Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Topic Options
#67795 - Sat, 13 Nov 2010 10:12:00 Gear/Equipment
Franz Quiet Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: New Vienna, Somewhere
In many videos and photos with Ultravox, he is seen playing with a Fender? Stratocaster, in one picture he is with a white Fender? telecaster. In the incomplete "Frozen Ones" tv presentation he is with a Gibson? Melody Maker double cutaway/SG junior? In a photo from the Cowboys International era he is also with a Stratocaster. As he is a bluesy guitarist i guess the Strat is his favourite guitar. Other guitars? Did he use Fender amps? effects/pedals?

#67796 - Thu, 18 Nov 2010 23:54:00 Re: Gear/Equipment
Chris Cross Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: UK
Stevie used the White-ish Telecaster in and on all the early stuff and later bought the Strat when we got a few Quid-lettes, or at least a loan.
The Gibson was probably rented for or by the TV show. One of the good things about doing TVs in Europe etc. was you could rent any guitar or drums you fancied trying, I remember having goes on Steves (Spandau) saxes at various shows.

#67797 - Sat, 20 Nov 2010 08:40:00 Re: Gear/Equipment
Duncan Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Co. Monaghan, Ireland
That's an amazing memory you have Chris, do you ever talk to any of the original line up & if not would you go out of your way to say hello to any of them if you saw them in the street or were playing near by?

#67798 - Mon, 22 Nov 2010 08:00:00 Re: Gear/Equipment
stufarq Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Here
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cross:
I remember having goes on Steves (Spandau) saxes at various shows.
Do you play sax Chris? For years I assumed that the CC playing on Hiroshima was you until I discovered that it was the sax player from Gloria Mundi. How bizarre if it turns out that you play after all.