Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#43718 - Wed, 22 Apr 2009 01:08:00 From Finland to Hammersmith
mika Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Finland
Hello you all!

So the Hammy O gig is closer than ever. Sorry that I've been so silent so far, but you know that man's gotta do what man's gotta do...

In my case that means that I've been seriously making some euros, pounds, crowns, rubles, latis what ever currency that get's me too see ULTRAVOX. And ,please, my friends, let's not forget, that as we are arriving all the way from FINLAND, we are also going enjoy Premier Football ie. Cottagers vs. Potters. woohoo

You won't mind me emphasizing our long travel from FINLAND. So if there, by any change, would be anyone else interested in ULTRAVOX & FOOTBALL

(Craven, where are you....? Still going there? Do you know any suitable pub on the way to stadium? If you are not too busy, of course...)

we would be delighted if you would join us.

Our hotel is Premier Inn Hammersmith and I think there will be lot of other Ultravox nuts. I hope to see you around: Voxgate, hotel, stadium, pubs, and everywhere.

mexican

See you very soon!

Mika & Marko, Antti, Pete and the beautiful one

#43719 - Wed, 22 Apr 2009 18:48:00 Re: From Finland to Hammersmith
Lavaocean Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Barcelona
Buenos días (hyvää huomenta) Mika!

It will be good to finally meet you. Met your cousin Peppe back in Helsinki on 6th August 2005 and would have loved to see him again. Hope he is fine.

Sadly, I don't understand much football but I am sure we can talk about British CIDER and the sort at the pre-gig pub session. KAKSI OLUTTA!!! Otatko vielä tilkan viiniä? laugh

lmao

Sometimes, I am standing there watching the band (Edinburgh, Glasgow, Bristol), imagining Ari next to me with that big grin on his face and dancing along. I have been laughing (and dancing whenever possible) SO MUCH on this tour but I know we would have laughed even more so with beautiful soul & free spirit ARI physically around.

Also, it's great to see that there are so many crazy adults around. Let the grey and bitter faces stay where they are!!!! Let's have fun while we can!! Tomorrow everything can be over. And I don't want to regret no having done things.

Et voilà! HAMMERSMITH ON FRIDAY, LAST GIG FOR ME!!! woohoo After that starts a new phase in all our lives. That counts for the band as well. Life won't be the same for them as before 7 weeks ago. You bet.

Hasta pronto, finlandeses!!! May you drink the Scots under the table as usual, buahahahahaaa!!!!

#43720 - Wed, 22 Apr 2009 19:59:00 Re: From Finland to Hammersmith
Feòrag NicBhrìde Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
Quote:
Originally posted by Lavaocean:
Hasta pronto, finlandeses!!! May you drink the Scots under the table as usual, buahahahahaaa!!!!
Not a chance! I practice with Norwegians, you know. viking

#43721 - Wed, 22 Apr 2009 20:03:00 Re: From Finland to Hammersmith
Craven Offline

Loc: London
Hello mate. A good pub which you can walk to from the apollo is called the Crabtree. What you need to do is walk along the river from hammersmith - theres a pathway along the Thames and you will see the pub after a 10min walk. If its a nice day you can sit outside.
Both home and away fans will freely mix there with no trouble and its a 5 minute walk (again long the same pathway) to the ground.
Start from the Appollo, and ask anyone wearing Fulham stuff (shirt or top) and you will get directions.

#43722 - Wed, 22 Apr 2009 20:05:00 Re: From Finland to Hammersmith
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I am sure we can talk about British CIDER
Please do feel free to include me in this conversation. I do know a thing or two about this subject!!! wink biglaugh

#43723 - Wed, 22 Apr 2009 20:07:00 Re: From Finland to Hammersmith
Craven Offline

Loc: London
I would love to meet you but unfortunately I travel from the other side of the ground and drink at a pub in West Brompton which, although is right next to a tube stop, isnt easy to get to from Hammersmith. If I see you at the gig, I will give you further directions - but if you find the river (directly behind the Apollo) just follow it.

#43724 - Wed, 22 Apr 2009 23:18:00 Re: From Finland to Hammersmith
mika Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Finland
Hi all!

Thanks for the replies.

Quote:
Buenos días (hyvää huomenta) Mika!

It will be good to finally meet you. Met your cousin Peppe back in Helsinki on 6th August 2005 and would have loved to see him again. Hope he is fine.
My brother Peppe is fine. I just saw him on Saturday. I tried to get him to come with us to London, but didin´t succeseed.

Quote:
Originally posted by Craven:
Hello mate. A good pub which you can walk to from the apollo is called the Crabtree. What you need to do is walk along the river from hammersmith - theres a pathway along the Thames and you will see the pub after a 10min walk. If its a nice day you can sit outside.
Thank you very much for the tip. Three of us are going to Craven cottage and rest of us ae going to Emirates.

#43725 - Thu, 23 Apr 2009 01:58:00 Re: From Finland to Hammersmith
Lavaocean Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Barcelona
Awfully sorry about the misunderstanding, Mika. banghead

Have a safe trip.