Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Topic Options
#67603 - Sun, 06 Jun 2010 20:30:00 Robin with John Foxx
SJICQNW Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: North Wales
Great to see the awesome Robin Simon back on-stage with John Foxx last night at the Roundhouse. He joined John to perform The Man Who Dies Everyday, Slow Motion, Quiet Men, Dislocation, and Just For A Moment. I know the event was meant to be a celebration of all-things electronic, and John did some great songs during the night, but the performances of the old Ultravox numbers was far and away the highlight of the night. John & Robin were well-backed by other musicians during those performances, a drummer, a couple of keyboardists, etc. Robin looked great, and played the old songs like he had never been away. It was magic to see him. Good luck to Robin with his Ajanta Music project with Paul, and i hope he got as much of a buzz out of last night's gig as the fans did. cheers.

#67604 - Mon, 19 Jul 2010 05:39:00 Re: Robin with John Foxx
Duncan Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Co. Monaghan, Ireland
That's good to know when you think that Robin went back to Ultravox after Midge left,maybe he's the link to getting both front men on stage at the same time for a tour or two.Imagine Midge & John on the same stage at the same time that would be the ULTRA...VOX experience wink

#67605 - Mon, 19 Jul 2010 17:15:00 Re: Robin with John Foxx
Paul Simon Offline

Loc: London
Thanks for your kind comments about Robin at the Roundhouse.He appreciates this. If you want to hear more of his current work you can purchase copies of the two AjantaMusic albums at www.ajantamusic.com. We're currently working on the mixing and editing stage of the third AjantaMusic album and will be showcasing this at our next gig in London after the summer. The two Ultravox front men on stage together? Sounds like a long shot. To my Knowledge they have never met!

#67606 - Sun, 25 Jul 2010 02:05:00 Re: Robin with John Foxx
SJICQNW Offline

Loc: North Wales
cheers Paul, Ajanta Music is good stuff, keep up the great work, and good luck for the future with the project smile
cheers Duncan, yes, i guess as Paul says, John and Midge haven't even met... but.... when you think of Pink Floyd doing the unthinkable and performing at Live8, and when you think of Ultravox coming back on-stage this last couple of years too, you just never know in music, anything can happen ! we can dream ! cheers wink

#67607 - Mon, 26 Jul 2010 08:10:00 Re: Robin with John Foxx
Duncan Offline

I know they,ve never met.I also know that Midge had admiration for John before he(Midge) joined.Chris Cross has stated that he lives close to John now,so he must know where his old pal lives.They were pals remember,they made up with Warren and were glad about it.So why not, Midge & Robin strumming away while John knocks out "When you walk through me".What ULTRAVOX minded person wouldn't love that?.By the way thanks for the reply,I didn't expect one from Robin Simon's brother, I really am honoured

#67608 - Mon, 26 Jul 2010 14:30:00 Re: Robin with John Foxx
Mark Jardine Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Milford-on-Sea
Quote:
Originally posted by SJICQNW:
cheers Paul, Ajanta Music is good stuff, keep up the great work, and good luck for the future with the project smile
cheers Duncan, yes, i guess as Paul says, John and Midge haven't even met... but.... when you think of Pink Floyd doing the unthinkable and performing at Live8, and when you think of Ultravox coming back on-stage this last couple of years too, you just never know in music, anything can happen ! we can dream ! cheers wink
Talking of Pink Floyd, did you know that Roger Waters and David Gilmour performed together at a charity concert a couple of weeks ago and Gilmour has agreed to play guitar at one of Roger Waters' Wall gigs this or next year? Pigs have flown again so yes, anything is possible!

#67609 - Tue, 27 Jul 2010 05:45:00 Re: Robin with John Foxx
Duncan Offline

Nothing is impossible,improbable yes.But isn't it amazing what can happen when people talk to each other,anything can happen wink .Great news about Pink Floyd.

#67610 - Thu, 29 Jul 2010 05:00:00 Re: Robin with John Foxx
Desolate Angel Offline

Loc: North of Eden heading South......
Its great news about Gilmour and Waters. I will be going to two Waters shows in Germany. Unfortunately they are not going to tell which shows gilmour will appear at - its going to be a surprise!!! Still, good news non the less smile Still very sad that we lost the amazing Rick Wright though sad

#67611 - Thu, 29 Jul 2010 23:35:00 Re: Robin with John Foxx
Mark Jardine Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Milford-on-Sea
Quote:
Originally posted by Desolate Angel:
Its great news about Gilmour and Waters. I will be going to two Waters shows in Germany. Unfortunately they are not going to tell which shows gilmour will appear at - its going to be a surprise!!! Still, good news non the less smile Still very sad that we lost the amazing Rick Wright though sad
I'm going to New York (Madison Square Garden) and the London O2 - hedging my bets!

I was lucky enough to see Gilmour, Wright and Mason all perform together at the Royal Albert Hall in 2006 and Waters and Mason together at Hyde Park for Dark Side of the Moon in the same year. RIP Rick Wright - I still think 'Us and Them' is one of Pink Floyd's greatest tracks.

#67612 - Sat, 31 Jul 2010 17:54:00 Re: Robin with John Foxx
Paul Simon Offline

Loc: London
Thaeres a new vid of Robin live with AjantaMusic performing Goddess from our 2nd album, Above the Cloudline. Enjoy!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDmRc72D6JQ Our next gig is Oct 30th2019 in London, Yall are invited!http://ajantamusiclive.eventbrite.com/