Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#5530 - Mon, 12 Jun 2006 08:34:00 From Brussels With Love
Ion-ah Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Merseyside, UK
Just thought you might like to know that Thomas Dolby was recently approached by the label 'Crepuscule' about if he would be agreeable for them to re-release the FBWL cassette that came out originally in 1980 in CD form. Tom had an early version of 'Airwaves' on it. So I'm guessing that John will also be approached about this too (if he hasn't already!). So fingers crossed ..... excited

Tracklisting:
http://www.discogs.com/release/195409

#5531 - Sun, 18 Jun 2006 17:21:00 Re: From Brussels With Love
Chris C Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Where the Garden meets the Sea
Quote:
Originally posted by Ion-ah:
Just thought you might like to know that Thomas Dolby was recently approached by the label 'Crepuscule' about if he would be agreeable for them to re-release the FBWL cassette that came out originally in 1980 in CD form. Tom had an early version of 'Airwaves' on it. So I'm guessing that John will also be approached about this too (if he hasn't already!). So fingers crossed ..... excited

Tracklisting:
http://www.discogs.com/release/195409
What no posts?!? eek

Ion-ah, that's my favourite Dolby track! On the original CD release of FBWL it's the track that follows from John's opener Musique D'Ameublement ie Jingle 1. BTW The CD also ends with another JF Jingle.

The single version of Airwaves is quite good and can be found on his Retrospectacle compilation which is worth buying. There's also the album version of course, The Golden Age of Wireless, a very JF sounding title.

The version on FBWL happens to be the demo version of course and this version can make nostalgia seem a beautiful thing.

BTW John would be very pleased and bemused to be approached again. Brussels proved to John not only to be a musical adventure but a romantic one. He fell in love with Brussels passionately and it's probably his second home. All happened to him in such mysterious ways.

John, please release the 5 jingles. A work of art in its brevity indeed! laugh

Chris C wink

#5532 - Sun, 18 Jun 2006 18:47:00 Re: From Brussels With Love
Your Shadow Offline

Loc: Liverpool
Must admit that I love Brussels myself. Recently got back after my fourth visit there.It's not as obvious as Paris, Barcelona or Amsterdam but it has a charm and character all of it's own. I'd definately recommend a visit there.

#5533 - Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:55:00 Re: From Brussels With Love
robert Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: london
Bill nelson contributed a track called shadow garden which i have. I would defently buy brussels if it was re-realeased.

#5534 - Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:28:00 Re: From Brussels With Love
Chris C Offline

Loc: Where the Garden meets the Sea
Quote:
Originally posted by robert:
Bill nelson contributed a track called shadow garden .....
The demo version of the track that appeared on the instrumental album Sounding the Ritual Echo. Another highlight of FBWL.

Bill providing the soundtrack to one of the Yorkshire Gardens that John would later visit in early 1981.

Ah! people never see the Airwaves...!!

Chris C laugh

#5535 - Thu, 22 Jun 2006 01:12:00 Re: From Brussels With Love
robert Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: london
Thats very interesting. Two artists that think along the same lines.

#5536 - Tue, 04 Jul 2006 18:25:00 Re: From Brussels With Love
Mark Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Coventry
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
Quote:
Originally posted by robert:
[b]Bill nelson contributed a track called shadow garden .....
The demo version of the track that appeared on the instrumental album Sounding the Ritual Echo. Another highlight of FBWL.

Bill providing the soundtrack to one of the Yorkshire Gardens that John would later visit in early 1981.

Ah! people never see the Airwaves...!!

Chris C laugh [/b]
There's something on Bill Nelson's forum about this and he (Nelson) says nobody has bothered to contact him about it ... yet