Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#75548 - Wed, 17 Nov 2004 07:47:00 The "original" effect of competition
Sly Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Warsaw - somewhere in Poland ;...
Hi everybody!!!
My idea has been a "result" of Covers Competition and listening of Original Submissions (the second part of Competition). The other reason is I heard very interesting oryginal works in Ultravox style. So I want to say "why we can't do more". If these four men have no reason to do new songs wink we can do it just for fun, just for music. It's a pity we can't have a CD with cover tracks. But we can have CD with Neo-Uv tracks with music which most sounds like something Ultravox could've/should've written and recorded, but didn't. smile

Please write down what would you like to hear in this project. Would like to have such CD or maby not?
What would be the best name for this project? (Neovox, Reunion Project..... )
Who can make Cd-covers? - of course in Ultravox style.
Cerise, are you interested in it:)
Finish before March 2005.
Sly

#75549 - Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:30:00 Re: The "original" effect of competition
Anonymous
Unregistered

Count us in!
At the moment we (Stealth) are working on 3 brand new teracks, so mayby one of them is good enogh for this project...

All the best
Ole

#75550 - Thu, 18 Nov 2004 05:32:00 Re: The "original" effect of competition
tollbooth Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: doncaster
hi sly

i know i made this offer on the other thread, but just thought i'd reiterate it here, as this 'origi-vox' should be less problemmatical from a legal and copyright point of view - i'm still up for compiling, and mastering the cd if it's needed.

folk would just need to send me a cd of the raw mix, (ie no mastering compression or most importantly, dithering!) wav, aiff or even SD2 would be fine. no mp3s!

i'd also need title, writer and copyright info and a release form to give permission to compile the song into the album.

as the competition is effectively past its closing deadline, we could do this reasonably soon i guess, though i know Ole for one has some unfinished tracks, as do a couple of other folk i think.

keep me posted.

paul d

anyone wanting more info on me: www.tollboothmusic.com

#75551 - Tue, 23 Nov 2004 06:48:00 Re: The "original" effect of competition
Sly Offline

Hi all,
hey tollbooth I'm very happy that you want to help me in this project. I'm working with some new tracks (new solo CD smile ). My "fan-friends" are waiting for it. Of course I am going to realase those songs very close Ultravox style. I will choose some songs (3 or 4) to our "Neo-vox" project. At this moment I can't say, what are the titles, they have only temporary names. I'm going to finish them this year.

I believe Nils is also making some new "Neo-tracks". Hm?????? smile

Where are you comeptition folks are you sleeping banghead

ehm of course we will do it with Stealth toegether if nobody....

See ya
Sly

#75552 - Wed, 24 Nov 2004 05:07:00 Re: The "original" effect of competition
Nils Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Bremen, Germany
Sounds great! But I don't know how much time I'll have for that in future.

Paul, I think You're the right one to do the mix! Thanks!!

#75553 - Tue, 07 Dec 2004 07:39:00 Re: The "original" effect of competition
Sly Offline

Hi Ole and the rest I'm workin with some new pieces. I am sure that 4 or 5 are in "Neo-vox" style. What about those Stealth' 3 songs Ole ?

#75554 - Tue, 07 Dec 2004 15:57:00 Re: The "original" effect of competition
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Sly

We´re still working on 3 new tracks. Basic tracks are recorded, but still needs that final touch...
I let you know once we´re finished!

All the best
Ole

#75555 - Sun, 12 Dec 2004 07:15:00 Re: The "original" effect of competition
Sly Offline

of course We Will wait, and I'm still wth new pieces, today i'm calling to dr.Tasak to make one guitar as violine on his e-bow !!!

#75556 - Sun, 19 Dec 2004 20:44:00 Re: The "original" effect of competition
tollbooth Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: doncaster
you see

ebow - now you are talking my language!!!!

happy to hear tales of other users.

i just installed some nice new mastering software by the way guys, including some creamy smooth new mastering EQs so when everyone is ready, i'm still happy to do that compiling and mastering thingy!

why is it christmas brings out the surreal as much as the kitsch? i'm just watching a prog as i type with a couple of songs, here are the titles...

"grandma got run over by a reindeer last christmas"
and
"grandma's gona sue the pants off santa"

how did midge and the boys ever expect to take the music industry by storm without titles like these?

beyond me.

;-)

tata

paul d

#75557 - Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:34:00 Re: The "original" effect of competition
LaptopRockers Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Sly:
Hi everybody!!!
My idea has been a "result" of Covers Competition and listening of Original Submissions (the second part of Competition). The other reason is I heard very interesting oryginal works in Ultravox style. So I want to say "why we can't do more". If these four men have no reason to do new songs wink we can do it just for fun, just for music. It's a pity we can't have a CD with cover tracks. But we can have CD with Neo-Uv tracks with music which most sounds like something Ultravox could've/should've written and recorded, but didn't. smile

Please write down what would you like to hear in this project. Would like to have such CD or maby not?
What would be the best name for this project? (Neovox, Reunion Project..... )
Who can make Cd-covers? - of course in Ultravox style.
Cerise, are you interested in it:)
Finish before March 2005.
Sly
Count me in too. I have a couple of tracks which I'd be happy to donate to the cause.
There are samples over on the Infection Music Web site under the T-Bass section for anyone interested.

David
http://www.infectionmusic.co.uk

#75558 - Thu, 30 Dec 2004 08:37:00 Re: The "original" effect of competition
Sly Offline

Hey David - of course we have been waiting for you. I'm working with new songs but I have my work, family, so I know it's very slowly. But The Neovox Project is still open, I believe next month I will show you my work.

All the best Neovox Men, Wish you Happy New Year!!!