Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Topic Options
#94015 - Mon, 22 Aug 2005 20:01:00 Ultravox discography
Adi Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Southampton - UK
Hi Cerise

I know that you are very busy m'dear, but any news on when the Ultravox discography will be updated?
When it is will, it contain details of all of the different variations of music that has been released? i.e. remixes, colour of vynal, original country of release etc?
Will there be any pictures to look with envy, showing all the different album covers and inside covers of gatefold sleeve releases and picture discs? If not, could an area of the media archive be opened up to the forum members to upload pictures of their prized Ultravox collections?
I have all of the Midge Ure era Ultravox releases in one variation or another and I would be happy to share the info with other members on the forum smile

Keep up the good work
Regards
Adi

#94016 - Mon, 22 Aug 2005 20:16:00 Re: Ultravox discography
Cerise Offline

Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Bristol, UK
Hi Adi!

Quote:
Originally posted by Adi:
I know that you are very busy m'dear, but any news on when the Ultravox discography will be updated?

We are working on it, although it's not our main focus right now as we're also working hard on a release for EMI. Rob's putting info and scans together for the Discography (and Gigography) whilst I am currently scanning the thousands of transparencies we have from Midge and Chris. We will need some of these for the EMI project (working title of 'Anthology') but we also need to return the boxes of photos to Midge and Chris at some point! There are about 10,000 transparencies to do in total and this lovely tranny scanner, whilst being pro grade, isn't particularly fast. I can get about 6 done in 35 minutes, on a good day.

Of course, bear in mind that Rob and I work on this website (and any other Ultravox/John Foxx-related projects) in grabbed hours here and there. We'd love to work on it full-time, but alas, someone has to pay our mortgages! wink

So to answer your question, yes, we are aware that it's a feature that many people would like to see, and once we have these transparencies scanned and Anthology ready for release, it will become our main focus - along with getting much more content loaded.

When it is will, it contain details of all of the different variations of music that has been released? i.e. remixes, colour of vynal, original country of release etc?
Will there be any pictures to look with envy, showing all the different album covers and inside covers of gatefold sleeve releases and picture discs?

Ohh yes. We are aiming to make it the complete Ultravox discography EVER.

If not, could an area of the media archive be opened up to the forum members to upload pictures of their prized Ultravox collections? I have all of the Midge Ure era Ultravox releases in one variation or another and I would be happy to share the info with other members on the forum smile

Actually, even though we will be including pictures - that's not a bad idea for a Media Archive section. Anyone else care to second it?

Keep up the good work

Thank you! laugh

#94017 - Tue, 23 Aug 2005 04:23:00 Re: Ultravox discography
Plastic Demons Offline
Pass level: Manager

Loc: Morecambe the Costa Del North-...
Looking forward to seeing the discography online, it'll be nice to see which of the gaps need filling. If there's any info or images we can supply to help out then just let us know, I'm sure I speak on behalf of most of the serious collectors on the site. wink