Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#66896 - Sun, 24 Dec 2006 20:17:00 Creamware's Prodyssey ASB
Broadwave Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Manchester
Great to be back!

Had a busy year re-vamping my studio... Gone is my trusty Triton Classic, replaced with a MicroX and ReMOTE 61. Also ditched is my Roland JP8000 and Novation Nova. I've kept the Fantom XR, as I still have to find anything better!!

I had the chance to mess around with the Prodyssey ASB last week, and just to let all you ARP fans out there know... It's stunning!! Creamware have done an amazing job on this, it's a far better emulation that GMedia's Oddity and the ability to put the filter into "Moog" mode is inspired (now you can switch between the early "White Face" and the later MkIII (which I personally preferred).

Any hoo, decided to spend my pennies on one (as soon as stock arrives in the UK), well... I had to find an excuse for replacing the JP8000 ; )

At last, both Arturia and Native Instruments have released Universl Binaries of MOST of their AU plug-ins... ABOUT BLOODY TIME! I switched to Intel Mac's way too early and paid the price. Steinberg still lagging behind... No sign of UB for Virtual Guitar 2... Grrrr!!!!

The Novation 61 SL is great except for two things... No MIDI learn, if you're controlling something via Sysex (Fantom, for example) you have to find your Sysex string and manually encode the
knobs, buttons etc... Mind numbing work! And the X/Y controller just isn't sensitive enough... You really have to push your fingers onto it to get any response!

Enough for now, have to pack my bags for an exciting few days in Sheffield - visiting the In-Laws for Xmas (Yup, signed the Civil Partnership thingy while the forum was sleeping... I now have "Official" In-Laws smile

#66897 - Sun, 24 Dec 2006 22:54:00 Re: Creamware's Prodyssey ASB
leggylady Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Edinburgh, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Mo's Lotion:
signed the Civil Partnership thingy while the forum was sleeping... I now have "Official" In-Laws smile
Congratulations! wink excited

#66898 - Mon, 25 Dec 2006 01:23:00 Re: Creamware's Prodyssey ASB
Cerise Offline

Loc: Bristol, UK
Heyyy, congratulations Andy!! Bev and I are planning on doing the same thing at some point in the near future. Huge congrats. wink lurve

mexican

#66899 - Mon, 25 Dec 2006 04:49:00 Re: Creamware's Prodyssey ASB
Si_W Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by leggylady:
Quote:
[b]signed the Civil Partnership thingy while the forum was sleeping... I now have "Official" In-Laws smile
Congratulations! wink excited [/b]
Excellent news, add my congrats to those already proferred.
cool mexican cool

#66900 - Wed, 03 Jan 2007 21:15:00 Re: Creamware's Prodyssey ASB
SteveW Offline
Pass level: Manager

Loc: London
Quote:
Great to be back!

Had a busy year re-vamping my studio... Gone is my trusty Triton Classic, replaced with a MicroX and ReMOTE 61. Also ditched is my Roland JP8000 and Novation Nova. I've kept the Fantom XR, as I still have to find anything better!! ...snip...
We've upgraded too - but still with windows I'm afraid! wink

So the main machine is a Pentium dual core, 600 gb hard drive, my EMU 1820 soundcard/external box from the old machine, 2 19 inch flat screen monitors and 2 gb RAM.

We're still running VST5.1 and our soft synths of choice are Battery, V-Station, Vanguard, and the ImpOscar.

Keyboard wise: we're using the Access Virus Ti and the Korg Karma. Don't seem to be using the Korg Prophecy or the N264 at the moment, apart from at live shows.

Module wise, I have an access rack b, the access rack XL, the Korg Trinity rack and the Novation Supernova rack. We don't seem to be using many of these for our current material - usually just the XL.

Oh, and a mic stand, a SM57 mic, and a pop shield!

#66901 - Sun, 07 Jan 2007 19:26:00 Re: Creamware's Prodyssey ASB
Mehdi Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: france
Quote:

I had the chance to mess around with the Prodyssey ASB last week, and just to let all you ARP fans out there know... It's stunning!! Creamware have done an amazing job on this, it's a far better emulation that GMedia's Oddity and the ability to put the filter into "Moog" mode is inspired (now you can switch between the early "White Face" and the later MkIII (which I personally preferred).
Great Move, the Prodissey ASB is porobably the one I would get f I didnt have it yet as a scope and noah plugin... You can hear the prodissey (Noah version) in one of the solo and string pads of my remix/cover of "The thin wall" done in 2004 and available here. However, it is anterior by more than 2 years to the ASB version, which has some improvement (such as it's own hardware i/os, the "moog filter", filter FM and other refinements ...). However, I amped the prodissey through my JCM 800, so it is a bit transformed.

Myself i am heading to motif ES, that i hope to get in 2007 in addition to the renewal of many of my studio element that went kookoo after 18 month of bad treatment in small gigs and many rehearsals....

Anyway, best of fun with the asb :-)

Mehdi - Creamware addict since 1998...

#66902 - Tue, 09 Jan 2007 16:13:00 Re: Creamware's Prodyssey ASB
Havocman Offline

Loc: Moving westwards as soon as po...
Quote:
Enough for now, have to pack my bags for an exciting few days in Sheffield - visiting the In-Laws for Xmas (Yup, signed the Civil Partnership thingy while the forum was sleeping... I now have "Official" In-Laws smile
Congratulations, Andy! mexican

#66903 - Tue, 09 Jan 2007 16:14:00 Re: Creamware's Prodyssey ASB
Havocman Offline

Loc: Moving westwards as soon as po...
Quote:
Originally posted by Cerise:
Heyyy, congratulations Andy!! Bev and I are planning on doing the same thing at some point in the near future. Huge congrats. wink lurve

mexican
Does this mean a forum party? wink

#66904 - Fri, 19 Jan 2007 22:12:00 Re: Creamware's Prodyssey ASB
Broadwave Offline

Awww.. Thanks all, I feel all kinda warm and slushy!

Congrats Cerise and Bev, all the best... I had no idea!! (I ALWAYS presume others to be straight unless told otherwise - it can save a heap of embarrassment smile

yes, we *should* have a par-tay!

Anyways... Equipment... PrOdyssey ASB is winging it's way from Germany as I type (Not available in the UK at the 'mo and Thomann have knocked 50 quid off the UK advertised price!).

Korg have done themseles proud by releasing the Mono/Poly soft synth as part of the Legacy 2007 collection! Couldn't resist it and bought the update straight away - The best 50 quid I've spent in years.

Everything is faithfully reproduced including the dreadfull problem when switching from Mono to Poly (if you created a "Phat" detuned sound in mono mode then switched to poly... OWW!! Way out of tune chords... Fun, huh?!

As somebody, possibly much younger than myself would say: "Yeh man, it's totally wikkid, innit?"

Lots of other news from NAMM, which I'm going through at the moment - Yes, I know I should be working, but things are slow, so I have to entertain myself somehow wink

XX

#66905 - Sun, 21 Jan 2007 02:58:00 Re: Creamware's Prodyssey ASB
Mehdi Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: france
Quote:

Lots of other news from NAMM, which I'm going through at the moment - Yes, I know I should be working, but things are slow, so I have to entertain myself somehow [Wink]
arrg, i forsee an Yamaha XS vs Korg M3/tritonEx battle on my side ...

#66906 - Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:11:00 Re: Creamware's Prodyssey ASB
JesperDK Offline

Loc: Denmark
CONGRATULATIONS!!! smile
I got a question: Ive read that the Prodyssey
doesn`t have the duo-mode feature like the real
Odysseys have (the Oddity has it): As I see it,
this will not make you able to create the same
weird harmonics. It would be very interesting to
hear your opinion about that! smile

Right now Im rebuildning my homestudio...it will
turn out GREAT, when it`s finished!
Newest gear in studio: Electric Mistress Flanger
and Korg Legacy Collection.
Im also working on a UV-tribute track with the
working title "Jigsaw Sequense".... A LOT of Moog, Arp and Yamaha etc... wink

#66907 - Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:16:00 Re: Creamware's Prodyssey ASB
JesperDK Offline

PS: LOOK OUT for the new Waldorf Stromberg -
the closest we will ever get to a hardware PPG 3.0 I think cool

#66908 - Tue, 27 Feb 2007 01:02:00 Re: Creamware's Prodyssey ASB
Broadwave Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by JesperDK:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! smile
I got a question: Ive read that the Prodyssey
doesn`t have the duo-mode
You're right, it's not true ARP duo-phonic - but that's made up for by the fact that it is 12 note poly smile but not multi-timbral frown (BTW... It does an AMAZING Polymoog - Mr. Numan would be proud!!)

After using it for the past few weeks, one MAJOR niggle is using Sync+Ring Mod (*THAT* Billy sound) it's really noisy, a lot of aliasing going on, it should be a clear but aggressive sound but it's not. Have reported it to Creamware, but I don't expect an update somehow.

Unfortunately, I've not been able to use the Oddity since getting the Mac Pro (UniBin available soon, hopefully!) Once it's available I'll re-map the CC numbers, and use the Prodyssey as a controller smile

Have you upgraded to Korg Legacy 2007 yet? It's worth it for the new Mono/Poly plug-in... Sweet!

#66909 - Sat, 03 Mar 2007 08:13:00 Re: Creamware's Prodyssey ASB
JesperDK Offline

Hi Andy - THANKS for your reply! smile
That`s very interesting - I haven`t
played the Prodyssey myself yet - but Im
looking forward to it! I do own the Oddity,
and I think it`s really great - though its
not the real thing.
No, I havent upgraded the Legacy yet, but
reading your reply, I definetly have to check it