Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Topic Options
#73955 - Thu, 08 Jan 2009 09:08:00 NEW gig TBA soon!
Sleepwalker Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
Watch this space guys zzzzz y

#73956 - Thu, 08 Jan 2009 11:57:00 Re: NEW gig TBA soon!
Rodney Offline

Loc: Dunedin, New Zealand
Any chance of an informal gig squeezed in amongst the madness this April, Don? I always thought I'd get to be a one-man Monument mosh-pit one day ... nervouslaugh

#73957 - Fri, 09 Jan 2009 20:24:00 Re: NEW gig TBA soon!
Sleepwalker Offline

Well, you may just get your chance! shock
Keep yer eyes peeled in here mate, ye never know eh! cool

Rod...mine's a lager-tops thanks very much wink

#73958 - Sat, 10 Jan 2009 04:29:00 Re: NEW gig TBA soon!
Rodney Offline

Loc: Dunedin, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by Sleepwalker:
lager-tops
WTF? Tattooed man speak with forked-tongue ... what's 'lager-tops', Don ... your white man's medicine water of choice or some knew fashion statement?

Me and the Mrs. are flying into Edinburgh (I've got to be at that first gig), which is supposed to be Dunedin's sister city (not according to Billy Connolly, though ... Dunedin is Gaelic for Edinburgh), but upside down, of course.

Are they selling Speight's in Scotland yet? I know there's an ale house in London. I'd like to see Ash clean-up a curry and then wash it doon with a dozen pints. Then he'd know what it's like to spend the day on the porcelain megaphone.

#73959 - Sat, 10 Jan 2009 20:34:00 Re: NEW gig TBA soon!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Rodney:
Quote:
[b]lager-tops
WTF? Tattooed man speak with forked-tongue ... what's 'lager-tops', Don ... your white man's medicine water of choice or some knew fashion statement?
[/b]
Lager tops is lager with a lemonade top. Equivalent to a lime & lager. One up from a shandy which is half lager, half lemonade.

Us soft southern shite's were famous for it when I started hitting the pubs. You can also have a bitter top - ale with lemonade top.

Nowadays my downfall of choice is cider - preferably Strongbow, but even the "white" ciders that are 7.5% in volume. Not as many as I was having a couple of years ago though!!

#73960 - Sun, 11 Jan 2009 04:51:00 Re: NEW gig TBA soon!
Sleepwalker Offline

A perfect description me auld Bangers in Mashy! cool
Had a few last night, went out for a nice wee Chicken Pasanda with the war office...cracking! nutjob

Although the Scots are known to drink anything & everything! nutjob

Jack n'Coke, (just like the boss used to! wink )
I have been known to partake in a nice wee single malt from time to time wink

#73961 - Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:23:00 Re: NEW gig TBA soon!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
A perfect description me auld Bangers in Mashy! cool
wink
I've had some nicknames/name derivations in my time - that's a new one on me my snoozy buddy. smile

#73962 - Tue, 13 Jan 2009 02:01:00 Re: NEW gig TBA soon!
Anonymous
Unregistered

A neat southern comfort (double of course) is one of my luxuries, while awaiting a prawn vindaloo or king prawn jalfrezi from the Eastcote Tandoori.

#73963 - Tue, 13 Jan 2009 19:16:00 Re: NEW gig TBA soon!
Davy B Offline
Pass level: Manager

Loc: Greenock, Scotland
My drink of choice = a gallon of wine... then off to the pub for many beers..

D

#73964 - Tue, 13 Jan 2009 19:24:00 Re: NEW gig TBA soon!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Davy B:
My drink of choice = a gallon of wine... then off to the pub for many beers..

D
I've been known a glass or two of wine in a pub. I have no shame.

There's a well-known pub in Brighton called The Basketmakers. That used to sell a variety of fruit wines, strawberry, damson, raspberry etc. Seven of those after a beer or two, followed by fishcake & chips before catching the last train home - not a good idea. That was in my younger days of course. I am more refined now - he says starting to feel apprehensive about Voxgate!!!

#73965 - Tue, 13 Jan 2009 19:36:00 Re: NEW gig TBA soon!
CONNY'S PIG Offline

Loc: Sunderland
Fishcake And Chips eh Snashy smile
Ere kidda, with this here credit crunch gannin' on, that might be on the menu for me in April. Am parshel tirra Vindaloo me'sel, old son - followed by a few beers before retiring to yon hotel. Av gorra custom made 'Exhaust System' to speed up my return to the hotel. Ya see, efta a few beers one tends to slow down and stagger alang the road to the hotel ten blocks away. Out comes the 'Exhaust System' - a home made contraption that moulds around the seat of your pants and gets strapped at the front of yer waist. It has twin feeder pipes sticking out the back. It's made of aluminium but is lined to prevent first degree burns to the arse-cheeks - a sort of HEAT SHIELD if you wish. Then once the vindaloo vapour reaches 'Outlet Valve' of yer bum, it's off we go. A quick rally of 3 pumps and you're most definately off and running - laugh and back to the hotel within a matter of seconds. Mind you, I often get chased by the folks walking behind me when the 'Exhaust' hits full power, as it were.
A good laugh though, but not when it needs cleaning out of the odd vindaloo residue here and there. shocked

#73966 - Tue, 13 Jan 2009 20:13:00 Re: NEW gig TBA soon!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by CONNY'S PIG:
Fishcake And Chips eh Snashy smile
Ere kidda, with this here credit crunch gannin' on, that might be on the menu for me in April. Am parshel tirra Vindaloo me'sel, old son - followed by a few beers before retiring to yon hotel. Av gorra custom made 'Exhaust System' to speed up my return to the hotel. Ya see, efta a few beers one tends to slow down and stagger alang the road to the hotel ten blocks away. Out comes the 'Exhaust System' - a home made contraption that moulds around the seat of your pants and gets strapped at the front of yer waist. It has twin feeder pipes sticking out the back. It's made of aluminium but is lined to prevent first degree burns to the arse-cheeks - a sort of HEAT SHIELD if you wish. Then once the vindaloo vapour reaches 'Outlet Valve' of yer bum, it's off we go. A quick rally of 3 pumps and you're most definately off and running - laugh and back to the hotel within a matter of seconds. Mind you, I often get chased by the folks walking behind me when the 'Exhaust' hits full power, as it were.
A good laugh though, but not when it needs cleaning out of the odd vindaloo residue here and there. shocked
roflmao I like a vindaloo or jalfrezi takeaway myself. Get's embarassing next day when you have walked to the launderette after cleaning out the exhaust pipes. You then find there is still some excess & have to ask a local shopkeeper if you can use his bog or risk an explosion of the bum cheeks in yer haste to dash home!!

#73967 - Wed, 14 Jan 2009 07:09:00 Re: NEW gig TBA soon!
Mike C Offline

Loc: Blyth, Northumberland
roflmao roflmao

Ash - classic mate, haven't read a Curry tale in a long time. My missus has just asked me to laugh more quietly otherwise I'll wake the kids. smile

On topic - can't promise anything in these financially strapped times but I might make the next gig. smile

#73968 - Wed, 14 Jan 2009 07:29:00 Re: NEW gig TBA soon!
CONNY'S PIG Offline

Ey-up Mike!!! wink
Well, not a curry tale as such but there might be one on the way soon. Been invited to a 'Taster' night in South Shields - end o tha month. excited
There's a new Injun eaterie opening where the old After Dark neetclub used ti be. Two nights afore the grand opening is the taster-do. Yon Jalal wants feedback on his nosh to iron out any dodgy dishes when the doors open propa. He wants Conny's Pig there, wirran emty belly eek Free o charge anarl Mike, plus free cobra arl neet av heard. Well Jalal says 'Will you be attending Piggy' silly question eh. He says 'I thought you might have other commitments'

Aye, right Jalal. A said to him 'Eh...me...miss a neet of free Injun scran....YIV GOT MARE CHANCE O' KNITTIN' YOGHURT' laugh

So a curry tale could well be on the horizon. As for the new Monument gig. Aye, Mr Sleepsta has filled uz in owa the phone and this could be a defo for Piglet....not before time too.

See ya at the City Hall in April Mike...and ere...nee chuckin' popcorn arruz eh. wink

#73969 - Thu, 15 Jan 2009 01:22:00 Re: NEW gig TBA soon!
Sleepwalker Offline

Can anyone recommend a good Curry house in Oxford? excited

#73970 - Thu, 15 Jan 2009 02:14:00 Re: NEW gig TBA soon!
Chappie Offline
Congratulations on your 1,000th post!

Loc: Nah, Luton Airport
Quote:
Easy.... We just hold Piggie up in the air and let him lead us to it. smile

#73971 - Thu, 15 Jan 2009 08:32:00 Re: NEW gig TBA soon!
CONNY'S PIG Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Chappie:
Quote:
[b] Can anyone recommend a good Curry house in Oxford? excited
Easy.... We just hold Piggie up in the air and let him lead us to it. smile [/b]
You better believe it!!!
I can sniff out a decent curry house within a ten mile radius. My snout is ultra sensitive to the odour of Vindaloo that I have an addiction to.

Oxford - Beware! laugh

#73972 - Thu, 15 Jan 2009 18:14:00 Re: NEW gig TBA soon!
david L. Offline

Loc: oxfordshire
Quote:
Dont know about Oxford , but there are a couple of decent places in Witney - which just qualifies for the "10 mile radius" test

#73973 - Thu, 15 Jan 2009 18:22:00 Re: NEW gig TBA soon!
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's three of four excellent Indian restaurants in central Oxford chaps. And we'll talk soon about them for definite.

smile

#73974 - Fri, 16 Jan 2009 18:17:00 Re: NEW gig TBA soon!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Details of the next gig are now available here ...

smile

Regards,

Paul