Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#4757 - Tue, 27 Dec 2005 23:33:00 Pick of the year
birdsong Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: southampton
Hi everyone

Another year passes. Sitting here looking back on some of the Foxx happenings and thinking its been a great period.

Two live performances, two albums, two singles (feat John), websites, a record signing, radio interviews, and news of lots of exciting new collaborations.

What's been your favourite "moment" during the year?

Mine would have to be:
1) seeing John at Brighton with Harold Budd.
2) Harmonia Mundi on CO3
3) the stunning remix of Dislocated by Huoratron
4) the revised and wonderful metamatic.com

Thanks to everyone here for a brilliant year of friendship, chat and exchange, and
BIG THANKS to John should you be passing.
Always an inspiration. Cathedral Oceans is a work of genius.

Here's to 2006
Being a Foxx fan just gets better...

Mx

#4758 - Wed, 28 Dec 2005 02:28:00 Re: Pick of the year
Mrs. X Offline

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
My favourite Foxx moments...

1. Receiving an autographed copy of Cathedral Oceans III courtesy of Peter who went to the signing on 08/08/05. (Thanks so much to both Peter and John!!)

2. The newly revised Metamatic.com.

3. TheOfficialCathedralOceans.com.

Mrs. X

#4759 - Thu, 29 Dec 2005 00:07:00 Re: Pick of the year
Shadow Man Offline

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
Good topic, Martin!

Brighton!! Yes , this was the greatest moment of the year. The nice meeting before the gig - some of you I met for the first time, some of you I met sometimes in the past.
BUT THE OUTSTANDING MOMENT WAS THE HANDSHAKE WITH JOHN after the gig!! I'm glad I stood there... great evening!

Then there was the release of Cathedral Oceans 3. I love it!! A great album! ( signed by John and managed by Peter; Thank you both! )

And please do not forget the Nation 12 CD!!
A nice present to John's fans! I like more the psychedelic side of the album - this is more John's Metamatic style but the other tracks are not bad and it is very interesting to hear the collaboration of psychedelic with house /club music. Thanks again to the guy who made this CD possible!!!!

I have to admit, I thought the Brighton gig could be "TOPPED" by a gig from John &Louis at the end of the year... but I have a feeling inside 2006 will be a nice concert year...

Bye, Andreas

#4760 - Thu, 29 Dec 2005 04:31:00 Re: Pick of the year
Your Shadow Offline

Loc: Liverpool
I certainly hope so Andreas. It would be good to see John and Louis in concert again. It has been a good year for Foxx fans for sure. Andy

#4761 - Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:20:00 Re: Pick of the year
METAL BEAT Offline

Loc: Watford
Hi
It certaninly has been a good year for Foxx fans
The highlight for me was the concert at Brighton and meeting "fellow" fans and shaking hands with John
I enjoyed the Nation 12 CD. This was a nice surprise and totally unexpected.

CO3 was nice release and it was a pleasure to be able to shake hands with John in Sister Ray's and for him to autograph 3 copies 1 for myself, Shadow Man and Mrs X

It was great to be able to meet Mrs X in London twice late this year along with others from this forum.

Thanks to Robin also for updating the Metamatic site.

The only downside was not being able to afford to see John at Camber sands.

I hope next year proves to be as productive as this year
Regards
Peter smile

#4762 - Sun, 01 Jan 2006 04:40:00 Re: Pick of the year
the church puddle Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Exeter, UK
Both CDs, the Harold Budd gig (and meeting you lot) and finally becoming aware of and hearing the extended version of "Like A Miracle".

#4763 - Wed, 04 Jan 2006 19:58:00 Re: Pick of the year
Young Savage Offline

Did I miss a meeting of Foxx fans in London? confused Ah well, maybe next time...

My 2005 JF-related highlights:

1. Meeting and having a nice chat with the man himself, at Sister Ray.

2. Release of CO3 & being sent cd boots of the Scala gig 2003 and CO Shrewsbury, courtesy of a friendly forum member. smile

3. Metamatic and CO websites updated - very nice to see such activity!

#4764 - Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:54:00 Re: Pick of the year
Dadge Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: Birmingham, England
Track 4 on CO3. I've listened to, and liked, this album a lot more than the previous two. So maybe it's time to listen to them again - maybe I'm ready!

Shame I never made it to Brighton. :-( A

#4765 - Wed, 18 Jan 2006 21:20:00 Re: Pick of the year
Rob Harris Offline

Loc: Ledbury, UK
Slightly later than everyone else's... but these are my stand-out Foxx moments from 2005 (in absolutely no particular order)...

01. Meeting a heap of people before the gig at Brighton - it was great to finally be able to put 'faces to names'! Hopefully there'll be the opportunity to repeat the experience.

02. Updating the Metamatic Website - it's certainly been a long time coming (I'm sure that no-one would disagree with that!), but (hopefully) its 'new look' shows that there's plenty of room for expansion over the coming months.

03. Getting to meet up with Harold Budd at Brighton - he even remembered me from the last time we met. What a gentleman! laugh

04. John E-Mailing me with a detailed overview of his ongoing series of collaborations. Here's hoping that he'll be able to provide me with similar updates as the year progresses.

Rob

#4766 - Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:25:00 Re: Pick of the year
pip Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: oxford
so has anyone discovered the Quiet pages yet Rob?
pip
xxx

#4767 - Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:57:00 Re: Pick of the year
Rob Harris Offline

Loc: Ledbury, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by pip:
so has anyone discovered the Quiet pages yet Rob?
Hi there Pip,

No-one's mentioned them to me - perhaps they're a little bit too quiet... wink

Rob

#4768 - Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:23:00 Re: Pick of the year
Flip Martian Offline

Loc: Here
Maybe they did...but too quietly ...

#4769 - Fri, 20 Jan 2006 20:11:00 Re: Pick of the year
Chris C Offline

Loc: Where the Garden meets the Sea
Hi all!

Have to agree with everyone here. It's been an eventful year for John and would hope that he's as enthusiastic this year as the one gone by. My pick:

1) The Nation 12 album - John likes to surprise us now and again and us fans are eternally grateful. An essential part of the John Foxx collection.

2)Cathedral Oceans 3 album - John has perfected the sound in this series and has established himself as a synth maestro along the likes of Brian Eno.

3)Bill Nelson - It was inevitable. Sooner or later these 2 artists with similar minds would come together. The seed was sowed at Harold's brilliant farewell concert. We shall see what's next.

4)Concerts - Although a couple of them this year but still important for connecting directly with the fanbase and new admirers of course.

5)Collaborations - From Dislocated to the various projects as per John's email to Rob. John's enthusiasm and creativity is at a premium and us fans will cherish all his new works of art.

THANK YOU JOHN

Chris C
wink

#4770 - Mon, 30 Jan 2006 01:14:00 Re: Pick of the year
TM77 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
3)Bill Nelson - It was inevitable. Sooner or later these 2 artists with similar minds would come together. The seed was sowed at Harold's brilliant farewell concert. We shall see what's next.
I agree...and I can hardly wait.

#4771 - Mon, 06 Feb 2006 10:25:00 Re: Pick of the year
Dadge Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: Birmingham, England
Reading Billy Currie's biog at his website, it surprises me that his and BN's paths haven't crossed. They were born not that far apart at about the same time, and I think both could offer a great deal to each other's projects. OTOH, Foxx/Nelson, I can't imagine it somehow (especially when I think of the very different gigs I've seen them do recently) - I wait to be pleasantly surprised!