Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Topic Options
#67935 - Wed, 03 Jan 2007 02:53:00 LIVE MP3'S NOW AVAILABLE AT TORQUE POINT!!!!
Mrs. X Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Hey everyone!!

We've now finally got a Downloads section at Torque Point , and mp3's of Midge-era performances of FoxxVox songs are now up, as well as the remaining tracks from the Stockholm '77 and Marquee '78 gigs. (My sincerest apologies to Adam and Indio70 for waiting.)

The Downloads section is located under the "Home" drop-down menu. Listen and enjoy!! excited

Mrs. X

#67936 - Thu, 04 Jan 2007 16:23:00 Re: LIVE MP3'S NOW AVAILABLE AT TORQUE POINT!!!!
Tor Arne Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Kristiansand, Norway
Still can't find the Downloads section banghead
Somebody got the right URL?

Tried to register at Torque-Point, but received this error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /home/johncarp/public_html/uv/Sources/Subs-Members.php on line 213

#67937 - Thu, 04 Jan 2007 21:18:00 Re: LIVE MP3'S NOW AVAILABLE AT TORQUE POINT!!!!
Brian Offline
Pass level: Manager

Loc: 6 "Miles away" from ...
Quote:
Originally posted by Tor Arne:
Still can't find the Downloads section banghead

Tried to register at Torque-Point, but received this error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /home/johncarp/public_html/uv/Sources/Subs-Members.php on line 213
I was getting that error during the move to a different host the other week.url is:-

www.torque-point.com

#67938 - Fri, 05 Jan 2007 05:36:00 Re: LIVE MP3'S NOW AVAILABLE AT TORQUE POINT!!!!
Si_W Offline

Loc: UK
Don't want to put a downer on this, but isn't this in breach of copyright? I'm sure that's why Cerise hasn't put any of the myriad of boots up on here...

#67939 - Fri, 05 Jan 2007 16:45:00 Re: LIVE MP3'S NOW AVAILABLE AT TORQUE POINT!!!!
Tor Arne Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
Quote:
Originally posted by Tor Arne:
[b] Still can't find the Downloads section banghead

I was getting that error during the move to a different host the other week.url is:-

www.torque-point.com [/b]
I mean the direct link to the downloads-section confused

#67940 - Sat, 06 Jan 2007 00:25:00 Re: LIVE MP3'S NOW AVAILABLE AT TORQUE POINT!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Si_W:
Don't want to put a downer on this, but isn't this in breach of copyright? I'm sure that's why Cerise hasn't put any of the myriad of boots up on here...
There's a really interesting interview that was reprinted here on Pete Townshends site yesterday - question 17 specifically to do with online music.

EG
x

#67941 - Sat, 06 Jan 2007 02:50:00 Re: LIVE MP3'S NOW AVAILABLE AT TORQUE POINT!!!!
Cerise Offline

Loc: Bristol, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Si_W:
It is indeed why we haven't put up the hundreds of bootlegs, or the 300+ hours of TV footage that we have, even though we would absolutely LOVE to share it - as an official site, we just can't be seen to do it.

We're currently trying to get permission to put up some of the official posed photography and some radio interviews, but there's no guarantee we'll get permission for any of it. For press articles we try to get permission to reproduce them wherever the publisher is known, and wherever that's not known, we will immediately remove articles if we are contacted by the owner.

In terms of website content, it is a problem - just where do you draw the line? As an official site we stick to the rules as much as we can, but if we did stick to the absolute letter of the law we would have hardly any content at all. So - dunno what the answer is, really.

#67942 - Sat, 06 Jan 2007 04:22:00 Re: LIVE MP3'S NOW AVAILABLE AT TORQUE POINT!!!!
Tor Arne Offline

Problem solved... I'm in (downloading.........)

#67943 - Tue, 09 Jan 2007 23:23:00 Re: LIVE MP3'S NOW AVAILABLE AT TORQUE POINT!!!!
Sleepwalker Offline

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
Is it not the case "Bootlegs" are known as such, because they are not offically licensed releases..?

Tricky one, although I agree with what Pete Townsend says, none of the members of UV have the mula that Pete Townsend has!!!

Mr Currie will be on the rampage!!! biglaugh

#67944 - Tue, 09 Jan 2007 23:54:00 Re: LIVE MP3'S NOW AVAILABLE AT TORQUE POINT!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Sleepwalker:
Is it not the case "Bootlegs" are known as such, because they are not offically licensed releases..?
Not neccesarily, although I can kind of see where you would head with this. Although they are usually unlicensed recordings, certain artists have released officially sanctioned recordings and classed them as bootlegs (Paul McCartney and Midge are the two that immediately spring to mind, although Peter Gabriel, Duran Duran, Moby and a host of other artists have teamed up with companies such as this to offer concert recordings to a good standard through the internet direct to fans without higher record company involvement). I've always thought the term to mean things that are being made available without the record company or artists agreement, knowledge or control - it does not neccesarily mean that the original recordings themselves are unlicensed, just that an illegal copy of a recording (whatever that is) is being made available outside of normal control and distribution procedures. A good example of this would be a licensed album that is available for commercial release in a shop that has been copied cheaply and the artwork reprinted and sold, say, on a market stall for half the price with no proceeds touching company or the artist alike. The recording originally was technically legal - the distribution as such far from...

One other issue you have with bootlegs is that there is usually a reason a recording did not make it to official release stage. If someone gets this and lets it out into the world unbeknown to the artist or without his agreement (although it is true sometimes that an artist can be being held contracturally if a record company is hell bent on doing so against his wishes...), it is not legal. It may be what the fans want, but that doesn't make it right to just let it go out there.

Quote:
Tricky one, although I agree with what Pete Townsend says, none of the members of UV have the mula that Pete Townsend has!!!
He talks a lot of sense, but interestingly, money does not always come into play on this issue. Common sense and the threat of action is more likely to see things taken down by people selling or offering recordings rather than the artist reaching for the phone to instruct the lawyers. Recent episodes on sites such YouTube, Ebay and MySpace are good examples of how the threat saw sites retreat where neccesary.

Quote:
Mr Currie will be on the rampage!!! biglaugh
Aye, maybe...maybe. Best batten down those hatches chaps. Just in case...

wink

EG
x

#67945 - Thu, 11 Jan 2007 20:12:00 Re: LIVE MP3'S NOW AVAILABLE AT TORQUE POINT!!!!
Sleepwalker Offline

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
LOL eek

Fickin' hell eh!!!! bemused