Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Topic Options
#75900 - Fri, 05 Dec 2008 07:05:00 Spotty Dogg
Spotty Dogg Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: Inverness

Hi Fellow Uvox Fans,

Thought it would be nice to leave a link to our bands website. I play keys in Spotty Dogg and midge and the guys have been a heavy influence in my song writing and love of music. Though we don't sound as good as Ultravox (Who Can) im sure our music will appeal to many of you. Give us a listen and let us know your thoughts, you have nothing to loose

The Doggs

Spotty Dogg Official Website
Spotty Dogg Myspace

#75901 - Sat, 06 Dec 2008 23:46:00 Re: Spotty Dogg
maryann Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: new york
Just visited your site. Sounding good, guys.

#75902 - Sun, 07 Dec 2008 00:04:00 Re: Spotty Dogg
Spotty Dogg Offline

Thanks Maryann for your comment, Means alot to us, just pass the link onto as many people as you can, for that we are most grateful.

The Doggs

#75903 - Fri, 12 Dec 2008 22:11:00 Re: Spotty Dogg
Sleepwalker Offline

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
Great stuff, let us know when your next down in Edinburgh & I'll pop along & say hello wink

#75904 - Mon, 02 Mar 2009 08:36:00 Re: Spotty Dogg
Spotty Dogg Offline

Hi Sleepwalker,

Sorry about the late reply, We have been putting all our time into writing our new album, We will be playing Whistle Binkies in Edinburgh on the 24th March. I will be going to the Ultravox gig in April at the playhouse too, so might see you at one of those venues.

Alan

THE DOGGS

#75905 - Wed, 04 Mar 2009 02:27:00 Re: Spotty Dogg
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've only just got round to listening to your music. I'm always interested in hearing/seeing the work of fellow forum members, be it musical or pictorial.

Currently listening to "The Bard". Love it. Would be brilliant if it was used for a film soundtrack. Were real bagpipes played? confused2 I'm the semi-sassenach who thought real bagpipes were used on Big Country's "Fields Of Fire"!!! nutjob

Loving the 2nd track "The Cheater". Looking forward to hearing the rest. smile

#75906 - Wed, 04 Mar 2009 02:48:00 Re: Spotty Dogg
Anonymous
Unregistered

On the remaining tracks - I'll be totally honest. I'm not a big fan of rap music - most of it I hate - but it was a very small part in these songs. Overall, these songs get a very big thumbs up from me. Loved the Vera Lynn sample at the end of "V2". Look forward to hearing more in the future. smile smile smile smile smile

#75907 - Wed, 04 Mar 2009 06:10:00 Re: Spotty Dogg
Spotty Dogg Offline

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your comment bud. We are trying to put the bard forward to the film company "The Mob" who will be making the Robert Burns film this year, finding it hard to see who's in charge of the film score. Alex Salmond responded saying it was a good contender for the soundtrack, so will just keep pushing along. Yes Bagpipes where done with keys (Was just a rough demo) would love to do it will a full orchestra,Pipers,Drummers,Gaelic choir etc. If it gets chosen then im sure that's what will happen. As for the Rapping, not a keen listener of rap myself to be honest, small blasts of rap here and there are not to over powering. Lets Go To War V2 had to throw the old vera lynne at the end to give it that vintage feel, There is another version of this track on the site,

Checkout our track "Juno" if you get a chance, Classical/Rock/Dance all in one (Basically 3 unfinished tunes i had lying around that i thought would work nicely together.

Speak Soon

Alan

THE DOGGS

#75908 - Wed, 04 Mar 2009 18:42:00 Re: Spotty Dogg
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Alan

Bearing in mind the subject matter of V2 using a Vera Lynn sample was a brilliant way to highlight such a poignant song. I'll definitely have a listen to any further threads you post (hint, hint!!!). wink

#75909 - Wed, 04 Mar 2009 19:12:00 Re: Spotty Dogg
Spotty Dogg Offline

Hi Ian,

I have enclosed a link to our track "Juno" This was a quick recording while jamming live (So quality aint great)Visit the link below and on the right side of the page you will see a few Free downloads "Juno" is amongst them. Let me know your thoughts,

Download

Alan

THE DOGGS

#75910 - Wed, 04 Mar 2009 19:21:00 Re: Spotty Dogg
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Alan

I just tried to listen to Juno via the link you gave - got a message "File not found. The file you requested does not exist. It may have been deleted or the URL is incorrect".

Can you help?

Ta muchly. smile

#75911 - Wed, 04 Mar 2009 19:23:00 Re: Spotty Dogg
Anonymous
Unregistered

Same thing happened when I tried to download The Bard using this link.

#75912 - Wed, 04 Mar 2009 19:33:00 Re: Spotty Dogg
Anonymous
Unregistered

Me again.

There aren't many songs that have an impact on me the first time of listening but The Bard really has.

I can imagine Stuart Adamson R.I.P. singing it live during a Big Country gig!!! It does remind me of some of the stuff they used to play live yet I see they are not listed as one of your influences.

#75913 - Wed, 04 Mar 2009 21:32:00 Re: Spotty Dogg
StrangerWithin Offline

Loc: in exile
Hi Spotty Dogg
I've finally listened to ' 'The Bard' and really,really like it! Its been on replay for past 20 minutes or so....and making me homesick for Scotland again! Brilliant music!
I've liked what I've previously heard of your other music but 'The Bard'.......its outstanding!

I was hoping to see the band 'live' when we lived in Inverness but not much chance now unfortunately.....unless you are doing Retrofest this year!?

#75914 - Wed, 04 Mar 2009 21:33:00 Re: Spotty Dogg
Spotty Dogg Offline

Hi Ian,

Just checked the link (Seems to be working fine) in both IE & FF, email me your email addy to spottydogg1@yahoo.co.uk and i will send you the file if your still having problems, Try Firefox if you haven't already, faster browser experience than ie and more secure.

The first time i really listened to Big Country was not until Midge worked with mark, I'm sure Stuart would have given "The Bard" its own flame. Always thought Big country never got the credit they deserved likewise midge.

I love so many different types of music it was hard to list them all on our site so i listed my immediate influences though big county are in there too amongst others.

Let me know how you get on

Alan

#75915 - Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:39:00 Re: Spotty Dogg
Spotty Dogg Offline

Hi Jen,

thanks for your comment on the bard, Means alot to us, We are currently working on our 3rd album so the live scene is a bit dead at the moment (Recession isn't helping much either) a lot of clubs simply haven't got the money to pay bands (Unless you want to play for beer lol)

We are planning in doing a UK tour again but need the small gigs to pay for the bigger gigs further afield, so its a catch 22 at the moment. A lot of the bigger festivals up here have snubbed us as we don't fit into the category of oasis 2 chord stuff. our music is very different from anything else anyone is doing up here (Which im thinking has to be a good thing) but has its obvious down falls, We will keep plodding along doing what we do best, and who knows, maybe we will have a door opened for us rather than slammed in our faces all the time.

Thanks again

Alan

THE DOGGS

#75916 - Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:41:00 Re: Spotty Dogg
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the e-mail address - I mailed you earlier.

#75917 - Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:43:00 Re: Spotty Dogg
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Spotty Dogg:

maybe we will have a door opened for us rather than slammed in our faces all the time.

Thanks again

Alan

THE DOGGS
Too late to campaign for you as support in April I guess!!! wink

#75918 - Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:57:00 Re: Spotty Dogg
Spotty Dogg Offline

Now that would be nice as well as a bit freaky, Midge saying right lads your on next (God has spoken ) lol

#75919 - Thu, 30 Apr 2009 06:55:00 Re: Spotty Dogg
Spotty Dogg Offline

Hanging From A Tree (New Track)

Hi Vox Fans,
Just a quick message to say Spotty Dogg have uploaded a Demo Sample of their new track "Hanging From A Tree" This version is a raw demo that will be re-recorded for the new album. The track can only be heard at our main website and is exclusive to website members.

If you would like to hear the track then please Register Free at www.spottydogg.com

#75920 - Mon, 15 Jun 2009 15:32:00 Re: Spotty Dogg
LaptopRockers Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
very nice choonz... smile

#75921 - Mon, 20 Dec 2010 05:46:00 Re: Spotty Dogg
Spotty Dogg Offline

Hi Folks, Just thought I would let you know the Doggs have put all their tracks to date onto reverb nation for FREE download.

So if you liked our tunes you can go grab them. Pass the link onto your friends.

Download them!
Burn them to cd!
Whatever tickles your fancy.

Free Spotty Dogg Tunes Download

Drop your feedback here on the tunes or contact us on Facebook facebook

Or add our music player on your facebook profile
http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/fb_share/spottydogg