Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Topic Options
#92389 - Sun, 03 Jun 2007 16:05:00 Unreleased Live Aid DVD One
BlueVision Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Berlin, Germany
God, what section to choose? The "swaps-section" or "what are you listening to (not until now)"? Or here? I decided to create a new section here. Hope in this way it gets most of the attention of the interested members and I know there are probably some...

If you are a member of DIMEADOZEN you should eventually have a look to this . It's announced as the Unreleased Live Aid DVD One and this is the setlist:

01 - Status Quo - Don't Waste My Time
02 - Style Council - You're The Best Thing
03 - Style Council - Big Boss Groove
04 - The Boomtown Rats - Rat Trap
05 - Ultravox - Reap The Wild Wind
06 - Ultravox - One Small Day
07 - Spandau Ballet - We Are Virgin
08 - Nik Kershaw - Wide Boy
09 - Nik Kershaw - Don Quixote
10 - Nik Kershaw - The Riddle
11 - Sade - Why Can't We Live Together
12 - Sade - Is It A Crime
13 - Sting - Driven To Tears
14 - Sting - Message In A Bottle
15 - Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight
16 - Phil Collins and Sting - Long Long Way To Go

Can't say anything about the quality, but can't wait to get it. Come and join in if you want!

Yours BV

#92390 - Sat, 09 Jun 2007 21:42:00 Re: Unreleased Live Aid DVD One
Dmitry Offline

Loc: Moscow, Russia
I offered THE FULL UNREALESED LIVE AID SET in 4DVDs a while ago as a vine, and nobody got interested !!!!!!!

I also have the FULL AUDIO SET in FLAC, it opens to 19 audio discs, if you are ready to start a tree I would send you a copy...........I have one left

#92391 - Sun, 10 Jun 2007 02:39:00 Re: Unreleased Live Aid DVD One
BlueVision Offline

Loc: Berlin, Germany
You'd should give it to DIME Dmitry, there is a huge response there now. The guy who uploads the announced 3 discs (its probably a mix of UK- & US-TV-recordings) uploaded now already the second disc. However, I downloaded disc 1, quality of it is good. The UVOX-part of it is another sad piece of the performance, a band in disbanding. It's in the same way the bad performance like on the official DVDs. Mostly visible is Midge, Sometimes Warren. Billy... was he really there? I can hear his synths, but he gets only for some seconds camera's attention. He is doing some of his "aerobic" sometimes, visible on some rare tele-objective-shots (never say he is playing static like a monument behind his instruments, thats for sure the opposite thing). And poor poor Chris, it looks that he is not realizing that the bass is not working. Or am I wrong? What a pity, what a desaster. A sad day for the band, it really hurts.
Dmitry finally: That's the way life is, I know how it feels. You are investing time and money and then it's made for the wastebox... A little bit later another guy comes with the same idea and it works. I know this very well. If you feel cry because of this: You had this idea earlier... mexican

#92392 - Thu, 17 Jul 2008 05:47:00 Re: Unreleased Live Aid DVD One
Chooch Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Cymru
I went to Live Aid and what really disapoints me is the sound quality that came over on the tv and the recent dvd release...there doesn't seem to be any bass on the recordings ( my lasting memory of the day was when U2's roadies where setting up the drums and the power off the bass drum was like someone hitting you in the chest).

#92393 - Mon, 11 Aug 2008 21:16:00 Re: Unreleased Live Aid DVD One
Dmitry Offline

Loc: Moscow, Russia
consider buying a new subwoofer shock