Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Topic Options
#9728 - Fri, 14 Jan 2011 13:20:00 Helden - "Borderline"
Dominic Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Bali - Indonesia
Hi everybody,

I've just listened to "Borderline" by Helden on YouTube . What do you think of it?

Dominic

#9729 - Fri, 14 Jan 2011 20:31:00 Re: Helden - "Borderline"
SJICQNW Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: North Wales
hi dominic, many thanks for the link !

i am always scouring youtube for stuff that i never got to hear 'back in the day', and i hadn't managed to find this one, so thats a great find !

i had heard Zaine Griff's "figures" back when it was released, Radio One played it on an evening show a few times. this particular song sounds very similar to "figures" doesnt it.

Pity Helden's "spies" has never seen the light of day. the material does sound dated, and this song 'borderline' you have linked to sounds dated too, but that's no worry, it's nice to hear it. Zaine has a decent voice, and you can hear that Warren and Hans obviously had a 'sound' that is clearly Helden, now i have heard 'borderline' and thinking back to 'figures'. I see 'figures' is also on youtube.... am off to play that now ! laugh

cheers mate
Si.

#9730 - Fri, 14 Jan 2011 23:30:00 Re: Helden - "Borderline"
Dominic Offline

Hi Si,

You're welcome. I'm actually in touch with Zaine Griff via Facebook (as he seems to appreciate my work as a photographer). I'll try to ask him further questions on Helden when the opportunity arises... Stay tuned then! :-)

Cheers,

Dominic

#9731 - Sun, 16 Jan 2011 22:05:00 Re: Helden - "Borderline"
Craven Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: London
Thanks for linking it - I have obviously heard a lot about the band but never heard any of the songs!
It sounds a little dated but I would have loved it at the time, had I heard it and would love to hear more.

#9732 - Tue, 18 Jan 2011 00:44:00 Re: Helden - "Borderline"
Paul Cook Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Orpington, England.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dominic:
Hi Si,

You're welcome. I'm actually in touch with Zaine Griff via Facebook (as he seems to appreciate my work as a photographer). I'll try to ask him further questions on Helden when the opportunity arises... Stay tuned then! :-)

Cheers,

Dominic
Dominic,

Zaine is definately up for the idea of a 'Spies' release, but not sure he is 100% aware of the contract issues that hold it up. I think he's been in contact with Cerise and Rob several times.

By the way, CD releases of 'Ashes & Diamonds' and 'Figvres' should see the light of day very soon

For a little more info on Helden go to http://www.zainegriff.co.uk/helden.html on my Zaine site.

#9733 - Thu, 20 Jan 2011 22:18:00 Re: Helden - "Borderline"
Dominic Offline

Thanks very much, Paul, for the information... :-)

#9734 - Fri, 21 Jan 2011 03:37:00 Re: Helden - "Borderline"
SJICQNW Offline

Quote:
Hi Si,

Cheers,

Dominic
hi Dominic, that would be great if Zaine and indeed Warren could one day get 'spies' released. I'd definitely be getting it.

Your photography work must be great if Zaine is interested and appreciative - who knows, maybe one of your shots could finish up on the front cover of the cd if it surfaces in the end ?

I will keep an eye on here for any further news from you about Helden, and i am sure i speak for many in sending best wishes to Zaine from all fans of Helden, Zaine, and Ultravox, next time you are in touch.

cheers mate, Si smile

#9735 - Fri, 21 Jan 2011 03:39:00 Re: Helden - "Borderline"
SJICQNW Offline

"Zaine is definately up for the idea of a 'Spies' release, but not sure he is 100% aware of the contract issues that hold it up. I think he's been in contact with Cerise and Rob several times.
By the way, CD releases of 'Ashes & Diamonds' and 'Figvres' should see the light of day very soon"

And of course, thanks Paul for your info too, great stuff. Si

#9736 - Fri, 21 Jan 2011 08:32:00 Re: Helden - "Borderline"
Dominic Offline

Hi Si,

Well, I don't know whether I'll one day collaborate with Zaine Griff, but I can tell you that I've collaborated with Peter Godwin ("Images of Heaven", "Baby's in the Mountains"), producing & directing his new band's ( Nuevo ) music video that should be released this year...

More info soon... :-)

Take care.

Dominic

#9737 - Sat, 22 Jan 2011 04:22:00 Re: Helden - "Borderline"
SJICQNW Offline

Quote:
Hi Si,

Well, I don't know whether I'll one day collaborate with Zaine Griff, but I can tell you that I've collaborated with Peter Godwin ("Images of Heaven", "Baby's in the Mountains"), producing & directing his new band's ( Nuevo ) music video that should be released this year...

More info soon... :-)

Take care.

Dominic
GREAT work Dominic ! Seriously cool ! cool
keep it going !
Si

#9738 - Tue, 25 Jan 2011 15:12:00 Re: Helden - "Borderline"
Dominic Offline

Si,

My contribution to Nuevo & Peter Godwin has been in producing & directing (in Java, where I've been living for the last 15 years) a music video for the "hot" track, "Chocolate".

The video is still under editing (Peter Godwin & I are very demanding & perfectionist people), but the final cut should be ready by next month and become public next March or April.

You'll of course be able to watch it on Nuevo 's website, but also on Peter Godwin 's Facebook page, as well as mine .