All systems go for sunday!!

Posted by: Sleepwalker

All systems go for sunday!! - Thu, 21 Oct 2004 23:32:00

Babysitters booked, so no excuses. I'm no driving halfway across Scotland fir nuthin' ye know (& probably with a kingsize hangover!)....Oi..! Lyden it's your turn to bring the charlie nervouslaugh
Posted by: Mike_L

Re: All systems go for sunday!! - Fri, 22 Oct 2004 01:03:00

Don,
Glad to see you're taking it seriously and not just in it for the sex, drugs and rock'n'roll..... smile
On the subject of which - If I thought for a second anyone in the band would jeopardise any performance for the sake of a selfish 'high' I would quit immediately after reshaping their head...Not very humorous, I know, but my own personal feelings... confused2 banghead lmao

Looking forward to Sunday as we are really starting to sound like a decent band.... laugh excited
Posted by: CONNY'S PIG

Re: All systems go for sunday!! - Fri, 22 Oct 2004 01:03:00

D' ya mean THE Charlie Nicholas ?? biglaugh

PS ; I'm sure our Donald is only jestin' Mike.
Calm down dear, it's only a commercial wink
Posted by: Mike_L

Re: All systems go for sunday!! - Fri, 22 Oct 2004 02:04:00

CP,
I know he was.....

Just a personal bugbear of mine...
Imagine the scenario - you've sacrificed time and money to rehearse a set, pulled off a booking in a decent venue, convinced lots of friends and acquaintances to part with their cash to come and see you ....then one of your band roll in too far gone to walk properly, let alone play....You're screwed before you even hit a note...

I'm not for once suggesting that anyone in this band would do that, and I'm not condoning or denying anyone's choice to use drink or drugs.

However, I have been in the scenario described above and it pi$$ed me off no end. banghead

So, I'm cagey about people suggesting bringing drink or drugs to a rehearsal or gig, even visitors. In the end, the band is there to do a job as a team. Respect the team. Work first, party afterwards....

For future reference, in case I inadvertently annoy anyone for being too strait-laced...
wink