Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#4373 - Wed, 17 May 2006 16:15:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
birdsong Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: southampton
Quote:
Originally posted by Herbert the turbot:
it would be wonderful to hear the music alongside the “Tiny Colour Movies” that inspired it, but on reflection I can picture the visuals myself, and perhaps the actual movies might be very different from my perception.....
I thhink that's probably the whole point...
wink

#4374 - Wed, 17 May 2006 17:39:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Craig Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Peterborough
They way John has woven (and I feel 'woven' is the best description) the narrative for each track with the music, and created this other world - a natural progression from his other works - I now strongly believe that he is the lost son of J.G. Ballard. I'm sure that TCM is hotel foyer backround music in Vermillion Sands. My 'short stories' anthology arrives in a couple of weeks, and I cannot think of anything better than sitting out in the garden reading whilst TCM is the album of the summer playing along to it.
Cheers

#4375 - Wed, 17 May 2006 18:43:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Alex S Offline

Loc: Sheffield, UK
TCM has arrived! Hurray!

The only problem is, it's at home, and I'm at work. Grr.
I'll write up my thoughts on it when I've given it a listen or two.

Can't wait!

#4376 - Wed, 17 May 2006 18:51:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
METAL BEAT Offline

Loc: Watford
Hi Alex
I'm glad that your copy has arrived today. I bet you can't wait to get home and hear it excited excited excited
Peter

#4377 - Wed, 17 May 2006 19:34:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Alex S Offline

Yeah - problem is though we have to go shopping right after work so it's probably gonna be tomorrow morning when I get to appreciate it fully, on the way to work!!

Damn, I wish I had patience!!

#4378 - Wed, 17 May 2006 20:12:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Young Savage Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Having started this thread, I guess I'd better go and order a copy of TCM now. laugh

Actually, I've been in Scritti Politti mode for the past few weeks, having heard an advance copy of the new album.

http://www2.cd-wow.com/detail_results.php?product_code=279086

I know this isn't really the place for this, but just thought I'd give it a mention. It's a superb album, in case anyone's wondering. Two of my favourite artists releasing new albums in the same month? That hasn't happened since..ooh, 1981? laugh

#4379 - Thu, 18 May 2006 00:49:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Shadow Man Offline

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by Rena:
where did you order yours then? i am still waiting. i ordered at blahdvd...hope to receive it soon![/QUOTE]

Ordered it from the guy on E -bay (as many members of the forum too).

Btw: It is not arrived today. Bought Electrofear on the same way in past too and it was only one day later in Hamburg as the copies for the UK members.
SO I'M HOPEFULLY IT ARRIVES TOMORROW.

#4380 - Thu, 18 May 2006 01:18:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
lord lost Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Birmingham
Copies available again on Ebay if anyone stills needs a copy....ordered mine this morning smile

#4381 - Thu, 18 May 2006 02:07:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Given what's happened on ebay, I think anyone still needing to order would be better doing it through Amazon.

smile

#4382 - Thu, 18 May 2006 03:40:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Rena Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: Magdeburg, Deutschland
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Man:

Btw: It is not arrived today. Bought Electrofear on the same way in past too and it was only one day later in Hamburg as the copies for the UK members.
sorry didn´t read properly. i hope you´ll be lucky. i still haven´t got mine and i guess it´ll take much longer than i hoped it would.
shock cry

#4383 - Thu, 18 May 2006 03:57:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Rena Offline

btw: there is another seller at ebay selling TCM:
TCM at EBAY

its 9.95GBP. the seller is stating that the oder will be dispatched to arrive on the day of release on 22nd of may.

the track listing seems to be incorrect though..

#4384 - Thu, 18 May 2006 04:51:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
lord lost Offline

Loc: Birmingham
The ebay seller did get the copies to everyone before the release date as promised. I think it was just a case of everyone being a little anxious.... banghead

Our European friends may now be relying on the good ol post office! Hope your copies arrive Thursday.... wink

#4385 - Thu, 18 May 2006 04:57:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Rena Offline

some sellers (like amazon.de) state that the date of release is the 22nd..some say it was the 15th..well of course people get anxious. especially ebay sellers aren´t always reliable.

#4386 - Thu, 18 May 2006 05:12:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Dadge Offline

Loc: Birmingham, England
Amazon has given up on naming a release date. I thought it was now supposed to be 29 May?

btw, how many of you are in the habit of putting reviews on Amazon, Rateyourmusic, etc?

#4387 - Thu, 18 May 2006 05:34:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Rena Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dadge:
Amazon has given up on naming a release date. I thought it was now supposed to be 29 May?

amazon.de states the 22nd. amazon.co.uk doesn´t state anything yet, nor does blahdvd.com.

Quote:
btw, how many of you are in the habit of putting reviews on Amazon, Rateyourmusic, etc?
me! why do ya ask?

#4388 - Thu, 18 May 2006 07:20:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Alex S Offline

The first thing I have to say is I'm really impressed with the booklet to TCM, though surprised to read that John didn't do the design.

The images are excellent though - and assuming the filmwork John refers to exists, then they seem to be stills from them.

I've Googled the names, but not found anything, which is odd.

And all that before I've even got to the music!!

#4389 - Thu, 18 May 2006 07:21:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Alex S Offline

Quote:

The relese date for TCM is 5th June - it's up on Metamatic so it must be true!!

I've written a couple for Amazon, but I am a regular user on Rate Your Music (as AlexS), where I have reviewed all John's albums (and almost everything else from my CD collection!)

I'll be writing a review of TCM soon!

#4390 - Thu, 18 May 2006 15:41:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Chris C Offline

Loc: Where the Garden meets the Sea
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Man:
Quote:
Originally posted by Rena:
where did you order yours then? i am still waiting. i ordered at blahdvd...hope to receive it soon!
Quote:

Same with me Andreas. It's taking longer, perhaps as mentioned here it all depends on our dear old post office. I'm relaxed as it is worth the wait and just a matter of days or hours as we speak! wink

Just imagine how Warren Cann fans feel waiting a lifetime for the Helden album to be released. :rolleyes: It's a great period for Ultravox (and related) as the amount of material that has been re-released or released for the first time is magic!

Truly the best musicians in the world !!!!! laugh

Chris C wink

#4391 - Thu, 18 May 2006 16:22:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Havocman Offline

Loc: Moving westwards as soon as po...
Can't remember if I posted this before but if you can wait until the official release date then you probably won't get it too much cheaper than £7.99:

Ooh look, a link

They are good at delivery and I've never had a problem with them.

#4392 - Thu, 18 May 2006 16:22:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
birdsong Offline

Loc: southampton
Speaking of reviews, if anyone finds anything 'professional' on line or in the music press (I expect something in Q at least!!!), drop me an email.
It would be good to collate as many as possible.

Cheers, Mx

#4393 - Thu, 18 May 2006 21:04:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Shadow Man Offline

Nothing in the mail box today! frown

This time it takes some days more for the seller to send the CD. With Electrofear it was a lot faster!
So I think 3 days to wait longer after the UK fans got their TCM copies are enough. I cannot imagine why it takes a few days more. I sent a couple of things to UK (and back) in the past but it took not longer than 2 days.
So, if it is not arrived tomorrow I think the seller is not worth for ordering copies again - if I remember the price!!!
Perhaps I'm impatient but I think for the price I paid I can be!!! wink Not comfortable... sad

#4394 - Fri, 19 May 2006 00:13:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Steve Roby Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Andreas, you'll still probably get your copy well before I get mine. It took nearly two weeks for Nation 12 to get here, so I don't expect to find TCM in my mailbox before next week. Not that I'd be upset if it shows up today, of course.

#4395 - Fri, 19 May 2006 01:08:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Shadow Man Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Roby:
Andreas, you'll still probably get your copy well before I get mine. It took nearly two weeks for Nation 12 to get here, so I don't expect to find TCM in my mailbox before next week. Not that I'd be upset if it shows up today, of course.
TWO WEEKS!!! My god -I assume I would die if I must wait so long... So 3 days are not a long time. But I wonder about it , 'cause the post was faster in the past. The seller sells it for an expensive price - if I think of the other mentioned prices here. For my opinion he should give some comfort for the money he got...
But okay - tomorrow is the 4th day . LAST CHANCE FOR HIM! biglaugh wink

#4396 - Fri, 19 May 2006 01:09:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Shadow Man Offline

Quote:
TWO WEEKS!!! My god -I assume I would die if I must wait so long... So 3 days are not a long time. But I wonder about it , 'cause the post was faster in the past. The seller sells it for an expensive price - if I think of the other mentioned prices here. For my opinion he should give some comfort for the money he got...
But okay - tomorrow is the 4th day . LAST CHANCE FOR HIM! biglaugh wink

#4397 - Fri, 19 May 2006 02:11:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Alex S Offline

Anybody left negative feedback? wink

#4398 - Fri, 19 May 2006 03:58:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
newvox Offline

Loc: ''in a grey suit''
I never bought mine from the ebay seller, but if i did, i would of emailed him like so many did to complain.
Just hopeing our far off friends get there copys soon now.

#4399 - Fri, 19 May 2006 04:10:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Rena Offline

Quote:
My god -I assume I would die if I must wait so long... So 3 days are not a long time. But I wonder about it , 'cause the post was faster in the past. The seller sells it for an expensive price - if I think of the other mentioned prices here. For my opinion he should give some comfort for the money he got...
But okay - tomorrow is the 4th day . LAST CHANCE FOR HIM! biglaugh wink [/QB]
sometimes it takes a little longer. nothing to worry! at least you´ll receive the album soon.

blahdvd is still awaiting stock, so this means i´ll still have to wait at least two weeks!

#4400 - Fri, 19 May 2006 04:10:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Dadge Offline

Loc: Birmingham, England
I left a neutral feedback for him. I don't think that's harsh. I have got my CD a couple of weeks early, but it is more expensive, and I don't think eBayers should be encouraged to advance-sell.

ps. Alex, methinks thou assumest too much! wink

#4401 - Fri, 19 May 2006 16:15:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Alex S Offline

You're right! It would be unfair to leave negative feedback since I got my CD prior to official release as promised. But at the same time the lack of communication didn't help me understand the delays, so it's not quite worthy of positive!

We got our CDs that's what counts!

#4402 - Fri, 19 May 2006 20:55:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Shadow Man Offline

Came back from work today and FOUND T.C.M. IN MY MAIL BOX!!!! biglaugh

You can call me impatient but for me it is only for John's stuff so. For other music it would no problem for me to wait. This is the reason I bought it from this seller for a "good" price. I only do that for John's stuff. Most of other music I buy in the shops for reasonable prices. But for me John's stuff was and is worth the money!!! (Said the Foxxaholic...)

At the moment I listening to it - all I can say until yet is I can say nothing. I'm surprised of John's new work (as I was for every new work from him ; and this is a good sign). So after a few listenings I will give a feedback. Sounds like a nice album for relaxing...

Bye, the glad Shadow Mandreas

#4403 - Fri, 19 May 2006 21:08:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Steve Roby Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
You know, back when the Nation 12 CD was new, I posted a grumbling complaint about not having it yet and then had to post later that the CD had arrived at home while I was at work complaining about it not arriving.

Yesterday I complained about waiting for TCM, and sure enough, it arrived yesterday. And I like it a lot.

And so, in recognition of my complaining evidently having some powerful effect on the world:

Gee, I've been waiting a long time for Metadelic and Metatronic and Urban Motets and the other planned releases that haven't shown up yet. So darn long. I'll probably have to wait weeks for them to show up here.

If they're in my mailbox tonight, I'll let you know.

#4404 - Fri, 19 May 2006 21:17:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Shadow Man Offline

Quote:
And so, in recognition of my complaining evidently having some powerful effect on the world:

Gee, I've been waiting a long time for Metadelic and Metatronic and Urban Motets and the other planned releases that haven't shown up yet. So darn long. I'll probably have to wait weeks for them to show up here.

If they're in my mailbox tonight, I'll let you know.
lmao lmao lmao
Perhaps I should look in my mail box tonight too?!.... laugh

#4405 - Wed, 24 May 2006 00:41:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Chris C Offline

Loc: Where the Garden meets the Sea
Got mine on Thursday last week. Just been away from my PC.

Mmm it seems like you've all moved on to a new post of TCM. I'll add my comments there!

Briefly, it's an impressive album. Well done John!

Chris C wink

#4406 - Fri, 26 May 2006 23:21:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
BlueVision Offline

Loc: Berlin, Germany
I got my copy now also together with the N12-album last monday. I had also some mailcontact with the seller now. However this came all to a good end now.
Another thing. Since weeks I am thinking of what me this booklet reminds. You know this? You know that there was something specific in the past, that is very similiar but you have no idea? And you feel that the solution is so damned near but the more you think about it, the more the solution goes out of reach?
Today I watched the video of Bowies' ASHES TO ASHES, there it made click in my head. Have a look to the video..

#4407 - Sat, 27 May 2006 00:00:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Alex S Offline

Ha ha! I know exactly which bit you're referring to!!

#4408 - Tue, 30 May 2006 02:55:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
BlueVision Offline

I had the idea to it, when I met with a colleague of mine in the morning at McDonalds to plan the work for the day. I had to wait, because he was traffic-jammed. I had everything with me, so it's a "quick and dirty" movie without any gloss. But this makes the sense of it, capturing a moment from the early morning at May 22nd here in Berlin...
Hope you like it, maybe other people making their version to other songs too.

TCM-Track 3 - Kurfürstendamm 22nd of May 2006

#4409 - Tue, 30 May 2006 05:01:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
robert Offline

Loc: london
Ill ghost on and have my say. I like the album very much and i think the artwork is like all johns albums brilliant. Reminds me of the pleasures of electricity in the picture it paints of the city. I think the city is defently american which is what i imagned with pleasures.

#4410 - Wed, 31 May 2006 02:40:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
abc123 Offline

Loc: Derbyshire, England
Hear online audio clips here:

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/219224-01.htm

#4411 - Wed, 31 May 2006 02:59:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Rena Offline

got a newsletter from rob recently saying that the release date has been changed AGAIN (something like 5th of june)....which really upset me but today i received a note from blahdvd telling me that my copy is on its way! excited

#4412 - Tue, 06 Jun 2006 22:37:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Rena Offline

got it today!
interesting stuff but very different from my expectations!
reminds me a lot of The Garden and Cathedral Oceans.
my favourite is definitely Kurfürstendamm!

#4413 - Fri, 09 Jun 2006 01:24:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
Your Shadow Offline

Loc: Liverpool
Andi. Thanks for the video. Brought back memories of my time in Berlin last year. My hotel was close to the Kaiser-Wilhelm Gedachtnis-Kirche.I strolled down Kurfurstendam whilst I was there. I love the new album. Great to hear John recording an album of electronic instrumentals. Andy

#4414 - Sat, 10 Jun 2006 02:24:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
BlueVision Offline

Thanks for the flowers Andy! Next time you'r here you get a beer from me or something else you prefer. smile It's really not the best movie and probably it works only if you've been already at these places. However. Thank You!

#4415 - Tue, 13 Jun 2006 03:58:00 Re: New John Foxx album! "Tiny Colour Movies"
BlueVision Offline

Who is the vampire? I want to thank you for your comment, if you are searching your FOOD here on this site from time to time... wink Thanks for the comment on YouTube!

BV (SO36)

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5