Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Topic Options
#77110 - Sat, 11 Sep 2010 08:20:00 Big Country Return With U.K. Dates :
westham pete Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: dagenham / essex
Yes Thats Right folks BIG COUNTRY: 30TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR: JANUARY 2011:
here are the dates -
JAN 5: NEWCASTLE 02 ACADEMY:
6: LONDON ISLINGTON 02 ACADEMY:
7: BIRMINGHAM 02 ACADEMY:
8: LIVERPOOL 02 ACACEMY:
Tickets are 20.00 for all shows eccept London (22.50) Mike Peters of(The Alarm)is going to be doing the Lead vocals this time round folks, No disrespect to Stuart Adamson (GOD BLESS HIM)
Tickets go on sale Sat 11 September:
The New Line Consist of: Tony Butler - bass
Mark Brzezicki - drums
Mike Peters - Lead Vocals
Bruce Watson - guitar
Jamie Watson - guitar
im so glad they are deciding to do another tour folks, i hope theirs tracks from The Crossing & Steeltown . woohoo laugh mexican

#77111 - Sat, 11 Sep 2010 17:51:00 Re: Big Country Return With U.K. Dates :
H Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: In a Darkroom somewhere in the...
Oooh nice!

#77112 - Sun, 12 Sep 2010 03:05:00 Re: Big Country Return With U.K. Dates :
CONNY'S PIG Offline

Loc: Sunderland
An interesting one.

I went to see Big Country in 2007 at Legends, Newcastle and they weren't too bad. Obviously a big part of their sound was missing but they done the best they could with Tony on lead vocals. The poor bloke went flat on his arse during one song, much to the amusement of Mr Watson. biglaugh

Speaking of whom...here is a few photo's I took of Bruce and his son Jamie back in 2006 at The Arches, Glasgow. They were performing an encore with FOURGOODMEN and I remember Bruce asking me for a copy of this first photo...

'Between a father and a son'

Mr Watson & Mick MacNeil

Mr Watson's guitar

Finally, you can view a slideshow of my Big Country photographs at Legends in Newcastle, 2007. Click here

But yes, I'll be off to see them again next year.
smile

#77113 - Sun, 12 Sep 2010 07:24:00 Re: Big Country Return With U.K. Dates :
bigvern Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: The 'hill
Been a massive BC fan for 27 years, but won't be partaking in this tour, same as I didn't go to the previous tour without Stuart Adamson - BC without the main man is just a shadow ( pardon the pun !! ) of the band's former glory.
Okay, tour ,BUT don't call yourselves Big Country cos Big Country you certainly ain't !!
Its rather like Thin Lizzy touring without Phil Lynott - HOW can they call themselves Thin Lizzy - IT JUST ISN'T CRICKET !!

#77114 - Mon, 13 Sep 2010 08:45:00 Re: Big Country Return With U.K. Dates :
westham pete Offline

thanks a lot for the photos & info on your homepage conny, i also see some nice pictures of the isle of wight aswell, me & my wife & kids went on holiday there last year mate, we didn,t want to come back into the mainland again / as it was so nice out there, if only pigs will fly with a lottery win mate, i would move & stay out in the isle of wight . :rolleyes:

#77115 - Tue, 14 Sep 2010 06:15:00 Re: Big Country Return With U.K. Dates :
H Offline

Loc: In a Darkroom somewhere in the...
Ash, good pics, but I love the "Mr Watson's Guitar" ...what effect have you used to create it? laugh

#77116 - Tue, 14 Sep 2010 07:10:00 Re: Big Country Return With U.K. Dates :
CONNY'S PIG Offline

Loc: Sunderland
Quote:
Originally posted by H:
Ash, good pics, but I love the "Mr Watson's Guitar" ...what effect have you used to create it? laugh
Can't remember kidda to be honest as it was done back in 2006. I do remember finishing it off with a spatter frame though, which is the effect you see around each edge.

smile

#77117 - Wed, 15 Sep 2010 09:18:00 Re: Big Country Return With U.K. Dates :
westham pete Offline

i do hope they will play plenty of tracks from the Crossing & Steeltown folks ,absolutely love Porrohman, The Storm, Lost Patrol, Chance, Where The Rose Is Sown/Come Back To Me, & Just A Shadow + Look Away , the first 3/4 big country albums were brillant back in the 80s folks .

#77118 - Thu, 30 Sep 2010 19:13:00 Re: Big Country Return With U.K. Dates :
Pater Noster Offline

Loc: London
Quote:
Originally posted by westham pete:
thanks a lot for the photos & info on your homepage conny, i also see some nice pictures of the isle of wight aswell, me & my wife & kids went on holiday there last year mate, we didn,t want to come back into the mainland again / as it was so nice out there, if only pigs will fly with a lottery win mate, i would move & stay out in the isle of wight . :rolleyes:
West Ham Pete - hiya; another Hammers fan here - we're picking up eh?! lol wink Was gonna say I love the Isle Of Wight - been 3 times; childhood, young adult and early middle age. Mum's mate retired out there near Wootton - there were still Tesco jobs and the like at that time; but she's struggled a bit in recent years.

Getting to the point; yes, without Stu it isn't really Big Country, maybe they could be their own tribute act called Large Country or Obese Country?! wink :p Not taking the piss; Stu Adamson was awesome and am a Skids fan till I die. :p cool