Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#67919 - Sun, 06 Mar 2005 14:14:00 Isound
Dmitry Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Moscow, Russia
another Ultravox related resource is found, probably not that new, but there is some interesting info, reviews and photos were found there --

http://www.isound.com/music/ultravox/ biglaugh

#67920 - Sun, 06 Mar 2005 19:52:00 Re: Isound
Oesterreicher II Offline

Loc: Buxham St. Deirdre
I just checked out that site. Their featured album was a double CD, Revelation and Ingenuity, with a couple of good reviews beneath at least for the Ingenuity part of it. Both reviews (not really full ones, just a few lines each) remarked that the sound was not the same since Midge left, seeming to be under the impression that much else was the same! This misimpression wasn't helped by the picture on the CD cover (which actaully looked quite good, as far as I could tell), which seemed to feature Billy with what looked like Chris and Warren, all partly masked by what looked like ghostly foliage - a bit (but only a very tiny bit) like Cathedral Oceans. I wonder if there are some folks out there who think that Billy, Warren and Chris are still together? Most peculiar, but understandable when these things are marketed by people with no real interest in anything but the bottom line and using a back-catalogue of available photos.

Incidentally, if I'm wrong about it being Chris and Warren in the picture, then I apologise!

#67921 - Mon, 07 Mar 2005 05:42:00 Re: Isound
PASSINGSTRANGER Offline
Pass level: Manager

Loc: St. Albans U.K
Quote:
Incidentally, if I'm wrong about it being Chris and Warren in the picture, then I apologise!
Does indeed look like Billy, Warren and Chris Oesterreicher, looks like a shot taken from around the Quartet period in the mix somewhere confused bemused Bizarre!!
Kindest regards! smile

#67922 - Tue, 08 Mar 2005 00:22:00 Re: Isound
Chris C Offline

Loc: Where the Garden meets the Sea
Quote:
Originally posted by Dmitry:
another Ultravox related resource is found, probably not that new, but there is some interesting info, reviews and photos were found there --

http://www.isound.com/music/ultravox/ biglaugh
Well spotted Dmitry. I've seen this one before but never considered looking into it any further as I'm happy with the original German releases of both these albums.

There does appear to be Billy, Warren and Chris appearing from the foliage. Perhaps they were looking for the Quiet Man (John)! biglaugh

About a get together I doubt it as most of the band members are leading very successful independent lives. The only 2 that could come out of the foliage together are John and Billy because of the music they are producing at the moment.

It was John's ideas and direction in those days but I'm sure that if they were to collaborate now it'll be John who'll be doing most of the listening...just for a moment! What are you like John! laugh

Chris C smile