Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Topic Options
#75968 - Sun, 20 Feb 2011 20:12:00 The Voice on Soundcloud, Project Overseer and Soundclick
-The Voice- Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Lancashire, UK
Hi all

I'm hoping some of you will find a little spare time to have a listen to some of my music. I'm currently on three sites :-

The Voice on Soundcloud

The Voice on Soundclick

The Voice on Project Overseer

I started composing music with computer based software as far back as the mid 80's using simple 4 track recording software on the Commodore Amiga. Somewhere, buried under piles of rubbish, are a couple of C90 cassettes with my earliest work on them. Pretty damn awful as well :-)

About 7 years ago I started experimenting with FL Studio, and have gradually added to my collection of soft synths, and knowledge of how the software works. I'm fairly pleased with what I create now, but there's always more to learn.

I'm simply an amateur who enjoys playing with music software. My own, and friend's, personal favourites are 'Danse Macabre', 'Blur' and 'Penetration'. I also composed an Ultravox inspired track called 'Two Faces'.

My musical influences range from Ultravox, to Jean Michel Jarre, Depeche Mode, Kraftwerk, 90's dance stuff and 80's new romantic.

If you've got nothing else to do and fancy wasting a few minutes of your life, have a listen to some of my stuff and tell me what you think. I love positive critisism.

Best to all

Craig

#75969 - Tue, 22 Feb 2011 01:53:00 Re: The Voice on Soundcloud, Project Overseer and Soundclick
Smillsoid Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Wolverhampton
Very interesting stuff, matey! Nice textures a moods. I can hear the Jarre influence very strongly! I'd love to hear some strong melodies on top of such solid foundations.