Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Current Ultravox promotional banner, click here for exclusive bundles

Topic Options
#69096 - Mon, 09 May 2005 02:33:00 Miss Osbourne's One Word...
Macfadyan Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: s/e uk
Just heard and seen the vid to this.....is it me or is the song VERY like Fade To Grey? And the vid is all early eighties UV...

sorry if folk have mentioned this before, but my jaw dropped a little when this came on.....

#69097 - Mon, 09 May 2005 02:48:00 Re: Miss Osbourne's One Word...
WesternPromise Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Cheshire UK
Glad it wasnt just me that thought that, i rather like it and i cant stand Kelly Osbourne lol

#69098 - Mon, 09 May 2005 06:13:00 Re: Miss Osbourne's One Word...
Oesterreicher II Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Buxham St. Deirdre
I rather wish Ms. Osbourne's One Word had been "Goodbye".

#69099 - Mon, 09 May 2005 07:23:00 Re: Miss Osbourne's One Word...
Pater Noster Offline

Loc: London
i find Kelly quite attractive, but realise she isn't everyone's cup of tea. Grant
Quote:
Originally posted by Oesterreicher II:
I rather wish Ms. Osbourne's One Word had been "Goodbye".

#69100 - Mon, 09 May 2005 07:38:00 Re: Miss Osbourne's One Word...
leggylady Offline

Loc: Edinburgh, UK
Thought I'd keep the one convo all in the one place!....... Author Topic: One Word
leggylady

Member # 722

posted 16 April 2005 13:16
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it me, or has anybody noticed the obvious similarity between Kelly Osbourne's latest offering "One Word" and Fade to Grey?

John came home telling me "That Kelly Osbourne's done a cover version of that Visage song!, You never said anything!"...... as if I'm supposed to know everything remotely Midge/ Visage/ Ultravox related?!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 274 | From: Edinburgh, UK | Registered: Oct 2004 | IP: Logged

Nisky
Pass level: VIP
Member # 660

posted 18 April 2005 20:16
Yup, I've heard the Kelly Osbourne song, it seems to be almost a tribute to Visage - Fade To Grey. It sounds as though there's a bit of spoken French towards the end of the song. Crikey I quite like it as well. I assumed at first it was a new Ladytron single. I suppose the question is, Who's behind the music? 'cos I'd be interested to hear a little bit more.
Posts: 12 | From: East Yorkshire | Registered: Aug 2004 | IP: Logged

Numanoid
Pass level: Press
Member # 185

posted 23 April 2005 01:33
According to All Music Guide, it's written by Osbourne & Power Pack, whoever they are (probably one of those studio songwriting teams that sells their stuff to every questionably talented young "artist"). In all seriousness, Midge, Billy, & Chris Payne should seek some remuneration for this track. It is so obviously a "Fade To Grey" rip-off that it isn't funny, and probably not legal.
Posts: 57 | From: Chicago | Registered: Dec 2002 | IP: Logged

#69101 - Mon, 09 May 2005 21:54:00 Re: Miss Osbourne's One Word...
Mr. Weirdo Offline
Congratulations on your 1,000th post!

Loc: land of the lost souls ...
Quote:
Originally posted by leggylady:
Thought I'd keep the one convo all in the one place!.......
that's indeed a good idea & also very considerate of u , helen !!! smile
hopefully the rest of the bunch will appreciate your effort as much as i do !? *indeed_very_hopeful_look* ( ... & with all underscores in it !!! laugh )

to stay on topic : i must admit that i still haven't heard this "masterpiece" of "lil miss ozzy" by now !!! shocked

anyway ... c u ! smile

#69102 - Mon, 09 May 2005 22:03:00 Re: Miss Osbourne's One Word...
Sleepwalker Offline

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
Kelly Osbourne = Arsehole!

Spungin' lil rich kid who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth cussing
I was unfortunate to catch CD:UK yesterday while taking a well earned fag break from the mental illness i'd developed while watchin' me kids over the last day or so...she could'nae even read the feckin' cue card in front of her....doh!

AAAAARGH....my god am on one the day! cussing

Only my opinion wink

#69103 - Wed, 11 May 2005 01:33:00 Re: Miss Osbourne's One Word...
caz_dublin Offline
Pass level: Manager

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
It is a clear rip off of a class song! she even uses some of the same lyrics. I read on midge's guestbook that it isnt owned by them, its owned by the music publishers.

Its a travesty but it does point to one thing - it must be a good and influencial song if it is being sampled!!! wink

And it also points to a future of unoriginal music! If the 80's are now being sampled - what does the future hold for original music? They have to wreck good songs by sampling them!! mad

#69104 - Wed, 11 May 2005 05:53:00 Re: Miss Osbourne's One Word...
Si_W Offline

Loc: UK
It's not a clear rip off at all. I can't see any obvious FTG samples or lyrics in this song.

*edit* at a real push there is a similarity in the cadence of the verses, but it is a similarity rather than a blatant copy

#69105 - Tue, 17 May 2005 04:45:00 Re: Miss Osbourne's One Word...
Nige K. Offline

Loc: East Yorkshire
If anyone was watching The Jonathan Ross show on Friday 13th May, Kelly Osbourne acknowledged that the song 'One Word' did have the feel and sound of Visage, so well done to her for that at least.

#69106 - Tue, 17 May 2005 06:37:00 Re: Miss Osbourne's One Word...
Flip Martian Offline

Loc: Here
Quote:
Originally posted by Si_W:
It's not a clear rip off at all. I can't see any obvious FTG samples or lyrics in this song.

*edit* at a real push there is a similarity in the cadence of the verses, but it is a similarity rather than a blatant copy
You are kidding? I only heard it on the JR show last week but its obvious someone has taken FTG and basically rewritten it - almost like a pastiche version that French & Saunders might have done years ago (except not done for laughs).

There is NO way the writers of that song could claim that song was anything other than a copy of FTG - I'm amazed they had the imagination to change the words... I hope Currie/Ure/Payne are getting royalties...