Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Topic Options
#68031 - Thu, 19 Apr 2007 19:22:00 Vanguard Radio Ultravox Special
Macfadyan Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: s/e uk
Greetings, yes?

I know, I know, I've been away far too long but that's real life for you...

Anyway, next Thursday, 26th April at 20.00 UK time, 15.00 PST, I'm hosting an Ultravox special of my radio show on Vanguard Radio.

Yup, 2 hours of tracks, rarities (well, I say they're rare but you lot have probably already heard them soooo many times, LOL, live tracks etc. I'm hoping to cover the Foxx, ure and beyond years as well as a touch of solo Midge.

The station is licensed, so I very much doubt any copyright will be broken (look, Im just a dj - I leave it to the station owner to sort these things out and he says 'yes' when I ask him, lol.)

To listen in, go to www.vanguardradio.com and click the link - or just go here http://community.loudcity.com/stations/vanguard-radio/files/show/
- you should be given options to listen on WMP, Winamp or, I believe, iTunes or somesuch nonsense.

I won't be trying to tell the story of the band 'cos I do have regular, None UV Fan listeners but expect babble, anyway smile

oh yeah, if anyone has a copy of the 'Call of the Wild'and 'Wasteland' extended editions, could ya mail me or PM me...I want to play those and don't have 'em...cheers

Oh, and I promise Ill try to keep in touch more often - honest smile

toodles for now

mac

<Edit> knew I'd forgotton something - I'd love to use some tracks from the covers comps please....is everyone ok with this? Once I know for certain which ones Ill pm the artists involved to double check its ok.

Oh, and Id be posting this on the Midge Ure forum also 'cept for some starange reason my old username etc has varnished like an old, oak table, so once Bernice approves my new registration Ill pop a post up there...

cheers folks

mac

#68032 - Thu, 19 Apr 2007 23:02:00 Re: Vanguard Radio Ultravox Special
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi mac ! :-)

that sounds like an interesting show that u'll do then ! ;-)

as a radio show presenter & producer myself , i'm indeed very interested in the way u present u-vox in your show , as i've jus' done a big special ( even 3 hours ! ;-) about visage & co. with my friend & colleague dj dramatis together a month ago & a big - maybe even 4 hours long - u-vox special is already planned for later this year ( in the 2nd half of it ) ! :-)

i'll definitely try to tune in via your i-net live-stream & check it out ! :-)

cheers , m8 ! :-)

#68033 - Thu, 19 Apr 2007 23:09:00 Re: Vanguard Radio Ultravox Special
Cerise Offline

Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Bristol, UK
Hey Mac, welcome back - sounds great! laugh

Re the covers comp tracks, it's fine with me if it's fine with the artists in question. wink

#68034 - Fri, 20 Apr 2007 04:50:00 Re: Vanguard Radio Ultravox Special
Macfadyan Offline

thanks guys, however, Ive just been informed that the terms of our license mean that I can only play one track per artist every half an hour. Which means the show is off...

however,,,,,,

1) I want to double check this with the station owner....so stay tuned, yeah?

and

G) I host the show regually at that time every week so Ill just play 4 tracks pers show, LOL

so very sorry about that...bitterely disipointed cos the second half was gonna be a broadcast of a cleaned up plymouth 1981 bootleg concert.......

again, apologies frown

howeverr, Im still int he game for those extended tracks as well as piano and mood music :p

cheeky? moi? :p

#68035 - Fri, 20 Apr 2007 08:32:00 Re: Vanguard Radio Ultravox Special
Macfadyan Offline

update:

ok, looks like things might be going ahead after all...certainly I can play an hour of the cleaned up plymouth 1981 concert - so that'll have to be edited highlights - mind you, saying that, cerise, can you advise me about the legitimacy of playing what is an essentially bootleg concert please?

but things are now looking back on track smile

so, wastelands extended, call of the wild extended, piano and mood music....anyone?

:p

edit:

ok, yes, the show IS going ahead as planned - sorry for the confusion.

expect as much of the concert as i can comfortably fit as well as some other stuff - remember, I do have a wioder audiance to please also so I have to vary it a little...though itll all be UV, Midge etc etc...

Hope you enjoy. By the way, I will NOT be archiving the show, so this is a one time only event

by the way, Im having a nightmare posting on the Midge Ure .com forum....can't log in, just get a blank page so if anyone could cut n paste the first post up to where I first sign off, Id be gratefull, LOL

#68036 - Fri, 20 Apr 2007 20:11:00 Re: Vanguard Radio Ultravox Special
Si_W Offline

Loc: UK
Mac, you on MSN?

#68037 - Fri, 20 Apr 2007 23:16:00 Re: Vanguard Radio Ultravox Special
Macfadyan Offline

er, no, my friend...I let as little microsoft into my world as possible...I'm on x-fire though.....or there's always e mail which 'should' be able to be seen from here.....failing that contact me at macfadyan@gmail.com

(is it gmail or googlemail? I can never remember....)

ah, macfadyan@googlemail.com, apparently - or lord macfadyan on x-fire

#68038 - Sat, 21 Apr 2007 09:01:00 Re: Vanguard Radio Ultravox Special
Sleepwalker Offline

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
Good luck with the show bud, looking forward to tuning in next week wink

#68039 - Sat, 21 Apr 2007 19:07:00 Re: Vanguard Radio Ultravox Special
leggylady Offline

Loc: Edinburgh, UK
Right,

Posted on MidgeUre.com as requested! wink laugh

#68040 - Sat, 21 Apr 2007 23:26:00 Re: Vanguard Radio Ultravox Special
Macfadyan Offline

many thanks...no idea why I can't seem to log in..I fill in the form, hit login and then get a blank white page.....grrr

ok, so, I now have to spend some time doing some audio clean up work.....

whoop and indeed...eeee

:p

#68041 - Sun, 22 Apr 2007 23:53:00 Re: Vanguard Radio Ultravox Special
Macfadyan Offline

hmm...Ive done a general clean up of the Plymouth 81 concert and it's not looking too hopefull as such. Some tracks seem to come out ok, but others - especially The Voice - aren't too clear...This is all down to the basic source material - it can't be helped, I mean, it was bootlegged after all, LOL. I'm still fiddling and I can certainly salvage a good few tracks, however, for the 'live' part of the show I may have to put together a composite concert featuring tracks from various sources - and probably ending with the Voice off Monument cos it just rocks, LOL.

Have to wait and see what happens smile

#68042 - Mon, 23 Apr 2007 03:40:00 Re: Vanguard Radio Ultravox Special
Si_W Offline

Loc: UK
You have (g)mail...

#68043 - Wed, 25 Apr 2007 19:19:00 Re: Vanguard Radio Ultravox Special
Macfadyan Offline

so, this Ultravox/Midge special.

I'm afraid that the Plymouth 81 concert is out of the window. I've done some clean-up on it, however, whilst us fans would happily sit there and listen to it, the normal Vanguard Radio audiance may not be so forgiving.

So instead I'm putting together what can only be called a 'composite' concert. This will feature tracks from all over the place - the old BBC session, Hammersmith, Midge's solo session for the beeb, Glorious Noise (which just rocks as an album) as well as, hopefully, a couple of surprises.

The first hour will probably be album tracks from Ultravox and Midge.

Oh, and I fully expect to finish up with Personal Heaven and The Voice (from Monument - the soundtrack, not the band, LOL) at just before ten pm...

Hope you lot enjoy it and no, Im not gonna be going into the history of things 'cos I'll probably get it all wrong :p

yeah, I know, some of you may have been hoping for an 'all UV' show, but well...what the hell...a lil bit of Midge solo never hurt anyone and I for one rather like it :p

enjoy folks.

#68044 - Fri, 27 Apr 2007 03:22:00 Re: Vanguard Radio Ultravox Special
Macfadyan Offline

apologies for the poor sound quality at the start..Ive no idea how that happens....anyway, its fixed now if you want to come back, LOL

#68045 - Fri, 27 Apr 2007 23:25:00 Re: Vanguard Radio Ultravox Special
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi mac !

well ... i've tried several times to connect to the live-stream of your station , but after a few seconds ( never more than about half a minute or so :-o ) i always lost the connection again & then simply gave up on it after about an hour ! *sigh*

more luck maybe next time !? *still_hopeful_look*

cheers & try it again ... sometime ! ;-)