Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#72574 - Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:57:00 Re: New gigs
LaptopRockers Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Connie,

Just a word about Penshaw. There is an electric supply up there - that's how they light the thing up. There are mains connections up there too but they're hidden from Joe Public. Look for the small door in one of the support pillars.

How do I know? Well, T-Bass asked if we could do a small gig and film a video on top of the Monument. Sunderland City council were less than helpful and, at times, downright antagonistic about the whole thing. So we let it drop and played in Newcastle instead.

Sunderland is so backward sometimes. frown

David

#72575 - Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:40:00 Re: New gigs
Mr. Weirdo Offline
Congratulations on your 1,000th post!

Loc: land of the lost souls ...
well ... as long as a tribute band is actually as good as the MONUMENT guys are , i really don't see anythin' that's wrong with it !!! wink

i would even pay to see them play !!! laugh

jus' go ahead guys & keep the sound of ultravox alive in the 21st century !!! smile

support where support is due , as i'm all for it ... anyway !!!

excited

#72576 - Fri, 10 Jun 2005 18:30:00 Re: New gigs
Lavaocean Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Barcelona
Excellent band these MONUMENT guys. And very funny, too.

Hopefully one day you get at least the money for your expenses refunded. It broke my heart to see you losing money, boys!

YOU ARE FANTASTIC and YOU KEEP THE SPIRIT ALIVE!

Thanks for that! smile

"UUUUUUUUUUUUULTRAVOX".... biglaugh

#72577 - Fri, 10 Jun 2005 19:37:00 Re: New gigs
Sleepwalker Offline

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
OSCar

A classic synthesizer, but not very reliable wink

#72578 - Sat, 11 Jun 2005 05:07:00 Re: New gigs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Chappie:
Quote:
Originally posted by OSCar:
[b]I think its so sad there are Tribute bands cashing in on classic bands that are no longer.
Get a life and try something Original or is that a hard thing to do????????????????
OSCar, have you seen Monument play or even heard them? They are 4 very talented musicans who have chosen to keep the spirit and sound of Ultravox alive and I, for one, am very glad they have.

As members of this forum we should be supporting (and applauding) them for their efforts.

Cheap shots like that do neither you nor this forum any justice.[/b]
It aint no cheap shot, Monument are good at covering Ultravox and are talented musicians, there are just so many cover bands. Ultravox were original and will always be Ultravox.

Apologies to all I may have offended.

#72579 - Sat, 11 Jun 2005 05:28:00 Re: New gigs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Davy B:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by OSCar:
[qb]I think its so sad there are Tribute bands cashing in on classic bands that are no longer.
Get a life and try something Original or is that a hard thing to do????????????????
Hi OSCar, If, as the post sounds, this is insinuated towards Monument, then let me give you my view on your comments. (if I may...).

I cannot speak for other tribute bands but, in the case of Monument we are no where near a position in which we would say we were "cashing in". In fact, on the contrary we run at a loss in every gig we play. We do this for fun, the love of the music and meeting some great people on the way. I can't ask for any more stimulation in music than that. Recently we took the show to Crewe, where we met some great people, we really enjoyed playing the music and they loved listening to the music and we had great fun talking about a band which most of us have loved for 25+ years. Whats sad about that?. Not a penny in profit, but who cares, we had fun. Maybe if you were to lighten up and concentrate on having fun yourself then things around you may be that little bit more enjoyable.

As for "Get a life and try something Original or is that a hard thing to do????????????????

Well.....yes, infact it is. I don't know if you are a musician or not, please let us know. I am probably speaking for all of us (Monument), but, in our leaner years we probably all had the enthusisam to get out there, writing our own stuff, recording demo's and sending them away, only to be led on by people and subsequently let down, time and again. That wasn't much fun, truth be told.

So here we are today, playing music we love, enjoying it and meeting folks via the internet that have travelled as far as Jordan, Helsinki and Barcelona to watch our "sad" wee band. On reading this rant, i'm sure the general public can single out who the 'saddo' is. We have no divine right to expect people to like what we do...... the decision is all yours but let us be, we enjoy it wink

Hi Davey B

Yes I am a musician, was very much influenced by Ultravox.
I do apologise for some of my comments made, I was talking about most cover bands. Have had a listen to your music, which sounds great, you are very talented musicians.

Me and my big mouth, I know most cover bands make lots of money did not realise you guys do it for fun and have had struggles financially.

Keep on playing
Long Live Monument

#72580 - Sat, 11 Jun 2005 05:34:00 Re: New gigs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Sleepwalker:
[b]OSCar

A classic synthesizer, but not very reliable wink [/b]
Well I have 2 Oscar synths and have had no trouble with them.

#72581 - Tue, 14 Jun 2005 01:31:00 Re: New gigs
Sleepwalker Offline

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
Your lucky, i hope your equally as lucky obtaining parts for them if / when something does go wrong! eek

I've got an ARP Oddy...lavly mate

Any chance of hearing some of your tracks? confused2

Regards...
zzzzz

#72582 - Thu, 16 Jun 2005 21:54:00 Re: New gigs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Sleepwalker:
Just to let you's guys know that we have HOPEFULLY got a week of gigs coming up sometime in june...watch this space wink

Regards...
zzzzz
Have you got any Edinburgh gigs planned in coming months????, would like to see you guys perform.

Cheers smile

#72583 - Sat, 18 Jun 2005 05:53:00 Re: New gigs
alles klar Offline

Loc: London
What's the latest on possible dates and locations guys ??

Cheers

AK

#72584 - Sat, 18 Jun 2005 19:26:00 Re: New gigs
Oesterreicher II Offline

Loc: Buxham St. Deirdre
I second the above question. I'm dead keen to see Monument do their thang and fully intend to purge my schedule of all intrusions to allow me to do it! Any outline ideas about tentative dates/locations? I realise this might be unanswerable just now and don't want to seem hastley (is thee such a word? How does anyone else spell it?), but I'm excited, dammit!

#72585 - Sun, 19 Jun 2005 01:26:00 Re: New gigs
Mrs. X Offline

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Oesterreicher II:
I realise this might be unanswerable just now and don't want to seem hastley (is thee such a word? How does anyone else spell it?), but I'm excited, dammit!
It would be "hasty," I think. wink

Mrs. X

#72586 - Sun, 19 Jun 2005 05:04:00 Re: New gigs
Oesterreicher II Offline

Loc: Buxham St. Deirdre
I was thinking more of "being in a state of hastling someone" - or maybe that's "hasseling", I'm never sure. So perhaps the word's "Hassely" instead. Since it probably doesn't exist, I should just let it pass quietly into some dusty and forgotten corner of my brain where it can amuse me for a while until my butterfly consciousness finds some other dead flower to alight upon.

#72587 - Sun, 19 Jun 2005 05:55:00 Re: New gigs
Mrs. X Offline

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Oesterreicher II:
I was thinking more of "being in a state of hastling someone" - or maybe that's "hasseling", I'm never sure. So perhaps the word's "Hassely" instead. Since it probably doesn't exist, I should just let it pass quietly into some dusty and forgotten corner of my brain where it can amuse me for a while until my butterfly consciousness finds some other dead flower to alight upon.
If this is the case, I'd use it in sort of a simile form. i.e. Something like, "I don't want to seem like I'm hassling." That sort of thing. (OK, that's not much of simile, is it. Back to the grammar thread I go!!) biglaugh

"Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Mrs. X

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2