Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#4755 - Tue, 09 Nov 2004 00:49:00 John's album covers
Alex S Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Sheffield, UK
I absolutely love John's album covers - specially on his later works.

I'm a designer myself and am a fan of album art. When I met John we spoke about his covers - it was a good conversation smile

Anyway I think the proposed covers for Translucence and Drift music were really great, likewise with Metatronic - something about that simple photograph I love - and of course the magnificent Cathedral Oceans.

Of course the final Translucence/Drift Music artwork is very interesting and I really like the Crash & Burn artwork.

I think my favourite of John's album covers was actually the first version of the cover for Pleasures of Electricity. I really thought that image was cool - so I was quite surprised when the final version came out with the René Magritte inspired cover instead - still really great - but I always wanted to know why it was changed!

Actually I think I asked John this - and I can't remember what he said - maybe copyright issues.

Anyway I just wanted to share my love for John's album artwork!

#4756 - Tue, 09 Nov 2004 02:53:00 Re: John's album covers
Shadow Man Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
Yes, there are some nice covers. My favourites are HA!HA!HA! , Systems of Romance, The Garden, Shifting City, The Pleasures of Electricity, Crash & Burn and Cathedral Oceans (Both releases). And for me it is great John released some albums with hard cover. It remembers a little bit about vinyls, I find.

A lot better than the plastic CD covers.