Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#75090 - Sun, 31 Jul 2005 18:54:00 a song by monument ... for ari ...
Mr. Weirdo Offline
Congratulations on your 1,000th post!

Loc: land of the lost souls ...
hey guys ! smile

as u probably all know , i'll do a special tribute show in memory of our good fellow ari on the 21st of aug. @ 6 p.m. cet ( more info @ http://www.Ultravox.org.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=31;t=000030 ) , where i also like to play a song by MONUMENT ... & i suppose that u could tell me , what ari's favorite was , as he saw u in concert !?

so far i've chosen "one small day" , because i find it very appropriate ... somehow , but if u think that another song fits better , please let me know , okay !?

oh ... btw : it shouldn't be "visions in blue" , as i like to play ultravox' original version instead !!!

anyway ... thanx a lot in advance for your suggestions , fellows !!! smile

#75091 - Thu, 04 Aug 2005 01:41:00 Re: a song by monument ... for ari ...
Mike_L Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Greenock, Scotland
Sorry, Olaf, just noticed this.... smile

I would have to say that for me it would be Ari's recorded version of "We Stand Alone" from our gig in Greenock. I'm afraid the sound quality is not great as Ari recorded it on his Minidisc player, but, to me, it would be suitable for 3 reasons...
1. It was the first piece of our music that Ari did any work with and the first song he sent to us...
2. The reason he sent this one first is that it was one of his favourites...
3. When we were setting up to play in Edinburgh (where we first met Ari), I was sound checking the guitar using the opening chords of 'We Stand Alone' and Ari came over to ask me to show him how I was playing those chords. I gave him a shot of one of my guitars and, although he was fairly drunk at the time, he played it well... laugh

#75092 - Fri, 05 Aug 2005 23:23:00 Re: a song by monument ... for ari ...
Mr. Weirdo Offline
Congratulations on your 1,000th post!

Loc: land of the lost souls ...
thanx a lot for the info , dear mike !!! smile

i'll play that live version of "we stand alone" then !!!