Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#68640 - Sun, 08 Jun 2008 21:31:00 hits and ratings
leggylady Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Edinburgh, UK
Wow, I've just been looking at the covers entries again and I can't believe how many hits our entry has had.
I have a wee question re: the ratings though. I know that Cerise and Rob judge the competition but do the ratings people give have any bearing on the marks the judges give. The only reason I ask is that there are a couple of really really good entries that seem to have strangly low scores, less than 2!!! I personally think they should be higher rated than this and wonder if there's a tactical thing going on. confused2

#68641 - Sun, 08 Jun 2008 23:28:00 Re: hits and ratings
Rob Harris Offline

Loc: Ledbury, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by leggylady:
Wow, I've just been looking at the covers entries again and I can't believe how many hits our entry has had.
I have a wee question re: the ratings though. I know that Cerise and Rob judge the competition but do the ratings people give have any bearing on the marks the judges give. The only reason I ask is that there are a couple of really really good entries that seem to have strangly low scores, less than 2!!! I personally think they should be higher rated than this and wonder if there's a tactical thing going on. confused2
No, the 'ratings' have absolutely no bearing on how Cerise and I judge the competition - otherwise tactical voting could very easily skew the results.

Rob

#68642 - Sun, 08 Jun 2008 23:43:00 Re: hits and ratings
leggylady Offline

Loc: Edinburgh, UK
hi Rob, that's good, I'm glad to hear it and I thought as much, but just wasn't sure! wink smile