Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Current Ultravox promotional banner, click here for exclusive bundles

Topic Options
#57869 - Tue, 23 Nov 2004 06:12:00 Rare Ultravox items
Joe DaSilva Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Toronto, Canada
My original RADE IN EDEN vinyl LP has a typo on the album cover in how it depicts "The Ascent". On the album back cover, it is spelled "The Ascnet". Is this rare? Anyone else have one of these?

Also, years ago I picked up what I believe was an Ultravox vinyl LP release for Japan that included some rather hilarious interpretations of the lyrics of "All Stood Still". I'll have to dig that up one day and share with you folks for a good laugh.

Joe DaSilva
Toronto, Canada

#57870 - Wed, 24 Nov 2004 06:49:00 Re: Rare Ultravox items
Cromlech Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Wales :the lumpy bit on the si...
Hi Joe

Yep: I've got Japanese pressings (....mmmmmm......pressings......) of both Vienna and RIE and the included lyric sheets are completely barking.

One of these days we'll get a definitive answer from the original soul at the Japenese company that approved the translations. Assuming, of course, he didn't take the 'honorable' way out laugh

BTW: does anyone else remember how much better 'virgin' Japanese vinyl used to sound compared to the enviromentally friendly (ie: recycled...with the label still attached!) European wanabee frisbees we used to get?

Ah, the pleasures of five trips back to the shop to get one that wasn't warped, scratched or otherwise totally buggered. First rule of buying vinyl : don't buy in summertime!!

Those were the days, eh?

"....working 36 hours in a day..hot gravel for breakfast..."

viking

#57871 - Wed, 24 Nov 2004 07:33:00 Re: Rare Ultravox items
1.Outside Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Birmingham
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe DaSilva:
Also, years ago I picked up what I believe was an Ultravox vinyl LP release for Japan that included some rather hilarious interpretations of the lyrics of "All Stood Still". I'll have to dig that up one day and share with you folks for a good laugh.
I've got something like that. I think it was called 'Paths and Angles' because I seem to remember the front cover having various 'paths' and 'angles' on it. It certainly did have some hilarious translations on the lyric sheet.

#57872 - Thu, 25 Nov 2004 04:20:00 Re: Rare Ultravox items
Lynne Offline
Pass level: Manager

Loc: New York
I've got that one too. So funny!

#57873 - Thu, 25 Nov 2004 06:22:00 Re: Rare Ultravox items
midges babe Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: bristol uk
Hi all I have an original Rage in Eden lp and it has a poster with it (of Rage in Eden), Im wondering if these posters are rare? confused