new Strat or is that Your red one, maybe sprayed grey to fit into a certain stagedesign/lighting? I've heard that some guitarists do this wink .

I really hope to get the chance to meet You one day!

Greetings
Nils

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:32:00

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike_L:
Davy, on Citrus 7...are you looking at my backside ? eek
On Citrus 14, there's a hint of Shrek there Davy boy....
On Greenock 21, what a reflection off the baldy spot Ari, must have taken ages to catch the right second. Cheers, mate... laugh
On Greenock 7, my best Rigsby impersonation, ever..with apologies to our overseas friends who probably won't get the reference...
Yip, I can see Shrek in 14 mate, unfortunately!

on Citrus 1 it looks as if we are calling each other w*nk*rs and saying 'no, you are a winker......no, you are......"

Davy.

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:44:00

Couple o'Fannies mare like! biglaugh

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Thu, 27 Jan 2005 20:46:00

Quote:
Couple o'Fannies mare like! biglaugh
Couple o'Fannies, is that an Irish bar in Sauce land?

Davy.

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Thu, 27 Jan 2005 22:45:00

Quote:
Originally posted by Nils:
Hi, it's me again... .

Mike, do You have a new Strat or is that Your red one, maybe sprayed grey to fit into a certain stagedesign/lighting? I've heard that some guitarists do this wink .

I really hope to get the chance to meet You one day!

Greetings
Nils
Nils, its a gold coloured 50th anniversary Strat which my wife very kindly bought me for Christmas... laugh

...and before anybody chips in - the Fender Stratocaster's 50th anniversary, not mine.... wink

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Thu, 27 Jan 2005 22:47:00

Quote:
Originally posted by Flip Martian:
Ok Greenock 16... who wrote John Fox with 1 X? Come on, own up... laugh

And finally (Esther)...can anyone confirm whether Don actually EVER looks up while he's playing? wink
Tommy (he's not really an Ultravox fan shock , just a fine drummer...)

And Finally (Esther laugh )No - he can sense when we glare at him.... wink

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Fri, 28 Jan 2005 03:00:00

Three more Citrus live tracks up in the Media Archive... enjoy! laugh

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Fri, 28 Jan 2005 06:51:00

Vienna now up too. laugh

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Fri, 28 Jan 2005 07:01:00

Now I have seen and heard everything so far. GREAT! I especially liked "Sleepwalk" and "All Stood Still"!

From the pictures I like those the most:
Citrus 2 (nice difference between Mike in blue and Don in red)
Citrus 10
Citrus 15 (quite menacing)

Greenock 3 (great light)
Greenock 10 (the light seems to come out of the Yamaha)
Greenock 11
Greenock 13
Greenock 18 (suspense in the air wink )
Greenock 20 (the room reminds me of a scenery from David Lynch. Ari, when there's time please tell me some secrets of photography!!)

Mike: great guitar! Now that I've seen all the pics I also see that she (the guitar) is not grey but gold. Your wife has a very good taste!

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:30:00

Nils, dont let mike fool you, the gold strat used to belong to ABC circa lexicon of love. It was martin Fry's, to go with his gold lame suit.

Davy.

Only kidding Mike..

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:24:00

Quote:
Originally posted by Davy B:
Nils, dont let mike fool you, the gold strat used to belong to ABC circa lexicon of love. It was martin Fry's, to go with his gold lame suit.

Davy.

Only kidding Mike..
Dammit, I thought he was referring to my wife's taste in choosing me.... wink

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:26:00

Quote:

Greenock 20 (the room reminds me of a scenery from David Lynch.
Nils,
the decor is not all that the place has in common with a David Lynch set, believe me.... laugh

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Fri, 28 Jan 2005 23:29:00

Are you refering to backward walkin'/talkin' midget barman that clicks his fingers & plays the double bass @ the same time by any chance? nutjob

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Fri, 28 Jan 2005 23:52:00

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sleepwalker:
<strong>Are you refering to backward walkin'/talkin' midget barman that clicks his fingers & plays the double bass @ the same time by any chance? excited

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Sat, 29 Jan 2005 06:29:00

A Martin Fry signature edition wink .

In Flensburg there's a book and comic shop. Last year I was there with my brother and it really felt as if we were part of a scene in e.g. "Twin Peaks" or "Mulholland Drive". No-one else was in the shop, only the dealer himself and his mum. He read some comics and his mum sat at the opposite side of the table and was telling weird stories to her son who didn't seem to listen. And everything else was totally quiet.
It was quite disturbing....
bemused

By the way, Mike: what effects did You use? "Only" single Boss-Effects or also a multieffect?
Posted by: Sly

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Sat, 29 Jan 2005 06:47:00

CONGRATULATIONS I have been listening the Monument Live tracks. You are doing very good work. I wish haven't seen your gigs, but thanks for those tracks. Maby one small day smile I would see your concert...
Hey!!! Visions in Blue, Sleepwalk and Slow Motion are super !!!! But the rest I also like. I'm waiting for more live tracks !!!!! I saw your photos. If I would be on your concert I would think "The Reunion..." wink .
I wonder what is the Foxx-era second song?
Really great band!!!!

All the best

Sly

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Sat, 29 Jan 2005 08:40:00

Sly, if i understand you correctly, you ask, what was the second song after Slow Motion????? the bass drum intro is for Quiet Men, played live , BUT, with some over critical 'howlers', well, not exactly 'howlers', but, wee deviances from the original. Or, what we call in the trade as, 'Jazz Chords'.......

**** Our version of Quiet Men was based 0n John Foxx's Dominion Theatre, London, 21st October 1983 version. Or, was that the Lyceum, London on the 11th November 1983 ???? John?? Denis, answers on a postcard ...................................................

Davy.

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Sat, 29 Jan 2005 23:50:00

Thanks guys for all your kind comments, there are certainly a few howlers in there, mostly caused by yours truly!!! :rolleyes: biglaugh
Posted by: Danny Mitchell

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:03:00

Quote:
Thanks guys for all your kind comments, there are certainly a few howlers in there, mostly caused by yours truly!!! :rolleyes: biglaugh
Don't sweat it Don, if I remember rightly, when recording "Monument", howlers were pretty much the order of the day. (except for Warren, now that I think about it)It's amazing what a can of fairy dust and a day in Air Studios can do for a live recording.

As an aside, I've got to congratulate Ari on his fabulous photography. I wish someone had caught a snap of him when he was working away in front of the stage at Edinburgh. I've never seen anyone so happy at work. His face was a picture of pure elation. Nice one Ari!!
Posted by: Dex

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Sun, 30 Jan 2005 23:37:00

Just seen Ari's photo's from the Citrus gig etc,very well taken Ari! Can't remember if you took any of Global Citizen though,got to speak to them afterwards,nice folks! Absolutely right Danny,Ari did look ecstatic taking these photo's.Don,I'll be in touch soon when I've shaken off this bloody flu virus!!

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:22:00

Thanks everyone for nice comments about photos I did. It was absolutely my pleasure.

Mike, Davy.... Now you see what I was saying previously; if IŽd sent photos for you (monument) to choose, before posting them here, you would be still choosing them.... lmao

Danny.... thanks for you kind word....you are very right. I love my work a lot. Besides photography is also my hobby, so I am very lucky to have job I can practice both at the same time.
But Monument gig in Citrus, well, I started to "enjoy" my day about midday, was very exited about gig and maybe worked "too professional" if ya know what I mean laugh Shooting something like Monument is real pleasure...
But shooting something like CEO of big company who is not used to pose in front of the camera in his dull looking office and he (in 99 % case) refuses to left his office and the story is going to be 6 page long in magazine.....then my job is something else... wink

Dex....I indeed photographed Global Citizen as well in Greenock. I spoke to them also, and promised to sent some photos.... and I will. I have a few cracking ones of them, they had quite visual expression....

So I have been very silent for past week. My life is turning upside down, canŽt focus anything right now (except my job - kind of have to focus wink )

Cheers, ari

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Mon, 31 Jan 2005 22:34:00

Quote:

By the way, Mike: what effects did You use? "Only" single Boss-Effects or also a multieffect?
Nils,
I only used BOSS 'stomp-box' effects at these gigs, although I wasn't happy with the distortion sound - I need something which can sustain and have controllable feedback. Ordinarily I would use the overdrive on my amp, but the new guitar has more powerful pickups which scream before I hit a note...so I have some searching to do.... smile

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Mon, 31 Jan 2005 22:58:00

What about getting a 'Big Muff' distortion pedal?
They're great! nutjob

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Tue, 01 Feb 2005 04:24:00

There's the possibility of a stack of some multieffects. I have a Yamaha FX500 multieffect and since few weeks also a Boss ME-6 multieffect. I've switched them in a row, so that I can use the second effect unit on a "pre-mixed" sound. When both units deliver distorted sound the result is..... strongly distorted laugh . Of course there has to be some altering in the settings to avoid feedback and noises. And there's no possibility of getting a straight, "clear" distortion. It's some kind of overload, it might sound a bit washed. But fat...... wink . And I nearly have recreated the "DWTIME" sound. But somehow Midge seems to play "real" chords there, no powerchords. I haven't got the sound for real chords yet... .

I think Danny may remember the setup and the stuff Midge had back then? There was a talk about it in this thread:
http://www.ultravox.org.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=000053
(scroll the page down a bit)

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Tue, 01 Feb 2005 06:13:00

When will the other tracks be uploaded? Would love to hear e.g. "Desire", "DWTIME" and the Intro!
Posted by: drew lapsley

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:23:00

Hi guys . Wat can I say . I took me back to my first uv gig at the Glasgow appolo 1982. If only if I was 15 years old again .let me know when the next show is.
Drew Lapsley.

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Wed, 02 Feb 2005 00:57:00

Quote:
When will the other tracks be uploaded? Would love to hear e.g. "Desire", "DWTIME" and the Intro!
Nils - the boys have decided to put more Citrus Club recordings up only on request, but have agreed to putting up Ari's whole recording of Greenock. I'll try to do that later! wink

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Wed, 02 Feb 2005 19:44:00

OK smile
Posted by: Sly

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Wed, 02 Feb 2005 21:16:00

I am also waiting for Monument's recordings and photos laugh
Posted by: refoman

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Wed, 23 Feb 2005 05:02:00

not wanting to sound thick or anything,but ive downloaded the music files but i cant get my pc to play them??im not exactly pc literate,ie i know where the on/off button is lol but thats about it
nearly made it to the gig too but all went pear shaped right at the last minute,but somewhere oxfordy/swindony would be good and i promise ya oxford fans i wont wear me 'we hate tommy mooney' t shirt!!!!lol
Posted by: CONNY'S PIG

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:56:00

Hey Sly, I see you use Photoshop too !
Clever brushwork on ya avatar, it aint easy brushing out a noose biglaugh
Posted by: WesternPromise

Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band - Thu, 24 Feb 2005 06:31:00

Just listened to all the tracks and they were excellent, looks from the pics and the brill music like a great night was had! smile