Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Topic Options
#9364 - Sun, 03 Oct 2010 05:06:00 The Gift and Answers out now!
robak Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: Herts
And way to go Cerise, Robin, Paul (and HMV, for coughing up these little beauties today, along with the Salvo design harmonised triple reissue of Mad Not Mad by Virgin, and all ahead of Monday too) for The Gift and Answers to Nothing. It's been worth the tantalising wait.

But sadly, I've been waaay too busy assisting in a Guiness World Record today (a mass crocus planting event for Polio eradication, would you believe) and still scraping stubborn tile glue away in the kitchen to give them a listen (proper or otherwise), but the packaging is as impeccable as ever. Well done to everyone involved!

Pity about not being able to squeeze on the 12" of After a Fashion, but I can understand the need to make use of new material on both of these releases. Hopefully it'll finally find a home somewhere in the near future... and how about a Midge Ure anthology? Now there's a thought to conjour with smile

And a Midge Ure solo best of with a video disc would be nice too some time, and again is more than deserved by now...

But, anyway, I'm amazed that no one has posted on this yet, so very happy to be the first to give you all a big cheer! Well done.

Rob

#9365 - Sun, 03 Oct 2010 19:57:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
FR Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Wrexham
Well Rob, some of us are still waiting for them to arrive hence maybe the lack of other comments. Planning on filling up my 6 CD changer in the car (other 2 slots being RTE discs) as soon as they arrive!

#9366 - Sun, 03 Oct 2010 23:33:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
Rob Harris Online   content
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Ledbury, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by robak:
And way to go Cerise, Robin, Paul for The Gift and Answers to Nothing. It's been worth the tantalising wait. The packaging is as impeccable as ever. Well done to everyone involved!
Thank-you... laugh

We're certainly very happy with the end results. It's great that these albums are finally out there for everyone to enjoy...

Quote:
Pity about not being able to squeeze on the 12" of After a Fashion, but I can understand the need to make use of new material on both of these releases.
I can see your reasoning for thinking that the 12 inch version of After a Fashion should've made its way onto the second disc of The Gift, but it was decided against as this was a Midge Ure release, and no other collaborative tracks were included - would it have been appropriate to have included Yellow Pearl (with Phil Lynott), or even the Band Aid single Do They Know it's Christmas?

Quote:
Hopefully it'll finally find a home somewhere in the near future... and how about a Midge Ure anthology? Now there's a thought to conjour with smile And a Midge Ure solo best of with a video disc would be nice too some time, and again is more than deserved by now...
Inevitably, we can't say anything at this stage - but, as Midge would say: Watch this space... wink

Rob

#9367 - Mon, 04 Oct 2010 04:02:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
darthsmaull Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Cambridge, UK
Based on past experience with Amazon I'm not expecting my copies till mid-week, but who knows - I might be pleasantly surprised!

Rob H - interesting to hear the rationale behind the non-inclusion of After A Fashion (and other collaborative tracks). I understand and respect the thinking, but I do hope for remastered versions at some point in the not too distant future...

I hope that healthy sales of these two MU releases will encourage EMI into considering further releases along the lines that have been hinted at!

#9368 - Mon, 04 Oct 2010 17:28:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
And way to go Cerise, Robin, Paul (and HMV, for coughing up these little beauties today, along with the Salvo design harmonised triple reissue of Mad Not Mad by Virgin, and all ahead of Monday too) for The Gift and Answers to Nothing. It's been worth the tantalising wait.

But sadly, I've been waaay too busy assisting in a Guiness World Record today (a mass crocus planting event for Polio eradication, would you believe) and still scraping stubborn tile glue away in the kitchen to give them a listen (proper or otherwise), but the packaging is as impeccable as ever. Well done to everyone involved!
Thanks for the congratulations on the album look, and sorry to hear you've (excuse the pun) been stuck with glue. It's a shame you've not had a chance to listen to them. Rob, Cerise and me put a lot of work into these last two; as both second discs run close to the maximum amount available to be put on a physical disc, we think some of the best unreleased material in the 'Remastered Definitive Editions' has gone on to these two albums. We were certainly very happy hearing them in all their majesty on the final verification discs and hope others feel the same when they receive and get round to playing them.

Quote:
Pity about not being able to squeeze on the 12" of After a Fashion, but I can understand the need to make use of new material on both of these releases. Hopefully it'll finally find a home somewhere in the near future... and how about a Midge Ure anthology? Now there's a thought to conjour with smile
Yes; isn't it...

Quote:
And a Midge Ure solo best of with a video disc would be nice too some time, and again is more than deserved by now...

But, anyway, I'm amazed that no one has posted on this yet, so very happy to be the first to give you all a big cheer! Well done.
Thanks ever so much. And well done to you for being the first to post.

Quote:
Rob
Regards,

Paul

#9369 - Mon, 04 Oct 2010 22:13:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
robak Offline

Ah, well I hope more people have got their hands on copies by now smile

And very nice they sound too, having finally had the chance to skim through them that evening.

Yes, I realsed the rationale behind the exclusion of After a Fashion, and wouldn't have expected any of the other Lynott material (not forgetting the follow-up Together too) or Band Aid material, hence my box-set comments smile

Hmmm, now what you could mean? Well, I always like to live in hope, that's when the nicest surprises happen smile

Praise where praise is due, I always say.

Rob

#9370 - Mon, 04 Oct 2010 23:21:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
Paul Smith Offline

Loc: Somewhere Else
Mine were waiting for me on the mat when I came home just popped them in for a listen and I am shocked eek

A version of That Certain Smile that I don't hate !!!! laugh

The 12" version is a huge improvement on the album version wink

It takes a track that I considered Midges worst and made it much more interesting.

Off to give the rest a listen now

#9371 - Tue, 05 Oct 2010 16:33:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
FR Offline

going to cry if mine don't arrive today!

#9372 - Tue, 05 Oct 2010 16:40:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
Your Shadow Offline

Loc: Liverpool
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Smith:
Mine were waiting for me on the mat when I came home just popped them in for a listen and I am shocked eek

A version of That Certain Smile that I don't hate !!!! laugh

The 12" version is a huge improvement on the album version wink

It takes a track that I considered Midges worst and made it much more interesting.

Off to give the rest a listen now
It's funny how tastes can differ so much. That Certain Smile was always one of my favourite songs from The Gift.

#9373 - Tue, 05 Oct 2010 18:19:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
FR Offline

My copies have indeed arrived today, with the bonus of a signed print of Midge!
Gone straight for the bonus CDs and they are sounding great so far.

#9374 - Tue, 05 Oct 2010 18:54:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
david L. Offline

Loc: oxfordshire
Quote:
Originally posted by FR:
My copies have indeed arrived today, with the bonus of a signed print of Midge!
Gone straight for the bonus CDs and they are sounding great so far.
Yep - mine arrived from Townsend this morning as well - complete with signed print. If anyone is wondering, the print is the same picture as the top left hand corner photo in the middle pages of the insert that comes with the "Answers" CD

#9375 - Tue, 05 Oct 2010 23:43:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
StrangerWithin Offline

Loc: in exile
The CDs arrived today plus bonus signed photo and I'm delighted with them. Absolutely superb! Love all the previously unreleased stuff...more soul food!!! I've been playing these albums all day and don't anticipate stopping any time soon!

Thanks to Cerise, Rob & Paul and all concerned in producing such excellent remasters!

#9376 - Thu, 07 Oct 2010 02:50:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
Laurita Offline

Loc: Bergamo - Italy
I finally managed to place the order at Townsend today (yep, I had to re-charge my electronic credit card first, this means to go to the Post Office and they have this strange habit of being open exaclty in the same hours I'm working smile )
Now I really can't wait! laugh

#9377 - Thu, 07 Oct 2010 03:21:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
Cooky Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: Poole, Dorset
My CD's arrived from Townsend on Tuesday.
Fantastic artwork and great re-mastered sound quality. Thanks Cerise and Rob, nice one.
They came with a signed print which is of fantastic quality, much better than the 'Return to Eden' print.
To cap it all off, I had an e-mail from Townsend this afternoon to say that I had won one of the 10 'meet & greet' tickets. Very cool

#9378 - Thu, 07 Oct 2010 04:14:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
Cross_Fade Offline

Loc: Leeds, West Yorkshire
The extended version of that Certain Smile is fantastic. Does anyone know why this was not actually issued on the original 12" single instead of the album version? Seems such a waste. The same happened with the Visage 12" single of fade To Grey. We had to wait until the issue of she vinyl release of the singles collection to hear that gem.

Am I right in thinking that the 12" version of After A Fashion is just about the only thing that remains un-issued on CD? I have it on an old cassette of the Princes Trust album from the mid 80's which still sounds great and crackle free compared to my vinyl copy. Are we ever going to get it on CD?

#9379 - Sat, 09 Oct 2010 04:01:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
richard65 Offline

Loc: sheffield
Both my copies arrived this morning and i've spent most of the day playing them!!. I have to say that as with the Ultravox remasters, the sound quality is brilliant! 'The Gift' was the first cd i ever bought back in 1986, but the new one sounds much clearer with a nice full sound. 'Answers' sounds just as good and i'm happy with the second discs on both albums. The packaging is good too, and the discs themselves look great. I've now got all of the remasters and would like to thank everybody involved once again for giving us a collection to be proud of!

#9380 - Sat, 09 Oct 2010 05:27:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
darthsmaull Offline

Loc: Cambridge, UK
Mine arrived yesterday but tonight's the first chance I've had for a proper listen.

Another top notch job from all concerned - well done EV!!

@ Andy0770: I think you are right about After A Fashion (Extended) being the only track that was released previously which has still to make it to CD now... The two collaborations with Phil Lynott that I am aware of are on CD, After A Fashion (7") and Call Of The Wild (7") are on the 1993 "If I Was..." compilation. I am sure someone more knowledgeable than myself will be able to give a more definitive answer...

#9381 - Sat, 09 Oct 2010 06:15:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
Cross_Fade Offline

Loc: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by darthsmaull:
Mine arrived yesterday but tonight's the first chance I've had for a proper listen.

Another top notch job from all concerned - well done EV!!

@ Andy0770: I think you are right about After A Fashion (Extended) being the only track that was released previously which has still to make it to CD now... The two collaborations with Phil Lynott that I am aware of are on CD, After A Fashion (7") and Call Of The Wild (7") are on the 1993 "If I Was..." compilation. I am sure someone more knowledgeable than myself will be able to give a more definitive answer...
I hope so. The B-side of the After a fashion 7"/12" single "Textures" was released on the compilation CD "No Regrets" and as far as I know is still the only place to find it on CD. It seems like the extended version of "After A Fashion" has been somewhat overlooked. Unless there is something else in the pipeline.....

#9382 - Sat, 09 Oct 2010 19:58:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy0770:
It seems like the extended version of "After A Fashion" has been somewhat overlooked.
No it hasn't. If you read further up the thread you'll see exactly the reason it was not included on this particular release.

Regards,

Paul

#9383 - Sat, 09 Oct 2010 21:59:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Hitchcock:
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy0770:
[b] It seems like the extended version of "After A Fashion" has been somewhat overlooked.
No it hasn't. If you read further up the thread you'll see exactly the reason it was not included on this particular release.[/b]
The second disc in the recently released Definitive Edition of The Gift clocks in at 76'51". The Extended Version of After a Fashion is 5'43" in length - and there simply wasn't enough room on the CD for it to have been included.

Moreover, including it would've been more than a little odd if the single version of After a Fashion [4'00"] and its B-side Textures [3'24"] weren't also present to accompany it.

In fact, if those three previously available tracks (albeit, available in a mixture of vinyl and CD) had been included, then the three previously unreleased tracks (That Certain Smile (12 Inch Version) [6'36"], That Certain Smile (Recorded Live At Wembley Arena 23.12.85) [4'01"] and The Gift (Recorded Live At Wembley Arena 23.12.85) [5'09"]) would've had to have been omitted.

This is all in addition to my earlier comments in this thread which highlighted the fact that this is a Midge Ure release, and no other collaborative tracks were included.

As with all of these Definitive Edition releases we've always fought to include as much material as possible - while at the same time adding something extra in the shape of unreleased material. We feel that we have definitely achieved this with both The Gift and Answers to Nothing .

Rob

#9384 - Sun, 10 Oct 2010 01:06:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
FR Offline

I think you have achieved all you set out to and more. The 'extras' are just fantastic, and like some of the others here I think the extended version of That Certain Smile one of the best.

Not overly bothered about After a Fashion in any form personally

You can't please all the people all the time, but I'm sure I'm not alone in being extremely pleased and impressed with what the 3 of you have done, in this as well as so many other things.

Thanks so much

smile

#9385 - Sun, 10 Oct 2010 02:02:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
Tom27 Offline

Loc: Germany
Still waiting for both discs to arrive (Germany that is). However I am very-very happy with what Iīve read so far. Although most of us own both albums already in various forms (I have them on vinyl and CD), the new packaging and the care the EV team has taken, does make them an essential purchase... now, I keep on waiting :-)

Cheers
Tom

#9386 - Tue, 12 Oct 2010 22:20:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
robak Offline

Hi, there are a few Midge things outside of the main solo material all present and correct across these two new CDs. Besides various Prince's Trust live tracks - at least two of which (If I Was and Call of the Wild) have appeared on CD - off the top of my head there is:

With Lynott: Yellow Pearl 12", Together 12", Together with extra spoken intro (on the b-side to the Together 12")

With Chris Cross: The Bloodied Sword album and the unreleased Max Headroom soundtrack material

And both the Band Aid b-sides and the 12" version... and doubtless some other bits and pieces that someone will remind us all of too smile

Can't say I care particularly for the remix of That Certain Smile, it doesn't really flow for me (maybe why it wasn't used?), but I still applaud it's inclusion along with the work-in-progress material included therein, although imho it's the Rage in Eden work-in-progress tracks that I found the most fascinating smile

Rob

#9387 - Tue, 12 Oct 2010 22:48:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
david L. Offline

Loc: oxfordshire
The one thing I would love to see on CD at some point is "Come The Day" from the "class of 99" soundtrack - A great lost classic.

( this is meant in no way to denegrate the brilliant work on the re-issues )

#9388 - Wed, 13 Oct 2010 01:49:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
robak Offline

Absolutely - I'd forgotten all about that 'un.

Good call!

Rob

#9389 - Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:10:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
1.Outside Offline

Loc: Birmingham
I admit I'd forgotten 'Call of the Wild' existed but have I missed something? I presume there's a single version of this? Was that considered for this release?

#9390 - Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:27:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
Anonymous
Unregistered

The single version of this song was included on the reissue of the ' No Regrets ' solo compilation album in 2009.

Regards,

Paul

#9391 - Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:37:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
1.Outside Offline

So that's the reason it wasn't included?

#9392 - Wed, 13 Oct 2010 19:43:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!

Quote:
Originally posted by 1.Outside:
So that's the reason it [Call of the Wild] wasn't included?
And at approximately 4'20" in length it would've been too long. The reasons behind its exclusion are similar to why the Extended Version of After a Fashion was also omitted - please see an earlier part of this thread .

Moreover, if Call of the Wild had of been included, then there would've been a strong argument to have also included the single edits of If I Was, That Certain Smile and Wastelands. As with the other Definitive Editions, single edits were omitted in favour of previously unreleased material.

Rob

#9393 - Thu, 14 Oct 2010 17:59:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
1.Outside Offline

I see. Thanks for that. Ill have to dig it out because I did buy it on a compilation at some point. Actually, it's quite a good track.

#9394 - Thu, 14 Oct 2010 18:39:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
Tom27 Offline

Today, my package from Townsend has arrived and to be honest, I am pretty much disappointed.

The CDs are great (extremely well done, thanks to everyone involved), but the print which was included is totally scrambled and looks terrible. Probably it was damaged on its way because of the poor packaging.

Furthermore, I have ordered all two CDs and while they were confirmed to be "exclusive print editions" each, only 1 print was enclosed. Well, I would not be that disappointed, if it were at least okay. But itīs not nice having paid a premium price because I wanted to have two exclusive prints as confirmed, but thereīs only one broken version.

(P.S.: If they really insist on sending only 1 print per person, then why does the 2nd CD come a price which is supposed to have a print included, too? Donīt really get it...)

Cheers
Tom

Oh, and I am really missing the cardboard packaging around the CDs. They were soooo nice with the Ultravox Definitive Editions.

#9395 - Thu, 14 Oct 2010 20:16:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
Cerise Offline

Loc: Bristol, UK
Hi Tom,

The Townsend site does clearly say that 'Prints are limited to one PER ORDER', not per disc. smile

However, drop them a line re: your damaged print, to see if you can return it for replacement.

Yes, we miss the cardboard sleeves, too. But EMI's budget for these unfortunately was not as high as for the Ultravox ones... frown

Cheers!
Cerise.

#9396 - Fri, 15 Oct 2010 04:56:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
Tom27 Offline

Dear Cerise,

thank you very much for your kind reply. Yes, you are right - I have obviously missed that line, because there was no mention on my order confirmation. Personally, I do not understand how this works, because since both CDs are listed with the print, there must (at least potentially) be equal quantities available. So I feel as if one was removed ;-)

I have already dropped Townsend a line, but I guess that itīs expensive for them to send out another one - and regarding the packaging, I must say that a simple envelope with a little cardboard on the back is prone for such accidents. After I have looked a little close, I think I know why the print was damaged: The 2 CDs were stuck in a cushioned envolpe, then the print envelope was added. Now, when the CDs move around and enough pressure is applied, their plastic edges will push through the cardboard onto the print - thatīs exactly how it looks like. Phew.

Anyway, once again thanks so much to you, Paul and Rob for making these fantastic CDs happen. They are sooo great and I really enjoy the 12" mixes and the unreleased material.

kind regards
Tom

[UPDATE] Townsend was so kind to offer sending me a replacement print. Bad luck though: They do not have signed prints anymore in stock.

#9397 - Sat, 16 Oct 2010 05:34:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
FR Offline

Have to say, having now listened to the CDs on a quality system (up until today they had just been in the car), the quality of the sound is outstanding. Many brand new music doesn't sound this good - hats off the going to so much effort to get this right.

#9398 - Thu, 21 Oct 2010 05:27:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
CMR Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: Co. Durham
I knew I should have kept well away from this thread! My copies have arrived safely but I am not allowed to have them until my birthday so have another two weeks to wait!
I do like the way the remasters have been put together with the original album on one CD and the bonus tracks on a separate one,and personally I am not bothered about there being no cardboard sleeve.

One good thing. I had an email from Amazon saying that although the price for The Gift was Ģ11.99 when I pre ordered it,as it had been advertised previously at Ģ8.95 I was to get a refund for the difference. Hopefully after Cerise had got her few pennies from the order!
Not quite as good a bargain as my original vinyl copy that I won in a competition run by a local newspaper (my brother said I must have been the only one who entered cheek!) but still not bad.
Just can't wait to listen to them.
Christine

#9399 - Sat, 23 Oct 2010 02:55:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
Your Shadow Offline

I would just like to say a big thanks to everyone involved with these remasters. The sound of these discs are amazing.The choice of extra material is also well thought out.

I bought The Gift and related singles when originally released. I guess I liked it because it wasn't a million miles away from the Ultravox sound - great tunes,plenty of synths and,of course,Midge's voice. I also liked the fact that Midge experimented a bit,putting some interesting instrumentals on the album.

As for Answers To Nothing. The album and singles kind of passed me by back in '88. There didn't seem to be much promtion behind them. I finally bought the album on CD in the '90s but I don't like it as much as The Gift. Not enough musical risks taken for me. I also think that the wrong tracks were chosen as singles - how about Just For You and Sister And Brother? (I know the second track was considered). I just think that these tracks would perhaps have grabbed the buying public more than the tracks released.I have reappraised the album though and think it sounds better now than what I remember.

#9400 - Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:02:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
westham pete Offline

Loc: dagenham / essex
i just got my copy of the Gift album through the post today from HMV ,i was glad i ordered it early online for only Ģ8.99p , as i recently seen it in my local HMV today for a over priced Ģ17.00p , & as you say (Shadow) i wasn,t a great lover of the Answers album back in the late 80s , the only song i really like on that album is Dear God , i did buy the Pure album way back then aswell & i just like Cold Cold Heart , but they are not as good as the Gift album in my opinion .

#9401 - Fri, 29 Oct 2010 03:46:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
Lieutenant030 Offline

Loc: Westcliff -On-Sea, Essex, UK
Got my CDs through today and I must say the remastering is fantastic (although I forgot just how "80's" the extended version of "That Certain Smile" was.

"Answers", for me, was the album where Midge finally shook off the pop single/remix. 22 years after the 'b' side's original release and I finally appreciate the superb "Honorare"!

Ain't technology amazing!

My only gripe is that lyric inserts couldn't be negotiated which means I'll have to hang on to my earlier versions of both CDs.

My faves at the time were "Take Me Home" and the glorious 12" extended version of "Dear God" from 1989. The latter was one of the first songs I played to introduce my son to headphones without fear of him ripping up the sleeve or trashing my Sennheisers (see pic). He'll be 23 in February!

#9402 - Fri, 29 Oct 2010 23:46:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
Gwilym Offline

Loc: Wales.
Just reading December's edition of Record Collector magazine and they've given The Gift and Answers just one star each which is hard to believe, especially since The Gift was a no.2 album and included a no.1 single. The writeup is actually quite harsh and dismissive of both albums.

John Foxx's DNA however gets 5 stars from the same reviewer.

#9403 - Fri, 29 Oct 2010 23:50:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
1.Outside Offline

They've not even listed them as reviewed on the website.

#9404 - Wed, 03 Nov 2010 04:35:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
MickF Offline

Loc: Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
...Like trying to fit a Quart into a pint-pot springs to mind.OOps!Sorry it's all metric now.

The remasters sound great in the car.

I was particularly delighted to see a couple of previously unreleased 'live Tracks' on The Gift from the 1985 Wembley show.That was an unexpected Gift if you will pardon the pun!

I wish that Edo/Antilles could be found though, especially as Antilles proved to be an absolute cracker on that tour.

I have to admit that i'm not a fan of "instrumental versions" originally recorded with vocals and for me always a bad habit and trait from the 80's; a cheap way of filling out the records in those days,in my opinion.
Sadly,both Midge and Ultravox did a little too much of this back then which always took the shine off the featured work.

But overall,the remasters represent a good balance and a project that was clearly worth doing.
I hope they sell shed-loads!
Well done to all concerned.

#9405 - Fri, 12 Nov 2010 19:17:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
Dmitry Offline

Loc: Moscow, Russia
Record Collector (No.282) gave the reissues the lowest possible marks - one star

#9406 - Fri, 12 Nov 2010 19:20:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Dmitry:
Record Collector (No.282) gave the reissues the lowest possible marks - one star
Thanks Dimitry. Sadly, this news was mentioned earlier in the thread here .

frown

#9407 - Sun, 14 Nov 2010 00:29:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
Becca_dup1 Offline
Pass level: Manager

Loc: London
The Reviewer of Record Collector gave the one star. So what? Maybe he was the sort of bloke who like the Smiths- who personally I wouldn't even dignify one of their efforts with a single star.

#9408 - Sun, 14 Nov 2010 01:41:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
Your Shadow Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Becca:
The Reviewer of Record Collector gave the one star. So what? Maybe he was the sort of bloke who like the Smiths- who personally I wouldn't even dignify one of their efforts with a single star.
It's all a matter of opinion Becca. I actually like Midge and The Smiths!! I think they both deserve a good number of stars!!

#9409 - Mon, 15 Nov 2010 04:57:00 Re: The Gift and Answers out now!
MickF Offline

Loc: Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Yes,a strange review as well..The 'live tracks'were unwanted,or something.Why?
RC are normally constructive,but this one was clearly dismissive.Hmnnn.