Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#91927 - Tue, 28 Apr 2009 08:28:00 A welcome place
Tall Stranger Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: Leicestershire
After looking in at this forum for a while I've taken the plunge and finally joined. Seems to be a common thread among many people on here. I was lucky enough to have tickets bought for me to see the band on Friday evening at Hammersmith. It was incredible, far and away better than I ever imagined. The last time I saw them live was back at De Montfort Hall in Leicester back in 82' !!!

I was also surprised by the amount of support the band still have, truly incredible after all these years. Having followed them for 30 years now, nobody still gets near them.

I'd just like to add that they were superb on Friday, almost like they'd never been away and who cares if Billy's kit went down the man is still one of the finest musicians ever. Thanks guys for putting a smile on my face, it's not going to go away for a long time.

#91928 - Tue, 28 Apr 2009 17:31:00 Re: A welcome place
Flip Martian Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Here
Hello, glad you enjoyed it as much as everyone else seems to have done! laugh

#91929 - Tue, 28 Apr 2009 19:02:00 Re: A welcome place
davox Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: Germany
welcome Tall Stranger! Yes, Hammersmith was fab!!!

#91930 - Wed, 29 Apr 2009 07:25:00 Re: A welcome place
Tall Stranger Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: Leicestershire
Thanks for the replies,

I was surprised to see such a strong following for the band on this website and so many people who are discovering them even now. I had somebody with me who'd never seen them or even heard them before but was blown away by what they heard.

Credit must go I guess to the people who have set this site up so that people can share their thoughts etc.

I hope that was'nt the last we'll see of the band after this tour and it'd be great to see them on tv perfoming again. The guys had'nt changed that much, ok Midges hair and sideburns had gone and Billy was a little larger than the last time I saw him but god can they still play.

I think the other thing I have realsied is just how good they were and how strong the music was at that time. There was nobody near them who were trying the things they were. I went to a fashion show a few years ago and they were playing 'Alles Klar' as a backing track. I overheard a conversation by a well known artist who asked who's was the lastest single he could hear. When I told who/where/when etc he was stunned and could'nt believe it was over 25 years old !!

Thanks for the warm welcome and I'll keep looking in. Just dug the old vinyl collection out, happy days !

#91931 - Wed, 29 Apr 2009 20:58:00 Re: A welcome place
Black Shadow Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Bahamut Lagoon
Hello and welcome. laugh