Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#6036 - Sat, 04 Dec 2004 19:53:00 Went To Coney Island... ?
DougG Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Near(ish) Montreal, Canada
The iTunes Music Store just opened in Canada this week (yay!). Sadly there is no Ultravox (hopefully some will be added soonish).

However a search yielded some tracks by Midge Ure that I've never heard of before - the soundtrack to a film (I think) called Went To Coney Island On A Mission From God...

Does anyone know more about this? From the sound of the track samples I'd say the album is a few years old. I'll have to give the samples another listen - from my first run through, the tracks sounded kind of interesting...

#6037 - Sat, 04 Dec 2004 20:39:00 Re: Went To Coney Island... ?
Cromlech Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Wales :the lumpy bit on the si...
Hi Doug

For info on the film itself check out the ever-reliable Internet Movie Database. The direct link to the film's details, as they appear there, are below:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0157182/

Cheers

viking

#6038 - Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:39:00 Re: Went To Coney Island... ?
Christine Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Weinheim
Quote:
Originally posted by DougG:
The iTunes Music Store just opened in Canada this week (yay!). Sadly there is no Ultravox (hopefully some will be added soonish).

However a search yielded some tracks by Midge Ure that I've never heard of before - the soundtrack to a film (I think) called Went To Coney Island On A Mission From God...

Does anyone know more about this? From the sound of the track samples I'd say the album is a few years old. I'll have to give the samples another listen - from my first run through, the tracks sounded kind of interesting...
Hi DougG, the album was released in 2000, and it's actually quite interesting stuff, you wouldn't immediately say it's by Midge Ure, excellent tracks! One track is by "Girlfriend", a group or artist of some sort which isn't too bad either.

Other than that, I've never seen the movie which is supposed to have been rather interesting as well. Anyone from the U.S. had a chance to? It was released on dvd but NTSC format as far as I know so we can't watch it over here. The film was never in our cinemas either... icky banghead lmao

#6039 - Mon, 06 Dec 2004 19:54:00 Re: Went To Coney Island... ?
Renton Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Toronto, Canada
I have the movie on DVD, I think I can convert it to PAL. A pretty good indie movie IMHO.

#6040 - Tue, 14 Dec 2004 04:33:00 Re: Went To Coney Island... ?
Mysterri Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: Missouri, USA
I used to go to Coney Island all the time.

But then again, I did grow up in Brooklyn so it wasn't that far of a stretch!

Terri