Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Topic Options
#76025 - Thu, 03 Dec 2009 21:42:00 My band Greenhaus, gig Saturday 5th December at O2 Islington
Thin Wall Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Watford
Hi all,

As a new member here I hope it's ok to post a link to the band I play bass in. We are called 'Greenhaus' and play electronic/ live band hybrid style of music, not exactly a million miles away from Ultravox though we have a female singer.

We have a gig at London's O2 Islington Academy this Saturday (5th December), so if any EV members are interested in coming along you are all welcome! If you visit our websites you can see and hear what we're all about, and if you contact me I can put you on the reduced price guest list.

http://www.greenhaus.co.uk/

http://www.myspace.com/greenhausuk

Best Wishes,

Clark (aka Thin Wall)

#76026 - Fri, 04 Dec 2009 02:47:00 Re: My band Greenhaus, gig Saturday 5th December at O2 Islington
H Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: In a Darkroom somewhere in the...
Is this the same Greenhaus who supported John Foxx at Mean Fiddler on 15/9/01?

#76027 - Fri, 04 Dec 2009 03:44:00 Re: My band Greenhaus, gig Saturday 5th December at O2 Islington
Thin Wall Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by H:
Is this the same Greenhaus who supported John Foxx at Mean Fiddler on 15/9/01?
They may well have, though I didn't join the band until September 2004! Greenhaus also supported John Foxx at the Kings Cross Scala some time around October/ November 2003. They also supported Gary Numan at Shepherds Bush Empire before I joined. I think there's a history list of gigs on the website which shows where they've played and who with.

The band changed considerably after 2004 with only Steve Bellamy (the main songwriter) being left from the original line up. The band also moved into an electronica indie guitar direction before going back to more of an electronic hybrid band sound, which is what it is today. It now comprises of Steve on Keyboards/ Synths/ Guitars, P.J. on vocals, Clark on Bass and Warren on Drums. There's a few songs on Myspace that can be listened to, though I must add that we have a new album (possibly a double) of new material due to come out next year.

Anyway, I hope some of you can make the gig and once again, if you let me know you're coming I can put your name down on the reduced entry guest list :-)

All the best,

Clark (Thin Wall)

#76028 - Fri, 04 Dec 2009 07:14:00 Re: My band Greenhaus, gig Saturday 5th December at O2 Islington
H Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: In a Darkroom somewhere in the...
Yes, it was Greenhaus I saw at The Mean Fiddler. There was also a band called Manuskript, which was a poppier act. I much preferred the darker, heavier sound of Greenhaus at that show.

Just checked out your site (and very good it is too!) and recognised the early "More Life" track. I remember this one as it stood out for me in the Fiddler show as it used a sample of Rutger Hauer from Bladerunner.

I'm Midlands based, so won't be able to make it. If you are up in the area, I'd be keen to check you guys out.

All the best

H

#76029 - Mon, 07 Dec 2009 21:45:00 Re: My band Greenhaus, gig Saturday 5th December at O2 Islington
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by H:
Yes, it was Greenhaus I saw at The Mean Fiddler. There was also a band called Manuskript, which was a poppier act. I much preferred the darker, heavier sound of Greenhaus at that show.

H
It's just occured to me I may have seen Greenhaus or Manuskript back in the 90s. confused2 Did one or other support the Human League at I think the Astoria 2 & did they play a version of Hazel O'Connor's "Eighth Day"?

#76030 - Mon, 07 Dec 2009 21:47:00 Re: My band Greenhaus, gig Saturday 5th December at O2 Islington
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Snashy:
Quote:
Originally posted by H:
[b] Yes, it was Greenhaus I saw at The Mean Fiddler. There was also a band called Manuskript, which was a poppier act. I much preferred the darker, heavier sound of Greenhaus at that show.

H
It's just occured to me I may have seen Greenhaus or Manuskript back in the 90s. confused2 Did one or other support the Human League at I think the Astoria 2 & did they play a version of Hazel O'Connor's "Eighth Day"? [/b]
Just realised it can't have been Greenhaus I saw as the band I'm talking about had a male vocalist. Would be curious to know if it was Manuskript.

#76031 - Sat, 12 Dec 2009 06:05:00 Re: My band Greenhaus, gig Saturday 5th December at O2 Islington
Thin Wall Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Snashy:
It's just occured to me I may have seen Greenhaus or Manuskript back in the 90s. confused2 Did one or other support the Human League at I think the Astoria 2 & did they play a version of Hazel O'Connor's "Eighth Day"? [/QB]
Greenhaus didn't exist much before 1999, at least not in name. Steve Bellamy, the main member of Greenhaus was involved with many musical projects since the late 80's though. I would have loved to have supported the Human League - one of my favourite bands!

So it was probably Manuskript that you saw, and I think they are still going?

BTW, our gig as one of the support acts to the Crux Shadows last weekend at the Islington O2 went really well! We had new material and some new versions of existing songs so we were a bit concerned at how well it would go down. We got a good response from the audience, no bottles at least(!), so all seems to have gone well. The new album is being mastered as I speak and will be due for release early next year. I'll keep you all posted about it and also of any new gig dates coming up.

Cheers!