Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#42739 - Mon, 10 Nov 2008 05:46:00 Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Havocman Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: The depths of Sherwood Forest....
Anyone else going to the show in that hot bed of rock n' roll, Bournemouth? wink

#42740 - Mon, 10 Nov 2008 06:06:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
CONNY'S PIG Offline

Loc: Sunderland
Hotbed?
I thought you said it was BOUREN (see above) wink

#42741 - Tue, 11 Nov 2008 20:13:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Havocman Offline

My only excuse is that I was using the PC at home and it has a crap keyboard. Oh, and I've got dyslexic fingers. laugh

#42742 - Wed, 12 Nov 2008 03:33:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Oesterreicher II Offline

Loc: Buxham St. Deirdre
I was considering it. After all, it's one of the few venues that still has places left that aren't in a different post-code area to the stage. Plus Bournemouth has the third richest student body in the country (or so I'm told) so there could be an atmosphere (possibly of envy, emanating from me). I'm told it has a "World of Slippers", too, but that may just have been someone trying to get me excited.

Seriously, is anyone going? Bournemouth's student pedigree means it has numerous pubs, whilst its climate means that hotels and tawdry guest houses are numerous.

#42743 - Wed, 12 Nov 2008 21:54:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Havocman Offline

Mrs H and I will be in sunny Bournemouth for the weekend, combining a visit to relatives with a trip to the BIC for some musical entertainment.

Oh and there isn't a World of Slippers. However, there is a Werthers Original Land and Stannah Stair Lift City so you might still be interested, Ost II old bean.

#42744 - Wed, 12 Nov 2008 22:03:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Anonymous
Unregistered

However, there is a Werthers Original Land and Stannah Stair Lift City

I thought that was in Eastbourne!! biglaugh

#42745 - Sat, 22 Nov 2008 03:52:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
leopard print lady Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: Hampshire
I will be down in sunny (????) Bournemouth with hubby for the show in April laugh

XXXX

#42746 - Fri, 27 Mar 2009 21:28:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Dickie Offline

Loc: Uxbridge
Hi All, I'm coming down from London for gig but am not sure of the best place to park and would like to know if there is a pub nearby for meeting up beforehand. I've not been to this venue before I hope they won't object if I take a few photos?

Hope to meet up before & I'd be grateful for any advice etc.

#42747 - Wed, 01 Apr 2009 08:18:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Cerise Offline

Loc: Bristol, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Dickie:
Hi All, I'm coming down from London for gig but am not sure of the best place to park and would like to know if there is a pub nearby for meeting up beforehand. I've not been to this venue before I hope they won't object if I take a few photos?

Hope to meet up before & I'd be grateful for any advice etc.
Hi Dickie,

I'm afraid I can't help as I've never been to Bournemouth, but someone here must have. Come on folks, anyone from the Bournemouth area who can help? smile

Cheers,
Cerise.

#42748 - Wed, 01 Apr 2009 17:16:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Havocman Offline

Sorry - missed this before. Will post at lunchtime when I've had a chance to think about the best place. It's nearly five years since I moved away from the Bournemouth area and me memories not what it was. During the war......

#42749 - Wed, 01 Apr 2009 22:00:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Havocman Offline

Right, finally got around to some lunch. wink

There are plenty of car parks in and around Bournemouth, including at the BIC. However, the BIC car park can be a nightmare to escape from after the show. Mrs H and I will use one of the "shoppers car parks" as advertised on most roads leading towards the town centre. The BIC is near the seafront and the pier so these can be useful points of reference for finding where to go.

The BIC bar is quite sizeable but, if I recall, does tend to get very busy. There aren't many pubs or bars near to the BIC so the best bet may be the Moon Under Water (a Wetherspoons) which is in the Square and is about a five minute walk from the BIC. Again, the Square should be easy to find.

As for photo's, Dickie, I'm not sure what the BIC policy is. They probably don't allow it but that doesn't seem to stop most people and I don't think in all my visits there that I have been searched.

My intention is not to log on here once the tour has started as I don't want to know anything about the show beforehand. If anyone does want to contact me about meeting etc, feel free to use my email addy as shown under my profile. If I can be of any help then let me know. On the day, I'll be the pointlessly tall git with the blue t-shirt with (surprise surprise) Havocman across the shoulders. Mrs H will be with me and she is not quite so tall!

#42750 - Wed, 01 Apr 2009 22:09:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Havocman:

I don't want to know anything about the show beforehand.
I mentioned this quite some time ago & I think, & hope, the intention is for a completely different thread to be set up where people can discuss the tour. This means those of us, including you & I can avoid this thread.

#42751 - Wed, 01 Apr 2009 22:11:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Havocman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Snashy:
Quote:
[b]

I don't want to know anything about the show beforehand.
I mentioned this quite some time ago & I think, & hope, the intention is for a completely different thread to be set up where people can discuss the tour. This means those of us, including you & I can avoid this thread. [/b]
Not sure about that, Ian, it would be too easy for something to slip through! wink

Did you get my email by the way?

#42752 - Wed, 01 Apr 2009 22:25:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Not sure about that, Ian, it would be too easy for something to slip through! wink

My 1st gig is Brum so it's possible I might hear something then. If it happens, it happens.

When did you send me an e-mail? I assume you are talking possibly to do with facebook? If you sent it recently, no. I did a blitz on deletions recently & could possibly have got rid that way. If it a facebook, let me know you are Havocman & I'll add you. Occasionally, I get one, don't recognise who it is & delete. For some weird reason I have added two - one I don't know & one is an imposter who is not who I thought it was.

#42753 - Wed, 01 Apr 2009 22:42:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Havocman Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b] Not sure about that, Ian, it would be too easy for something to slip through! wink

My 1st gig is Brum so it's possible I might hear something then. If it happens, it happens.

When did you send me an e-mail? I assume you are talking possibly to do with facebook? If you sent it recently, no. I did a blitz on deletions recently & could possibly have got rid that way. If it a facebook, let me know you are Havocman & I'll add you. Occasionally, I get one, don't recognise who it is & delete. For some weird reason I have added two - one I don't know & one is an imposter who is not who I thought it was. [/b]
Not Facebook ( yuk ) - via Googlemail. I'll resend it!

#42754 - Wed, 01 Apr 2009 22:49:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got it Pee & just replied. I sent you a facebook friend request too!!!

#42755 - Wed, 01 Apr 2009 22:50:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Anonymous
Unregistered

My spelling is really bad today - sorry PeTe!!!

#42756 - Wed, 01 Apr 2009 23:01:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Havocman Offline

Quote:
I got it Pee & just replied. I sent you a facebook friend request too!!!
Thought you were taking the p!ss here. Oh and don't have anything to do with the Facebook thing. It's got nothing to do with me and has been set up in my name by a person or persons unknown!

Now, we ought to stop hijacking this thread or Cerise will send the boys 'round......

#42757 - Thu, 02 Apr 2009 19:18:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Cerise Offline

Anyone have any suggestions for a pre-show (and/or post-show) Voxgate venue in Bournemouth?

#42758 - Thu, 02 Apr 2009 19:36:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Havocman Offline

Quote:
Right, finally got around to some lunch. wink

There are plenty of car parks in and around Bournemouth, including at the BIC. However, the BIC car park can be a nightmare to escape from after the show. Mrs H and I will use one of the "shoppers car parks" as advertised on most roads leading towards the town centre. The BIC is near the seafront and the pier so these can be useful points of reference for finding where to go.

The BIC bar is quite sizeable but, if I recall, does tend to get very busy. There aren't many pubs or bars near to the BIC so the best bet may be the Moon Under Water (a Wetherspoons) which is in the Square and is about a five minute walk from the BIC. Again, the Square should be easy to find.

As for photo's, Dickie, I'm not sure what the BIC policy is. They probably don't allow it but that doesn't seem to stop most people and I don't think in all my visits there that I have been searched.

My intention is not to log on here once the tour has started as I don't want to know anything about the show beforehand. If anyone does want to contact me about meeting etc, feel free to use my email addy as shown under my profile. If I can be of any help then let me know. On the day, I'll be the pointlessly tall git with the blue t-shirt with (surprise surprise) Havocman across the shoulders. Mrs H will be with me and she is not quite so tall!
Bump from above, Cerise. Of course others who are still local (if there are any) may have better suggestions. smile

#42759 - Thu, 02 Apr 2009 19:55:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Cerise Offline

Thanks H. Do you mean The Moon in the Square?

#42760 - Thu, 02 Apr 2009 19:56:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Cerise Offline

THE MOON IN THE SQUARE has been posted on the Voxgates page as the pre-and post-show venue for Bournemouth.

#42761 - Thu, 02 Apr 2009 20:57:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Havocman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerise:
Thanks H. Do you mean The Moon in the Square?
Bugger - the Moon Under Water is in our nearest town of Boston here in Lincolnshire. nutjob It is indeed the Moon in the Square in Bournemouth.

#42762 - Wed, 08 Apr 2009 22:10:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Havocman Offline

Ticketmaster say that tickets have been despatched. Now it's up to the wonders of the Lincolnshire Donkey Express....

#42763 - Wed, 08 Apr 2009 23:31:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
SteveW Offline
Pass level: Manager

Loc: London
Chappie and I will be at the Bournemouth show. These are the only tickets I'm still waiting for, although they are now listed as "dispatched" on the ticketmaster website.

#42764 - Mon, 20 Apr 2009 01:01:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Vince Jones Offline

Loc: Bournemouth
Hi all, this will be my first time seeing Ultravox so I'm really excited about it!
I'm a local and we will probably be parking in Upper Hinton road.
If you paste this into google maps
50.719793, -1.873539
it'll show you where it is. You can walk down the alley by the cinema into westover road and then through the gardens to the BIC. There are always spaces here and it's easy to get out of. There are a couple of bars on Westover road too.
Hope it helps!
Cheers
Vince.

#42765 - Tue, 21 Apr 2009 08:37:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
chrisf242 Offline

Loc: New Forest
This is also my first Ultravox gig and I'll do my best to get to the Voxgate as it's local to me.If you see a short bloke wearing a Kraftwerk T-shirt,that's me! wink

#42766 - Fri, 24 Apr 2009 17:46:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Havocman Offline

Won't be online after about 3.00 this afternoon so hope to see some friendly faces at the Moon in the Square on Sunday afternoon. As a reminder, I'l be the overweight, balding, tall bloke in the blue EV tee shirt with Havocman across the shoulders. Could be sat down eating which might be a problem. In which case, look out for the accountant with the poor table manners.

#42767 - Sat, 25 Apr 2009 06:32:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
alfalar plaza Offline

Loc: UK
HI All, not a prolific user of the forum so will be new to you all. Last saw the chaps on the set movement tour at southampton gaumont in 84 I think. Have been a huge fan since 81 and am really excited to be seeing them in Bournemouth. Will pop into pub to say hello and get the atmosphere going. Take care and enjoy

#42768 - Sun, 26 Apr 2009 15:30:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Mark Jardine Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Milford-on-Sea
Hi all

I'm new to posting to this forum but have been reading for a number of years.

I'm going to Ultravox tonight at the BiC and have a spare ticket in the Terrace that I'd be happy to give free to anyone who couldn't get a ticket.

Mail me if you're interested - I'm hoping to make it to the Voxgate beforehand if I get off the water from sailing early enough!

Mark

#42769 - Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:08:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Dickie Offline

Loc: Uxbridge
Hi All,

What happen with the Pub meet up I got there at 6.30 and no sign of anyone was I too late??

What a wierd gig nobody stood up until told to by Midge? that was after the 6th song Is it always like that down there.

Still nice night good gig again which did liven up alot once all up.

I have some Photos If anyone wants any of this & Hammersmith & Roundhouse Thursday. e-mail me r.price@imperial.ac.uk you can see some of my pic's over at the EY web site www.league-online.com along with a very nice article by Chi.

#42770 - Tue, 28 Apr 2009 17:54:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Havocman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dickie:
What happen with the Pub meet up I got there at 6.30 and no sign of anyone was I too late??
Mrs H and I were in the Moon in the Square from about 5.45 until 6.40 and, despite a wander around the whole pub, saw no-one. We left for the BIC as we wanted to see Anne-Marie Helder and waited in the bar there and still saw no-one. We assumed that no-one had gone to the pub and that sheer numbers meant that we couldn't see anyone in the bar or the hall. Bit of a contrast to Hammersmith. frown

#42771 - Tue, 28 Apr 2009 18:01:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Flip Martian Offline

Loc: Here
Blimey, that's a bit of a bummer... bemused

#42772 - Tue, 28 Apr 2009 18:13:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Cerise Offline

Sorry to hear that, Richard & Pete. Numbers at Voxgates will vary from town to town, depending on whether that place has any website regulars. Also it can be a bit hard to spot fellow fans if they're not wearing a UV shirt of some kind (hence the Voxgate shirts, it helps a lot!).

Richard - thanks for your email, I'll drop you a line. wink

#42773 - Tue, 28 Apr 2009 18:17:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Havocman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerise:
Sorry to hear that, Richard & Pete. Numbers at Voxgates will vary from town to town, depending on whether that place has any website regulars. Also it can be a bit hard to spot fellow fans if they're not wearing a UV shirt of some kind (hence the Voxgate shirts, it helps a lot!).
I think it may have been a mistake going to the hotbed of rock n' roll that is Bournemouth. Not too many fans of anything more outrageous than Bing Crosby down by the seaside. Also, wearing a tee shirt with Havocman on it was probably not too clever. Actually, now I remember it, there did seem to be a lot of people diving under tables......

#42774 - Tue, 28 Apr 2009 19:44:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
SteveW Offline

Chappie and I were in the pub from around 6.30 to 8 - we went round the whole pub but couldn't find anyone there for the voxgate. We sat in the comfy leather sofas near to the entrance.

We had a similar experience in Glasgow.

As for the Portsmouth voxgate, no-one has said they're going to be there except for Chappie and me!

#42775 - Tue, 28 Apr 2009 19:57:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Havocman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveW:
Chappie and I were in the pub from around 6.30 to 8 - we went round the whole pub but couldn't find anyone there for the voxgate. We sat in the comfy leather sofas near to the entrance.
We sat at one of the tables in the middle of that area, Steve, and didn't see you. I suspect one of us has got our timings wrong!

Quote:
As for the Portsmouth voxgate, no-one has said they're going to be there except for Chappie and me!
Should make life easier - enjoy the show. smile

#42776 - Tue, 28 Apr 2009 20:13:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
ianb Offline

Loc: Reading, Berks
I was there with a mate, arrived at 5, then popped to maccy d's for a quick bite. Returned at 6 and the only person i had the pleasure (?) of meeting was some local p***head who told me it was his mission to rid Bournemouth of terrorists! I was sat in the lower part by the door. How the hell did we all miss each other?!

#42777 - Tue, 28 Apr 2009 21:25:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Havocman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianb:
How the hell did we all miss each other?!
As a memory test, what was everyone wearing? I was in a blue EV tee shirt with Havocman across the shoulders.

#42778 - Tue, 28 Apr 2009 22:44:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
SteveW Offline

Quote:
I was there with a mate, arrived at 5, then popped to maccy d's for a quick bite. Returned at 6 and the only person i had the pleasure (?) of meeting was some local p***head who told me it was his mission to rid Bournemouth of terrorists! I was sat in the lower part by the door. How the hell did we all miss each other?!
Was he going on to you that he was a C U Next Tuesday? 2 of you sat right next to the main door in, the drunk guy stood up by the door rattling on for about 10 mins.

We were on the leather sofas in the middle of the the ground floor but the upper level - wearing black cos I is an old goth innit! smile

#42779 - Tue, 28 Apr 2009 23:15:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
Havocman Offline

Quote:
We were on the leather sofas in the middle of the the ground floor but the upper level - wearing black cos I is an old goth innit! smile
Think I would have recognised you, Steve, from your avatar. And I've met Chappie before so know what he looks like. I think it was just sheer bad luck that no-one found anyone else. Surely this is a perfectly good reason for another tour by the boys in the near future?

#42780 - Wed, 29 Apr 2009 00:21:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
ianb Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b] I was there with a mate, arrived at 5, then popped to maccy d's for a quick bite. Returned at 6 and the only person i had the pleasure (?) of meeting was some local p***head who told me it was his mission to rid Bournemouth of terrorists! I was sat in the lower part by the door. How the hell did we all miss each other?!
Was he going on to you that he was a C U Next Tuesday? 2 of you sat right next to the main door in, the drunk guy stood up by the door rattling on for about 10 mins.

We were on the leather sofas in the middle of the the ground floor but the upper level - wearing black cos I is an old goth innit! smile [/b]

#42781 - Wed, 29 Apr 2009 00:28:00 Re: Return to Eden - Bournemouth
ianb Offline

whoops, new to this posting lark!
I was sat in the lower part by the door ( there were 2 entrances ) had the pleasure of the local nutter at the bar and yes he was calling himself a C U next tuesday which saved me a job, i just agreed with him! Was shocked when he tried to accuse me of being a terrorist, those who met me at the Bristol voxgate would understand why! Gonna chang my name now to Osama Bin Giggin'!!