Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#87503 - Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:46:00 Hello from Wisconsin!
Staci Offline
Pass level: Manager

Loc: Eau Claire, Wisconsin, USA
Hi! My hobbies are sewing, weaving, and home improvement. My passions (obsessions?) are music and history. I'm a living historian-mostly American Civil War and Wisconsin Fur Trade. I look forward to getting to know you. Any word on a possible state-side concert? Thanks! Staci

#87504 - Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:58:00 Re: Hello from Wisconsin!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Staci - welcome to EV. I hope you have a lot of fun exploring the site and forum, and meeting new people here.

smile

Regards,

Paul

#87505 - Thu, 29 Oct 2009 20:15:00 Re: Hello from Wisconsin!
Flip Martian Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Here
Hellooo! Welcome. Enjoy!

#87506 - Thu, 29 Oct 2009 20:41:00 Re: Hello from Wisconsin!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello Staci welcome

#87507 - Sun, 01 Nov 2009 00:35:00 Re: Hello from Wisconsin!
Your Shadow Offline

Loc: Liverpool
Hi Staci,

A very warm welcome!

Andy

#87508 - Mon, 09 Nov 2009 05:33:00 Re: Hello from Wisconsin!
Annis Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: Leeds
Hello Staci and welcome. welcome

#87509 - Mon, 09 Nov 2009 07:59:00 Re: Hello from Wisconsin!
Pater Noster Offline

Loc: London
Hi Staci, You've already made your mark here and seem fun. Just wanna say we also have something in common as I dress up as a oman soldier for schools, museums, exhibitions etc. lol

#87510 - Mon, 09 Nov 2009 19:51:00 Re: Hello from Wisconsin!
Staci Offline

Too Cool! What do you carry for accoutrements? Do you have a first-oerson impression? What sort of garb do you wear? I just have Trop Petite for The Trade, but I have 7 or 8 American Civil War characters, depending on the situation. Staci
P.S. Very belated thanks to your government for not aiding the Confederacy in 1863-if England had helped, the outcome would have been vastly different.
excited mexican

#87511 - Mon, 09 Nov 2009 20:16:00 Re: Hello from Wisconsin!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Pater Noster:
Hi Staci, You've already made your mark here and seem fun. Just wanna say we also have something in common as I dress up as a oman soldier for schools, museums, exhibitions etc. lol
Sorry for asking, but did you actually mean to say 'Roman', or did you mean this?...

Camouflage patterns of the Sultanate of Oman

Regards,

Paul

#87512 - Tue, 10 Nov 2009 00:00:00 Re: Hello from Wisconsin!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Hitchcock:
Quote:
Originally posted by Pater Noster:
[b] Hi Staci, You've already made your mark here and seem fun. Just wanna say we also have something in common as I dress up as a oman soldier for schools, museums, exhibitions etc. lol
Sorry for asking, but did you actually mean to say 'Roman', or did you mean this?...

Camouflage patterns of the Sultanate of Oman

Regards,

Paul [/b]
I had to double-read the "oman soldier". I'm assuming Grant did mean Roman & in his spare time he is a member of some kind of re-enactment group? confused2

#87513 - Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:38:00 Re: Hello from Wisconsin!
Pater Noster Offline

, yes, it's the Roman thing !

#87514 - Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:57:00 Re: Hello from Wisconsin!
Staci Offline

Okay, Pater Noster, now I feel silly asking about your garb. There are a few soldiers in the U.S. They show up quite often on the History channel. Anywhoo, way far out cool!Ave Imperi! Staci
cool

#87515 - Tue, 10 Nov 2009 22:28:00 Re: Hello from Wisconsin!
Pater Noster Offline

Staci,

Sorry, and my name is Grant, lol. Only have a net browser at home - that was the reason for my brevity. We are called Legio IX Hispana, there was a website but the matey who runs it gets into legal controversies; so it's down at present. Will tell more after this weekend's jaunt up to Lincolnshire - northern England. smile

My pal Guy runs it; no idea of the US connection, but he does go to Europe too so may be international.
Welcome to Legio IX Hispana.
Founded in 1994AD - year 2747 using the Roman calender.
Our goal is the reconstruction of a full strength Centuria comprised of Roman Soldiers all from the same club. You are welcome and encouraged to join us, to be part of that history making event!
Legio IX Hispana is currently organized into a number of Centuria:
Centuria I Hibernici (CA)
Centuria II Actiana (AZ, NM, CO)
Centuria III Pannoniana (TX)
Centuria IV Eburacensis (TN, VA, PA)
Centuria V Taraconnensis (WA, OR, AK)
For information about joining local groups please write to the Conquisitor Gaius Marius Trajanus, mpadilla@cox.net
For information about forming a new group please write to Centurio Hibernicus, Sean Richards, legioix@pacbell.net
LEGIO IX HISPANA, serving North America
Click here for information about Legio IX Hispana.
Winner of the Old Fort Mac Arthur Days "Esprit d'Corps Award" for pre-Colonial Impression, 2003, 2004 and 2006.
Hibernicus and the unit after receiving the award from event director Lou Lopez.
LEGIO IX HISPANA, serving North America.... Chapters locations: Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside, San Diego, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Washington, Northern California, Texas, Pennsylvania, Virgina, and the United Kingdom.
For a later period impression (circa 140AD) we recommend Legio VI Victrix P F http://www.legionsix.org/
RECOMMENDED READING
Commitment To Excellence:
If an army looks good and looks like it knows what it's doing, it has won half the fight. The enemy now has a doubt about himself, a hesitation. If an army is well disciplined, it can win over superior numbers, and if it is well skilled, it has already won. Fighting becomes a formality.