Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Topic Options
#86888 - Mon, 28 Jul 2008 04:25:00 'Words of Hope' & 'Synergy'
StrangerWithin Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: in exile
In case anyone is interested these are the two paintings that have meant listening to Midge & Ultravox seemingly every waking hour for past two or three weeks to get them completed in time for an Exhibition that starts tomorrow. Finally finished at 4.30 am today, relieved but shattered. Anyways, have a look and see whether you think it was worth the effort.......feedback positive, negative or indifferent welcome!

'WORDS OF HOPE

'SYNERGY'

#86889 - Mon, 28 Jul 2008 04:35:00 Re: 'Words of Hope' & 'Synergy'
H Offline

Loc: In a Darkroom somewhere in the...
Great stuff Jen. I especially like "Words of Hope"

Keep it up.

H

#86890 - Tue, 29 Jul 2008 03:59:00 Re: 'Words of Hope' & 'Synergy'
StrangerWithin Offline

Thanks H.....appreciated! Just got back from the official opening/ preview night.....really not me! Managed to avoid them before...interesting seeing other folks' work though and seeing who was drawn to my paintings.
I escaped early ......

#86891 - Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:45:00 Re: 'Words of Hope' & 'Synergy'
Havocman Offline

Loc: Moving westwards as soon as po...
Excellent stuff, Jen, especially "Words of Hope". On that subject, hope it was worth the very late night/early morning.

#86892 - Thu, 31 Jul 2008 04:24:00 Re: 'Words of Hope' & 'Synergy'
StrangerWithin Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Havocman:
Excellent stuff, Jen, especially "Words of Hope". On that subject, hope it was worth the very late night/early morning.
Thanks Pete......at the moment the jury is out on whether it's worth feeling so knackered still after several days of working silly hours....but if I make a sale then it will be!

#86893 - Sat, 08 Nov 2008 22:38:00 Re: 'Words of Hope' & 'Synergy'
H Offline

Hey, Jen!

I've been meaning to ask how your exhibition went.....

Did you get plenty of interest and any sales?

What are you working on at the moment?

H

#86894 - Sun, 09 Nov 2008 01:26:00 Re: 'Words of Hope' & 'Synergy'
StrangerWithin Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by H:
Hey, Jen!

I've been meaning to ask how your exhibition went.....

Did you get plenty of interest and any sales?

What are you working on at the moment?

H
Hi H,

Interest, very positive feedback but no sales unfortunately...... I'm a bit too 'off the wall' for the folk with money in their pockets who were going for still life and floral paintings....

Our house move disrupted things but despite the distractions on here I've managed to get new work started.One of them my daughter says is very 'pop art'......and lord knows what the lovely Mr Ure would think of what I'm doing with his profile lol! smile

Major break in that my Midge inspired paintings have caught the attention of a London Gallery and as an 'emerging artist' I have been invited to exhibit next February. Confirmed couple of weeks ago. I wasn't sure I was going to post anything on here.....but you've asked so.....
I'll post details of venue and dates nearer the time in case anyone is in the area and has 'time to kill'.

The aim is to get as much new work as I can done in next three months to have a wider choice for the London venue.....and naturally Midge's influence will be very evident! Big thank you to Midge.....my 'enabling influence'!

The first four months of 2009 are going to be quite something.....three acoustic gigs, my wee 'gig' and then the Ultravox gigs........ excited

Jenny

PS I assume its the increased activity on the site but I'm finding it almost impossible to use 'preview' at the moment before posting so I'm having to submit then edit.....sometimes several times! Not complaining btw ....good to see so many folk on here!

#86895 - Sun, 09 Nov 2008 05:37:00 Re: 'Words of Hope' & 'Synergy'
H Offline

Jen,

It sounds like things are going in the right direction, plenty of exposure too! Taste is a peculiar thing, and some people don't have any! Good luck with it all. Keep us all posted.

You are soooo right, I have never seen this place so busy. It's a fantastic and exciting time to be here.

All the best

H