Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#75809 - Mon, 11 Jan 2010 02:16:00 Lost Children of Electroland kids instruments STYLOPHONE
Garden of Surreal Dreams Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: London, UK
cool To all who may be interested,
At long last I have a pre-master version of a new track on Soundclick, so here's some details to whet your appetite.

'Lost Children of Electroland' uses only very cheap instruments normally associated with children, plus vocals (all laced liberally with effects of course). It's a simple little ditty and listening on headphones is probably best unless you have great computer monitors (which I don't by the way!).

In order of appearance, instruments used are:
two kids toy Xylophones (metal and plastic pull-along type with wheels), two old wooden school Tambourines (missing their skins), Electronic Percussion (from the tacky built-in rhythm machine of a tiny child's PortaSound), plastic toy Clarina (from Poland), Descant Recorder (standard school type but nice wood, not plastic), plus a Stylophone (yes, the very thing once made famous by the great Rolf Harris!).

Here's the usual linkage to the track which is at the top of my music page:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=662928

There's a new abstract image to go with it, which I've created from my own photography. You can see a larger version in the slide-show on my member profile page, so here's a direct link to that if you're too lazy to navigate on Soundclick (scroll down to catch the rolling images, or press 'play again' once finished):
http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=Sonic%20Dreamer

Thanks for reading and feel free to expose yourself by saying a few words about my latest offering, if you want to that is.

I hope you enjoy this in one way or another, as it's had a rather overdrawn conception, to say the least !!!.
Garden wink

#75810 - Mon, 11 Jan 2010 03:09:00 Re: Lost Children of Electroland kids instruments STYLOPHONE
StrangerWithin Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: in exile
Different,interesting 'trip'...I liked it enough to play it again with incense burning and candlelight to get the full ambience. Love the artwork.

#75811 - Sat, 16 Jan 2010 03:53:00 Re: Lost Children of Electroland kids instruments STYLOPHONE
Garden of Surreal Dreams Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: London, UK
Thanks for checking it out Amethyst.
I haven't done the incense and candle light thing with this one myself yet, so I'll have to get around to that soon.

Thanks for the feedback,
Garden smile