Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!


Topic Options
#4501 - Tue, 04 Apr 2006 07:39:00 the next 18 months
the church puddle Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Registered: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 20:00:00
Posts: 188
Loc: Exeter, UK
Just noticed this on John's myspace page:

"In the next 18 months John Foxx is releasing a series of new electronic albums, plus his entire back catalogue will also be re-issued including many previously unheard tracks and alternative versions. ."

His entire back catalogue? Again? Still, sounds like the fruition of Metamatica etc. smile

What times we live in. I sometimes dream about buying new and rare Foxx records (I don't get out much lol). Please don't wake me this time ... laugh

Top
#4502 - Thu, 13 Apr 2006 02:30:00 Re: the next 18 months
Your Shadow Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Registered: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:00:00
Posts: 685
Loc: Liverpool
Lol. Church you're not the only one who dreams of buying new and rare John Foxx material. It sounds like a really exciting time for John Foxx fans.Can't wait ! Andy

laugh

Top
#4503 - Fri, 14 Apr 2006 04:17:00 Re: the next 18 months
birdsong Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Registered: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 19:00:00
Posts: 640
Loc: southampton
Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
Just noticed this on John's myspace page:

"In the next 18 months his entire back catalogue will also be re-issued including many previously unheard tracks and alternative versions. "
Something has to pay for exciting these 'new electronic albums' I guess... wink

Top
#4504 - Fri, 14 Apr 2006 17:12:00 Re: the next 18 months
Cromlech Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Registered: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 20:00:00
Posts: 1257
Loc: Wales :the lumpy bit on the si...
Just noticed Amazon UK is listing Ultravox!, Ha! Ha! Ha! and Systems of Romance as slated for re-release on 8th May 2006.

Does anyone know if these versions differ from previous CD releases?

(BTW: I know we're in the Foxx thread here, but, as the current subject is Foxx - back catalogue - rereleases....)

viking

Top
#4505 - Fri, 14 Apr 2006 17:39:00 Re: the next 18 months
Anonymous
Unregistered


Hi Cromlech,

The Island re-issues have been discussed in here a short while ago. Answers are included in the link below...

Island re-issues

All the best,

Top
#4506 - Fri, 14 Apr 2006 17:40:00 Re: the next 18 months
BlueVision Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Registered: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 19:00:00
Posts: 1177
Loc: Berlin, Germany
The original release of ha ha ha had only 8 tracks. The re-release now has 14 tracks!

01. Rockwrok
02. Frozen Ones
03. Fear In The Western World
04. Distant Smile
05. Man Who Dies Every Day
06. Artificial Life
07. While I'm Still Alive
08. Hiroshima Mon Amour
09. Young Savage
10. The Man Who Dies Everyday
11. Hiroshima Mon Amour
12. Quirks
13. The Man Who Dies Everyday
14. Young Savage

Track 9 & 14 Young Savage was released already on THE ISLAND YEARS, but we have now two versions, maybe one of it is life. It's the same with the remaining tracks, except Quirks I think. Buying this remastered CD is a must I think...

On the remastered SOR there are two additional tracks 11 and 12. Track 11 is Cross Fade (don't know if it is the same version like on THE ISLAND YEARS, track 12 is (another version of?) Quiet Men.

I am interested in having a look to the artwork. Is there something new or do I have to search for the 3-D-glasses already now? wink

Top
#4507 - Fri, 14 Apr 2006 19:21:00 Re: the next 18 months
Cromlech Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Registered: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 20:00:00
Posts: 1257
Loc: Wales :the lumpy bit on the si...
Cheers EG!

It just goes to show how busy the forums are: trying to keep a track of everything is tough going for the occasional visitor.

Thanks for the heads-up

viking

Top
#4508 - Fri, 14 Apr 2006 21:21:00 Re: the next 18 months
H Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Registered: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 20:00:00
Posts: 976
Loc: In a Darkroom somewhere in the...
Are any of the tracks on single releases being added to the re-released albums?

It would be great to see "Retro" included as well as the "Slow Motion" double 45 version of "Hiroshima Mon Amour" excited !

Top
#4509 - Fri, 14 Apr 2006 23:31:00 Re: the next 18 months
Chris C Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Registered: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:00:00
Posts: 813
Loc: Where the Garden meets the Sea
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueVision:
The original release of ha ha ha had only 8 tracks. The re-release now has 14 tracks!

01. Rockwrok
02. Frozen Ones
03. Fear In The Western World
04. Distant Smile
05. Man Who Dies Every Day
06. Artificial Life
07. While I'm Still Alive
08. Hiroshima Mon Amour
09. Young Savage
10. The Man Who Dies Everyday
11. Hiroshima Mon Amour
12. Quirks
13. The Man Who Dies Everyday
14. Young Savage

Track 9 & 14 Young Savage was released already on THE ISLAND YEARS, but we have now two versions, maybe one of it is life. It's the same with the remaining tracks, except Quirks I think. Buying this remastered CD is a must I think...

On the remastered SOR there are two additional tracks 11 and 12. Track 11 is Cross Fade (don't know if it is the same version like on THE ISLAND YEARS, track 12 is (another version of?) Quiet Men.

I am interested in having a look to the artwork. Is there something new or do I have to search for the 3-D-glasses already now? wink
Happy Easter all!

Blue Vision from which site did you get this info?

It looks like what forms the Bonus tracks are the Retro ep, the B-sides, Quirks/Modern Love, Young Savage and Quiet Men A-sides.

So I predict the bonus tracks on Ultravox! are :rolleyes: :

Modern Love (live)
Slip Away (live)
The Wild, The Damned and The Beautiful (live)
My Sex (live)

I wonder what happened to those unreleased tracks eek . Perhaps there might be a Rarities album (dream on Chris! :p )

Anyhow it's great to have the Retro ep finally officially released on CD and of course the whole remastering is fantastic!

Chris C wink

Top
#4510 - Sat, 15 Apr 2006 02:14:00 Re: the next 18 months
H Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Registered: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 20:00:00
Posts: 976
Loc: In a Darkroom somewhere in the...
YES!!!! excited excited excited excited excited excited excited excited

Top
#4511 - Sat, 15 Apr 2006 04:33:00 Re: the next 18 months
BlueVision Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Registered: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 19:00:00
Posts: 1177
Loc: Berlin, Germany
Hello Chris, my little web-bot found this site at amazon...

HA!HA!HA! Remastered (release date: 11th May 2006)

SOR Remastered (release date: 11th May 2006

Both are listed with $15.99 each...

Top
#4512 - Sat, 15 Apr 2006 17:32:00 Re: the next 18 months
Shadow Man Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Registered: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 20:00:00
Posts: 783
Loc: Hamburg, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
[QUOTE]It looks like what forms the Bonus tracks are the Retro ep, the B-sides, Quirks/Modern Love, Young Savage and Quiet Men A-sides.

So I predict the bonus tracks on Ultravox! are :rolleyes: :

Modern Love (live)
Slip Away (live)
The Wild, The Damned and The Beautiful (live)
My Sex (live)

I wonder what happened to those unreleased tracks eek . Perhaps there might be a Rarities album (dream on Chris! :p )

Anyhow it's great to have the Retro ep finally officially released on CD and of course the whole remastering is fantastic!

Chris C wink
Yes, it's great to own the first three CD's with the bonus tracks - IN A GOOD REMASTERED SOUND!! excited
I assume too the bonus tracks for Ultravox! would be your mentioned tracks Chris.
So Island did what I thought what they will do ; re -releases of all the official single and B- side stuff.
I'm VERY!!! grateful they did it at least after all those years! excited
I'm looking forward for the releases...

THANK YOU ISLAND REC. AND THANK YOU ROB FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN THIS!!!!

The unreleased tracks seems to be what they been before; UNRELEASED TRACKS. But at least we have them on boots... I think we can be lucky and take care of them...

I'm keen to listen to the new releases... excited

Thank you Andi for the links! wink

Bye, Andreas

Top
#4513 - Mon, 17 Apr 2006 00:56:00 Re: the next 18 months
METAL BEAT Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Registered: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 20:00:00
Posts: 825
Loc: Watford
Hi Andi
Thanks for the links.

It seems the unreleased material will continue to be unreleased. It's great, to soon have all the Ultravox albums remastered with all the bonus "B" sides though.
Peter

Top
#4514 - Mon, 17 Apr 2006 00:59:00 Re: the next 18 months
Alex S Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Registered: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 20:00:00
Posts: 924
Loc: Sheffield, UK
Maybe - hopefully - by this time next week our pre-ordered copies of 'Tiny Colour Movies' will have arrived.... excited

Top
#4515 - Mon, 17 Apr 2006 01:02:00 Re: the next 18 months
BlueVision Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Registered: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 19:00:00
Posts: 1177
Loc: Berlin, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Maybe - hopefully - by this time next week our pre-ordered copies of 'Tiny Colour Movies' will have arrived.... excited
This is a concern of mine. I have still no information about my orders from eBay of N12 and TCM too... sad

Top
#4516 - Mon, 17 Apr 2006 01:24:00 Re: the next 18 months
Alex S Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Registered: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 20:00:00
Posts: 924
Loc: Sheffield, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueVision:
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
[b]Maybe - hopefully - by this time next week our pre-ordered copies of 'Tiny Colour Movies' will have arrived.... excited
This is a concern of mine. I have still no information about my orders from eBay of N12 and TCM too... sad [/b]
If you ordered them at the same time from the same seller, then he's probably waiting to post them both together when he sends out TCM. Just a thought.

Have you had confirmation of your winnings/orders?

Top
#4517 - Mon, 17 Apr 2006 01:41:00 Re: the next 18 months
BlueVision Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Registered: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 19:00:00
Posts: 1177
Loc: Berlin, Germany
Only an automated response for my payments done with Paypal, no answers on my direct mailings. But as I said already in a (server-breakdown-lost)-posting, I will wait 2 more weeks. Sometimes there are "higher influences" on such things and it is not the direct problem of the seller. I am sure some of you will post somehow when you get your copies...

Top
#4518 - Mon, 17 Apr 2006 19:12:00 Re: the next 18 months
Luna Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Registered: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:00:00
Posts: 190
Loc: Houston, TX
Don't forget this one:

Track Listings
1. Saturday Night In The City Of The Dead City
2. Life At Rainbow's End (For All The Tax Exiles On Main Street)
3. Slip Away
4. I Want To Be A Machine
5. Wide Boys
6. Dangerous Rhythm
7. The Lonely Hunter
8. The Wild The Beautiful & The Damned
9. My Sex
10. Slip Away
11. Modern Love
12. The Wild The Beautiful & The Damned
13. My Sex

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EU1PX2/

excited

Top
#4519 - Mon, 17 Apr 2006 23:13:00 Re: the next 18 months
Chris C Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Registered: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:00:00
Posts: 813
Loc: Where the Garden meets the Sea
Quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Don't forget this one:

Track Listings
1. Saturday Night In The City Of The Dead City
2. Life At Rainbow's End (For All The Tax Exiles On Main Street)
3. Slip Away
4. I Want To Be A Machine
5. Wide Boys
6. Dangerous Rhythm
7. The Lonely Hunter
8. The Wild The Beautiful & The Damned
9. My Sex
10. Slip Away
11. Modern Love
12. The Wild The Beautiful & The Damned
13. My Sex

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EU1PX2/

excited
There you go! :rolleyes:

Thanks Luna. wink My copies were ordered from Amazon.co.uk. Still no update on this site!

Well we only have to wait and see if Island feel generous enough in releasing an Ultravox! rarities album. Yep, those unreleased tracks Came Back Here to Meet You, City Doesn't Care, TV Orphans...

Is John serious about releasing his entire back catalogue in 18 months? No complaints from me.

In a couple of weeks time there'll be Tiny Colour Movies, Humania and these 3 remasters. Not bad for starters!

Chris C laugh

Top