Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Topic Options
#58665 - Fri, 22 Apr 2011 01:12:00 Theme tune for your life / period in your life
Denise Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: W Mids / Staffs
A lot of people have said that Ultravox's music has been a constant in their life. wink

Morbidly I have often thought that I ought to have an Ultravox tune played at my funeral, because their music has meant so much to me. lurve

But I have not managed to pick a suitable tune. I had thought about Midge's 'Lay my body down' but the words seemed a bit pretentious. My next choice is 'White China' because I lived in HK, but I don't know... confused

The Ultravox song that is my current theme tune is 'One small day'. The words

"If the stack is high against you
And the hammer's coming down
Oh my sentimental friend
Your time will come again"

just seems to adequately descibe my work situation with impending redundancy... a bit sad maybe but it was funny how those words floated into my head when I got the news.. frown

Does anybody else out there have an Ultravox song as their theme tune for
- now
- a milestone in their life such as birth of a child?

If so what and why???
smile

#58666 - Fri, 22 Apr 2011 01:50:00 Re: Theme tune for your life / period in your life
Pater Noster Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: London
"Quiet Men", mainly because of feeling outside of the mainstream of society (and being happy with it overall, lol). wink

#58667 - Fri, 22 Apr 2011 02:18:00 Re: Theme tune for your life / period in your life
Newromantic Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Western Europe
Possibly "Astradyne" for the funeral - this song has highs and lows and some strange ARP tunes - itīs comparable to life in general even if it wasnīt meant to be while writing the song:

Listen carefully and maybe you can hear the lifecycle incl. birth, anger, highs, lows and a fantastic end:

PUSH = TUSCH = DEAD = THE END

What a wonderful life - thank you UlTRAVOX!

One small day - but this will hopefully take more than another 40 years .....

"I remember" is also really a great tune .....

#58668 - Fri, 22 Apr 2011 02:30:00 Re: Theme tune for your life / period in your life
Markie67 Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: Worksop
I have requested Breathe on the way in and let it go on the way out with a Hymn after the eulogy.

#58669 - Fri, 22 Apr 2011 20:26:00 Re: Theme tune for your life / period in your life
Becca_dup1 Offline
Pass level: Manager

How did this become about funerals?

I have a very peculiar belief about funerals. I really can't be doing with all this wailing and moaning business. When I shuffle off this mortal coil then no-one will be allowed to wear black and I want Stairway to Heaven (Rolf Harris' Version) and Always look on the Bright side of life.

But vox song which is my current theme- surprising its Follow your Heart. A song about keeping going until "One Small Day!"

#58670 - Sat, 23 Apr 2011 19:03:00 Re: Theme tune for your life / period in your life
I J S Offline

Loc: Here
Quote:
Originally posted by Denise:
Morbidly I have often thought that I ought to have an Ultravox tune played at my funeral, But I have not managed to pick a suitable tune.
I have thought about this too & chosen 'Lament'. Doesn't really need explaining.

#58671 - Sat, 23 Apr 2011 19:11:00 Re: Theme tune for your life / period in your life
Becca_dup1 Offline
Pass level: Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by I J S:
Quote:
[b] Morbidly I have often thought that I ought to have an Ultravox tune played at my funeral, But I have not managed to pick a suitable tune.
I have thought about this too & chosen 'Lament'. Doesn't really need explaining. [/b]
Yes it does... unless I'm being dense.

#58672 - Sat, 23 Apr 2011 19:18:00 Re: Theme tune for your life / period in your life
I J S Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Becca:
Quote:
Originally posted by I J S:
[b]
Quote:
[b] Morbidly I have often thought that I ought to have an Ultravox tune played at my funeral, But I have not managed to pick a suitable tune.
I have thought about this too & chosen 'Lament'. Doesn't really need explaining. [/b]
Yes it does... unless I'm being dense. [/b]
No you're not being dense at all Becca. It doesn't need explaining on the basis it is a personal choice. My reason has nothing to do with the lyrics...it is about the overall melody. 'Lament' could just as easily be used as a piece of music played at a wedding. I've thought of other tunes to be played at my funeral which I don't want to be a morbid affair, such as 'So Long Farewell' & 'Science Fiction Double Feature' along with 'Time To Say Goodbye'.

#58673 - Sat, 23 Apr 2011 19:20:00 Re: Theme tune for your life / period in your life
I J S Offline

Pc double posted!!