Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#74956 - Sat, 22 Jan 2005 10:03:00 Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Danny Mitchell Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Glasgow
Thanks guys, for a great gig. I enjoyed it immensely.

Harking back to the concerts we played with the band; in terms of tightness and vibe (that mysterious quality) you were, all, right up there. There were only two things missing as far as I'm concerned, and I don't mean us (Messengers), Tommy covered that area nicely; 1- a whiteout floodlight on the end of Vienna(which was superb!) and, 2- the drum extravaganza to round things off. Sucker punches I know, but they work a treat with us punters.

Ultravox's cannon is not the easiest of material to attempt, but you did it justice in all departments.

Thanks again, and looking forward to the next one(after Greenock, that is).

P.S. It was very nice to see, Martin,Carol,E.G.Ekin,Pip and Sonja, sorry I had to bail out and catch the train.

#74957 - Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:17:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Si_W Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: UK
Well I did my best to convince Sleepy to beatbox the drum extravaganza but not enough it seems... wink laugh

#74958 - Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:35:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Nils Offline

Loc: Bremen, Germany
Wow, can't wait to see the photos!! Did anyone record the gig (or does anyone record today's gig) on MD or HD?

#74959 - Sat, 22 Jan 2005 23:17:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
leggylady Offline

Loc: Edinburgh, UK
Nils, as far as I know Ari recorded onto MD!

Glad it all went so well (knew it would!)

Ari, Paul.... great meeting you both! Let me know you got home ok!?

Don, Mike.... always a pleasure! laugh

Hx

#74960 - Sun, 23 Jan 2005 04:31:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Martin_S Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: Greenock, Scotland
Hi folks

I can only concur with all that Danny has said above.

It was a great gig, a huge improvement over the 1st (Gourock) outing in all departments - and I was pretty impressed with that one! Thanks, guys.

As I write, the Greenock gig is due to kick off in just under 2 hours and I can't wait to do it all over again.

E.G. and Pip - it was nice to meet and talk with you.

Danny - a pleasure as always. Hope to see Colin next time.

Cheers
Martin

#74961 - Sun, 23 Jan 2005 16:24:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Cerise Offline

Loc: Bristol, UK
Congratulations, guys! Sounds like it's going brilliantly!! laugh

Send any photos, recordings etc on over when you get back - we'll get it up in the Media Archive for everyone to see and hear (Sleepy, please tell me you looked up for the camera now and again this time! wink ).

#74962 - Sun, 23 Jan 2005 23:31:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Sleepwalker Offline

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
We're all bloody knackered!!!

We all really loved it, one of the best weekends of me life that's for sure!

I for one was really very nervous, not having played in front of any kind of crowd for nearly fifteen years! You would think i had some sort of nervous disorder!

The Citrus gig was a total blast, couldnt hear me kybds half the time along with ML's vox, but i started to get into it a wee bit better after 4 or 5 numbers.

We'd like to thank the following peeps for making an extra special effort in coming to see us.

Ari Leppa...what a man he is, an absolute gem & such a talented photographer, cant wait to see the pictures matey wink

Roy Gwinn & Co...As usual great stuff, cheers pal wink

Paul Chaplow...Your a star pal & thanks for the Jack wink

Paul & Pip...Great meeting you's guys at long last! Cambridge is a goer as far as we're concerned, keep in touch, cheers guys wink

Daniel Mitchell...Thanks for your encouragement & inspiration & we're dead chuffed ye enjoyed yersel pal wink & NO we're supportin' you ok biglaugh

The Monucrew fae sunny Glezga / Greenock...Martin, Stevie, Ade & Co...as always thanks for your support wink

Global Citizen...Richey & Co absolutley cracking stuff enjoyed the sets, my kinda stuff, your turn to put up with us now on your home patch dan in lundun mate...ow-rite!

Chris! You cannae half drink son! eek

All at Cult promotions Brian, Alan, Emma...thanks for making us welcome & looking after us on friday.

White 52...Here Tom...Calm doooon eh!!

All our families, mates etc cheers

Pics & some tracks that were recorded will be up here shortly...(Hopefully!)

#74963 - Mon, 24 Jan 2005 00:09:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Chappie Offline
Congratulations on your 1,000th post!

Loc: Nah, Luton Airport
A top gig for sure - I couldn't believe it was only the second official outing! Mike, Davy, Tom and especially Don - Thanks for a great weekend the hospitality was outstanding and it was great to meet you all. Sorry I missed the gig Saturday but had already made other plans. Until next time for sure.

Great to meet (or almost meet) Ari, Helen & Sam. Hope to see you all again soon.

Don - you're more than welcome to the Jack - try and sip it slowly eh?
lmao lmao lmao

#74964 - Mon, 24 Jan 2005 01:33:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Dadge Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: Birmingham, England
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Chaplow:
A top gig for sure
Now I'm really looking forward to you crossing the wall banghead and giving us Sassenachs a gig! Near here the Robin 2 in Bilston is well-known as a popular tribute-band venue.

Congratulations and all the best,
Adrian

#74965 - Mon, 24 Jan 2005 01:36:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Anonymous
Unregistered

What a great night!!!...

I won't even try to thank you all (and there really were quite a lot of you) for looking after us, but we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The music, the interpretation, the vibe of the night and everything for the rest of the weekend in Edinburgh was just very special.

Look forward to seeing you all (perhaps even down south [but Oxford rather than Cambridge though Sleepy wink ]) very soon.

All the best,

EG
x

#74966 - Mon, 24 Jan 2005 02:16:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Dex Offline
Pass level: Manager

Loc: Edinburgh
Bloody fantastic!! What more can you say! They don't get any better than that! have left another posting elsewhere about the Citrus gig. smile Great to meet Ari,Mike,Don and Davie! Shall definitely let you know when I'll be through to the cathouse in Glasgow Davie! Don,hope you caught my reply in the other posting! But you're on for a few beers mate!

#74967 - Mon, 24 Jan 2005 04:41:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
ari Offline

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Just got home (in one piece)! Very tired, but have to say my trip to Edinburgh was absolutely treasure.
Never saw ultravox live but now I saw two cracking gigs and what I got - it was worth of every penny!! Thanks, guys! It was very nice to meet you all.

It was nice to drive with you Don through scottish landscape listening Ultravox and Blue Nile. As I said Blue Nile fitted perfectly for the moment we were driving to Greenock at sunset. I will remember the moment...

I have some cracking photos (350!!!), and yes even Don is looking camera this time. And I taped both gigs. Most of it confused In Citrus, soundengineer told me that heŽll turn the recording on. He didnŽt. So I lost few tracks. Citrus (most of it wink ) I taped from the mixing desk, in Greenock I used microphone and got everything.
Even though it is recorded with microphone it is also very enjoyable to listen. Just listened it all through while flying back to Finland and I loved it - again wink

Global Citizen was very interesting too. Very. I liked them as well.

Give me few days, and youŽll get SOUND AND VISION!!! Okey?

zzzzz ari

#74968 - Mon, 24 Jan 2005 04:54:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Chappie Offline

Ari, glad you made it home OK and hope all is well. Looking forward to the pictures and music, hopefully you can get Cerise to put it on the forum so I can download it from Jordan! Great to have met you, keep in touch. Paul. laugh

#74969 - Mon, 24 Jan 2005 05:30:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Flip Martian Offline

Loc: Here
Great stuff! I'll look forward to the pics and audio. laugh Congrats guys - glad it sounds like you're coming darn sarf a bit in the future...

#74970 - Mon, 24 Jan 2005 06:29:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Cerise Offline

Excellent, thanks Ari - you're a star! We'll get 'em up in the archive as soon as you send 'em over. laugh

Don, Mike, Davy - presumably you'd like to vet pics before they go up..?

#74971 - Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:54:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Davy B Offline

Hi Everyone, Thanks to everyone who has posted their kind comments and good wishes. I can assure you all we has as good a time as you did (even though we had to play catch up in the beer department after we finished). The effort made by everyone who attended was appreciated greatly and i hope that your effort was rewarded with what you expected from us.

Cerise I can't comment for the rest of the guys (especially Sleepy) but i am happy for you to post any pictures of me here.

Ari/Paul It was a pleasure guys, lets hope we can hook up again sometime.

Well, back to work for now, see you soon,

Davy

#74972 - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 00:25:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Mike_L Offline

Folks,
thanks to all who turned up, it was a blast...especially Ari and Paul for making the international effort. laugh A pleasure to meet you both and, indeed everyone else...
Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as we did and I for one look forward to getting out and doing it again.

Danny, thanks for your kind words and encouragement both here and on the night...

Cerise, post whatever you wish m'dear...I'm desperate to see what Ari's pictures look like. My wife took some pictures, but Don was looking down, Davy was looking (Chris) cross and I looked like Albert Steptoe (when I wasn't sucking my bottom lip)...AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRROLD!!!! laugh

Oh, and we also recorded Friday night's sound in total...I have a recording which mixes the desk sound with two condenser mikes picking up the ambient sound (ie Front Of House sound)...The quality is good (in fact so good I didn't realise I'd made so many mistakes... laugh ). I'm fairly busy this week, but I'll try to break it down into manageable chunks and maybe post some stuff on the site...

...and for those who missed my sideways dancing - here's a taster -> excited

#74973 - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 01:14:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Sleepwalker Offline

Aye...We'll need ye tae calm dooon, ma wee nord nearly landed in oor Danny's lap wi the way ye were swinging that guitar o yers!!! eek

#74974 - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 01:24:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
pip Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: oxford
a quick note to add my thanks for a fantastic gig and it was great to meet everyone :-) but sorry there were still loads of people we didn't get to meet - well not while I was still able to focus, anyway... Don: I will be in touch about the Oxford prospect asap!
pip
xxx

#74975 - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 07:19:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Laser Offline

Loc: east kilbride
Excellent gig, lots of improvement on the already very impressive first gig!

Really came togather very nicely, thoroughly enjoyable!
Lots of lovely phat burbley analogue synths, as good as it gets! laugh laugh

#74976 - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:01:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
ari Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerise:
Don, Mike, Davy - presumably you'd like to vet pics before they go up..?
No way laugh You just have to trust me... wink

Mike L , yaeh I heard you taped Citrus gig too. Good, then IŽll consentrate only Greenock one.

But when I send Cerise some photos (propably tomorrow, oops today, itŽs already 3 am zzzzz ), IŽll include few tracks from citrus as well. To make complete "attact". I mean you can watch images with autentic sound then. Is that ok?

Cheers, ari

#74977 - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:01:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Mike_L Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ari:
Is that ok?
Yup....

I'll send a couple from the Citrus as well...

#74978 - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:14:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Sleepwalker Offline

Ach!...What the hell matey's, just about everyone on here has seen my ugly mug anyhow! lmao

Ari...remember to send those pics tp you know who ok wink , or your life will not be worth living! biglaugh

Looking forward to hearing the live recordings wink

#74979 - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:32:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Mike_L Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sleepwalker:
Looking forward to hearing the live recordings wink
Look in your inbox then....erm, with your ears....

Hurrah, 200 posts!

#74980 - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:19:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
sassy Offline

Loc: Scotland but fae Canada
You guys sounded great...davy just sent me the mp3's...well done guys wink

#74981 - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:09:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Chappie Offline

Mike, are you going to be putting these Mp3's in the media archive? If not, any chance of mailing some to me?? Cheers Paul.

#74982 - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:17:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Mike_L Offline

Quote:
Mike, are you going to be putting these Mp3's in the media archive? If not, any chance of mailing some to me?? Cheers Paul.
I've sent the three songs i've converted to MP3 to Cerise...
I can send them directly to you if you'd prefer..I dunno when Cerise will get the chance to upload them...

#74983 - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:33:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Chappie Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike_L:
Quote:
[b]Mike, are you going to be putting these Mp3's in the media archive? If not, any chance of mailing some to me?? Cheers Paul.
I've sent the three songs i've converted to MP3 to Cerise...
I can send them directly to you if you'd prefer..I dunno when Cerise will get the chance to upload them...[/b]
Mike, If you could send then to me please. excited excited

That would be great, thanks a lot. Paul

#74984 - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:49:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Mike_L Offline

sent...

#74985 - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:18:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
ari Offline

Mike L.....please sent those songs for me too, Please!

I am still at work. Just finished 38 cracking, exellent, beautiful, so ultravox -like photos. I made them enough small and will sent them to Cerise later today. I wish you all like them. I do.

And PLEASE folks - donŽt ask me to sent these images separately to everyone laugh , Žcause of huge work and cause youŽll end up choosing them/some (this means you "ultravox" - messengers), and itŽll continue forever and no-one will ever sees them ha Trust me.

When ever I have proper time, IŽll sent you, Monument, the same images as a very good laser copies A4 ( X 4). Plus CD which contains them in high-resolution. Patient.

Don....you canŽt believe what waited me home....refills for Reason inc. Nord Lead & Jp6000? (the one Global C. used) wink Amazing, we were just talking about them. Okey, they are just ones and zeros, but better than nothing....CanŽt beat the real HardWare thou wink

I already separated Greenock tracks. Gonna eq them a bit and clean some straches... (my MD wasnŽt woking properly or some noises came from somewhere - I can fortunately clean most of them!!!)
Have to say, you were more relaxed in Greenock and played even better than in Citrus - methinks, after I have listened my recordings few time. YouŽll hear the evidence....

Have to move on..... THE SONG WE GO!

Cheers, ari

P.S. Don, life is still going.... confused (you know what I mean) but fortunately boy is feeling much better... smile

#74986 - Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:30:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
sassy Offline

Loc: Scotland but fae Canada
Quote:
[b]Mike L.....please sent those songs for me too, Please!

I am still at work. Just finished 38 cracking, exellent, beautiful, so ultravox -like photos. I made them enough small and will sent them to Cerise later today. I wish you all like them. I do.
[/b]
Ari did you get my email hun...I think you know what I want lmao

#74987 - Wed, 26 Jan 2005 00:25:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Cerise Offline

The three Citrus Club tracks from Mike are now up in the Media Archive:

http://www.ultravox.org.uk/cgi-bin/Image...Live_recordings

All photos from Ari (or anyone else, for that matter!) will be posted in the Archive too, as soon as we receive them.

Sounds GREAT, guys!!! excited

#74988 - Wed, 26 Jan 2005 01:19:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Mike_L Offline

Quote:
(my MD wasnŽt woking properly or some noises came from somewhere
....that was me...singing.... confused
. excited

#74989 - Wed, 26 Jan 2005 04:54:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Cerise Offline

Ari's FANTASTIC photos are up! Need to add captions (in progress, bear with me) but they're all there. Enjoy! laugh

http://www.ultravox.org.uk/cgi-bin/ImageFolio31/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Monument_-_t he_Tribute

#74990 - Wed, 26 Jan 2005 07:17:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Cerise Offline

Captions all done. smile

#74991 - Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:27:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Flip Martian Offline

Only had a chance for a quick look this morning and a quick listen to Mine For Life.

Big thumbs up to both - look forward to a proper shufty tonight. Ari, Monument - well done. laugh

#74992 - Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:01:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Sleepwalker Offline

Thanks Flip! nervouslaugh

#74993 - Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:17:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Chappie Offline

Sleepy - check out Citrus 5 - you even look like you're enjoying youself lmao

#74994 - Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:25:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Martin_S Offline

Really, really good work, Ari!

Nice to meet you at the Greenock gig.

Cheers
Martin

#74995 - Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:45:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Nils Offline

As a modem user I have only listened to "Slow Motion" yet and looked at the smaller pics, but...

WOW!!! I can't wait to see and hear all the stuff. Will the other mp3s be online tomorrow evening? Because then I think I'll be able to download the files at a friend who has a fast connection.

The Slow Motion intro is absolutely superb. Don, You have created Your own "Billy"-sound on the Nordlead. I have never heard it sounding that way before (before I heard some of Your tracks), it's great!!!

Ari, Your pics really have something very special! I like the way You are working with shadows and lighting!

I saw the sheet with the playlist. First I wondered what "West and Alone" could be wink .

#74996 - Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:30:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Cerise Offline

Ari - I'm not sure, that's all Mike has sent me so far. But if someone wants to wing some more over, I'll put 'em up! laugh

#74997 - Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:34:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Mike_L Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerise:
Ari - I'm not sure, that's all Mike has sent me so far. But if someone wants to wing some more over, I'll put 'em up! laugh
I should get some time to transfer some more tonight....I'll send them tomorrow.
Ari, if you have any of the Greenock gig please don't hesitate to send them to Cerise or myself...
Oh, and your pictures are incredible...thanks, mate... wink

#74998 - Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:43:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Mike_L Offline

Davy, on Citrus 7...are you looking at my backside ? eek
On Citrus 14, there's a hint of Shrek there Davy boy....
On Greenock 21, what a reflection off the baldy spot Ari, must have taken ages to catch the right second. Cheers, mate... laugh
On Greenock 7, my best Rigsby impersonation, ever..with apologies to our overseas friends who probably won't get the reference...

#74999 - Thu, 27 Jan 2005 05:46:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Flip Martian Offline

I look forward to all the tracks becoming available - be ideal listening for me mp3 player on the way to work... laugh

Sleepy, why the - eek - icon dude?! I've only ever said nice things about Monument... kiss

wink laugh wink

#75000 - Thu, 27 Jan 2005 06:11:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Flip Martian Offline

Greenock 7 - you missed a golden opportunity there...get a white cat in for "Vienna"....

(Rigsby? Vienna? The cat? No?...damn, where's the coat rack...) wink

I love Citrus 1 - the synchronised face pulling and hand movements...classic. smile

Ok Greenock 16... who wrote John Fox with 1 X? Come on, own up... laugh

And finally (Esther)...can anyone confirm whether Don actually EVER looks up while he's playing? wink

#75001 - Thu, 27 Jan 2005 06:37:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Nils Offline

Hi, it's me again... .

Mike, do You have a new Strat or is that Your red one, maybe sprayed grey to fit into a certain stagedesign/lighting? I've heard that some guitarists do this wink .

I really hope to get the chance to meet You one day!

Greetings
Nils

#75002 - Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:32:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Davy B Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike_L:
Davy, on Citrus 7...are you looking at my backside ? eek
On Citrus 14, there's a hint of Shrek there Davy boy....
On Greenock 21, what a reflection off the baldy spot Ari, must have taken ages to catch the right second. Cheers, mate... laugh
On Greenock 7, my best Rigsby impersonation, ever..with apologies to our overseas friends who probably won't get the reference...
Yip, I can see Shrek in 14 mate, unfortunately!

on Citrus 1 it looks as if we are calling each other w*nk*rs and saying 'no, you are a winker......no, you are......"

Davy.

#75003 - Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:44:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Sleepwalker Offline

Couple o'Fannies mare like! biglaugh

#75004 - Thu, 27 Jan 2005 20:46:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Davy B Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sleepwalker:
Couple o'Fannies mare like! biglaugh
Couple o'Fannies, is that an Irish bar in Sauce land?

Davy.

#75005 - Thu, 27 Jan 2005 22:45:00 Re: Tribute to the Official Tribute Band
Mike_L Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nils:
Hi, it's me again... .

Mike, do You have a new Strat or is that Your red one, maybe sprayed grey to fit into a certain stagedesign/lighting? I've heard that some guitarists do this wink .

I really hope to get the chance to meet You one day!

Greetings
Nils
Nils, its a gold coloured 50th anniversary Strat which my wife very kindly bought me for Christmas... laugh

...and before anybody chips in - the Fender Stratocaster's 50th anniversary, not mine.... wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >