Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#41248 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 00:44:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
leggylady Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Edinburgh, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Dex:
still can't say if I'll go to the Citrus afterwards though,I'll definitely need convincing! :rolleyes:
Think there are 3 or 4 of us who are unconvinced on the citrus front Dex.... you can join us in the pub for a natter! wink

#41249 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 02:36:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
CONNY'S PIG Offline

Loc: Sunderland
Quote:
Originally posted by leggylady:
Quote:
[b]still can't say if I'll go to the Citrus afterwards though,I'll definitely need convincing! :rolleyes:
Think there are 3 or 4 of us who are unconvinced on the citrus front Dex.... you can join us in the pub for a natter! wink [/b]
Oh aye, what's wrong with the Citrus Club then. I've heard good reports about it. If it's naff then I might have to reconsider my post-gig plans. frown

#41250 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 02:46:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
CONNY'S PIG Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sleepwalker:
I'm up for meeting at the Mosque Kitchen for around 1pm on the 10th...great nosh for 3.50...can't be beaten there on price & it's the real deal in curry...c'mon pigster ye knaw ye want to! wink
Well that depends on what time our limo reaches Edinburgh, Mr Don. Jeeves had better put his foot down if there's proper curry up fer grabs. Mind you, a dinnat wanna be responsible fer gettin the Playhoose evacuated when me 'Ass-Gas' fills the air. shocked Reapeth the wildeth windeth indeed, I hear you say. Me life wouldny be worth livin' when the masses get their mitts on fat owld piggy. frown

But al probleez throw caution titha wind and neck a porshun regardless. Paper plated ye say, eh. Nowts tha bother me owld son. Efta Piggy's visited the mosque, owld Mo will want his photie tekkin wi' the pig to put on his wall. He'll be rubbin' showlders with the conno-sir of all things ruby.......Mr Conny's Pig! laugh

Ah well, one o' clock it is then. laugh

#41251 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 04:35:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Sleepwalker Offline

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
Quote:
Originally posted by CONNY'S PIG:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]still can't say if I'll go to the Citrus afterwards though,I'll definitely need convincing! :rolleyes:
Think there are 3 or 4 of us who are unconvinced on the citrus front Dex.... you can join us in the pub for a natter! wink [/b]
Oh aye, what's wrong with the Citrus Club then. I've heard good reports about it. If it's naff then I might have to reconsider my post-gig plans. frown [/b]
There's nothing wrong with the Citrus club.
Paul & Pip, Chappie, Si-W, AK, Steve A etc etc can tell you what to expect. There is no substitute for an aftershow shindig than the club. If 3 or 4 peeps do not want to go then fine. Ash take it from yer pal...you'll like alright, you don't have to take my word for it, just ask the others that have been. let people make up their own minds. Flyers will probably be printed out for this & playlists will be arranged to suit the crowd on the night, although excellent anyway

If people are concerned about not being able to have a chinwag, then you can stay within the confines of the bar area where you can hear fine no problem.
cool

#41252 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 04:51:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
CONNY'S PIG Offline

Nae problem then. Al trust ya judgement squire.
Also, are me eyes playin' tricks on uz...or are ya now known as SHEEPwalker (see above) confused2

#41253 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 04:59:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Si_W Offline

Loc: UK
The Citrus Club is fine, nice music and a decent crowd from my one visit there. Spent some time dancing with a nice young lady as well, so it can't be all bad...

#41254 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 05:27:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
StrangerWithin Offline

Loc: in exile
I don't know the Citrus Club so can't really comment but if you like clubbing etc I'm sure it is a suitable venue.

But for us I'm considering that we may well be knackered after the travelling so unlikely to want to wander far afield from our hotel after the gig. We're planning a day of sightseeing and shopping before travelling over to Glasgow the next day so best not to be too hung over either! I want to enjoy the gig with a clear head and nothing dulled by alcohol and afterwards I want to still be hearing the music replaying in my head .. my high will come from Ultravox....so for me hearing any other music afterwards has less of an appeal.....only want to hear Ultravox!

I may sound like an unsociable sod but it really is nothing personal to the company or choice of venue! Its just me being me! Sorry...

And having said all that if my teenage daughter decides she wants to go to the post gig shindig then we will...

#41255 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 05:32:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Chappie Offline
Congratulations on your 1,000th post!

Loc: Nah, Luton Airport
You can't beat the Citrus club for a good drop of fun, booze and a kicking eighties disco.

It's well worth popping along even for a short while. As for hangovers.... That's probably why the Scots do the best brekkie in the land!!

See you all there.

Chappie. cool

#41256 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 08:51:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
leggylady Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheepwalker:
There's nothing wrong with the Citrus club.
There is no substitute for an aftershow shindig than the club. If 3 or 4 peeps do not want to go then fine. Ash take it from yer pal...you'll like alright, you don't have to take my word for it, just ask the others that have been. let people make up their own minds.
If people are concerned about not being able to have a chinwag, then you can stay within the confines of the bar area where you can hear fine no problem.
cool
Calm doon will ye, crikey.... you on commission or something? Taken out shares in the Citrus?
"let people make up their own minds"..... exactly, we're not sheep..... if we don't want to go, we won't go. I didn't say I WASN'T going, I said previously that I'd prefer to have a natter. "Stay in the bar area"... the bar area has a total of about 3 stools... and you have to pay a fiver for the privelidge to get in. Why bother? that's all I'm saying. Being realistic, I asked who dances anyway.... the only person who danced the last time was DavyB. Everyone else TRIED to talk and make conversation struggling to talk over the music.... well it's a club it's to be expected!

Anyway.... I'm happy to see what happens on the night. smile

#41257 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 16:21:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Llais Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: Llandybie, S W Wales
I think I may have a solution smile

The pre gig meet seems to be sorted - I'll be there about 6 pm.
After the main event, why not meet in a pub (somewhere between the venue and Citrus) for one, have a chin wag etc, then those who want to go to the Citrus (me included - I don't get to Edinburgh very often, so I want to cram as much in as possible!) toodle off for a night of clubbing, while everyone else stays at the pub, or back to hotels etc. :p

Just a suggestion .................

#41258 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 18:25:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Rodney Offline

Loc: Dunedin, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by CONNY'S PIG:
Nae problem then. Al trust ya judgement squire.
Also, are me eyes playin' tricks on uz...or are ya now known as SHEEPwalker (see above) confused2
Just as well he's not Australian then, Ash, otherwise he'd be known as SHEEP***ker! eek Oi! Oi! Oi! nervouslaugh

#41259 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 19:13:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
leggylady Offline

Martin, I like that idea.... I'm sure most will think it's too complicated or I'm being awkward though.

#41260 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 20:08:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
SteveW Offline
Pass level: Manager

Loc: London
The bar in my hotel (now Apex City rather than the International) is close to the Citrus club so we could pop there after the show.

#41261 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 20:17:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Llais Offline

I really don't have any idea of the layout of Edinburgh Town Centre, or distances between venues etc. so I'm happy to go with the flow.

I suppose I want the best of both worlds - having never met anyone from the forum, it will be great to have a few beers and a chat after the gig, but think I'll be on such a 'high' I won't want the night to end (even though I fly back at 7am on the Saturday!!!).

I'm really keen to experience the Citrus, as I've heared so much about it on this site, and who knows when the next opportunity will arise.

I'm also going to Birmingham and Cardiff, so will no doubt meet a few of you there too, but the opening night will be special, and I really want to make the most of it!

#41262 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 20:44:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Dex Offline
Pass level: Manager

Loc: Edinburgh
Yeah,have been to Citrus tonnes of times previously,but that was BEFORE they added the rubbish 90's mince to a perfect recipe.To be honest, Brian and Norman should have stuck to the original formula as everyone liked it.If it ain't broke don't fix! Don,if you've a playlist for the night in the Citrus excellent!!! As long as there's a 90's by-pass in order,should be ok!!! smile

#41263 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 20:53:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Sleepwalker Offline

Quote:
Quote:
No need for me to calm down Helen, like i said "let people make up their own minds"
Nobody is forcing anyone to go anywhere.
The Citrus club is merely an extention of the evenings entertainment with the genre / body of music that's played in the club on a Friday night.
and entry is free up until 11pm wink

You'll be hard pushed to get a seat in a boozer anywhere in the capital at that time on a Friday night! eek

All I'm doing here is trying to help out by informing the punters on here where to go after the gig if they want to, if they don't want to then fine...jeezo man! :rolleyes:

Dex, I take it you've not been in a while mate, yeah they play some 90's tunes, but remember the majority of the tunes played in there are primarily 80s tunes, they will play stuff like Depeche Mode, New Order etc etc from their 90s catalogue. No DJ will hand out a playlist in advance, that's just daft! The 90's were not that bad squire.

The club has been packed out every Friday for the last three weeks, so Norm & Brian must be doing something right.

If you don't want to go, then don't go...simple as that cool

#41264 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 21:14:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Llais:
having never met anyone from the forum, it will be great to have a few beers and a chat and I really want to make the most of it!
These are my sentiments too Martin 100%. Although I did meet Cerise many years ago at a Midge gig but she won't remember me. I may even have met other members elsewhere without realising it. Will be an interesting time.

#41265 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 21:21:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Anonymous
Unregistered

If I was going to the Edinburgh gig, I'm not sure I could go the Citrus Club. One of my BP tablets has been changed, It says on the packet "Avoid eating grapefruits or drinking grapefruit juice". Grapefruit being a citrus fruit & all that!!! Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood here. Ok, I'll get me coat!! wink

#41266 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 21:34:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is our Sleepy having an identity crisis today? confused roflmao

#41267 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 21:48:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Jojo Offline

Loc: liverpool
I've just thought on...and nobody shout at me frown
Friday 10 April is Good Friday, aren't there restrictions in the licensing laws re: the sale of alcohol after a certain time in clubs or am I being a gimp confused I'll get back to work now and research the Licensing Act 2005. confused2

#41268 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:01:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't forget to put that mask on - GIMP!!! roflmao

#41269 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:12:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
StrangerWithin Offline

Having had a disturbing dream where everything that could delay our travelling up to Edinburgh on the friday did so we still hadn't even got to Crewe station by 5.45pm my main and only concern now is to make sure we are at the gig itself! Its what its all about after all!
Anything else is just a matter of personal preference and flexible...as Don says we know the options but wherever we go on a friday night its going to be busy. I think we need to play it by ear on the night....
Yes its good friday unfortunately so travel could well be more of a hassle. No idea on licensing but Scotland doesn't have all the same bank holidays anyway....and at midnight it'll cease to be good friday.

#41270 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:16:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
1.Outside Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Or the same licensing laws, as I understand it.

#41271 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:19:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Amethyst:

Yes its good friday unfortunately so travel could well be more of a hassle.
I'd advise checking out things like engineering works for that period. They seem to use this as a favourite time.

#41272 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:19:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Jojo Offline

Thanks Snash, I'll just put this on!! eek

#41273 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:20:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Anonymous
Unregistered

nervouslaugh

#41274 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:23:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Jojo:

Thanks Snash, I'll just put this on!! eek
& now - introducing the newest Slipknot member!!
That's classic. roflmao

#41275 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:36:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
StrangerWithin Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Snashy:
Quote:
[b]
Yes its good friday unfortunately so travel could well be more of a hassle.
I'd advise checking out things like engineering works for that period. They seem to use this as a favourite time. [/b]
Well engineering works are normally at weekends......we'll be hit by it on the sunday travelling back. Being easter has affected our fares too. Anyway I'd rather not bring engineering works into the equation for the journey up thank you....I need to believe that despite a daft dream we'll make it in time! Journey home will be a hassle but that won't bother me so much as long as I've had two nights of Ultravox heaven first!

1 Outside, Jojo.....yes licencing laws are different in Scotland but for a club in Edinburgh it being a bank holiday isn't going to make a difference to their license I'm sure.....just means more folk clubbing probably.

PS Jojo....that picture is truly horrible lol....nearly as bad as the image of Hannibal Lector that came into my head when I saw it lol! shock wink

#41276 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:41:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Snashy:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Amethyst:
[qb]
Well engineering works are normally at weekends......
& bank holiday periods too including Easter!! There was a big fiasco the other year about Xmas/New Year ones over-running.

#41277 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:46:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
StrangerWithin Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Snashy:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Amethyst:
[qb]
Well engineering works are normally at weekends......
& bank holiday periods too including Easter!! There was a big fiasco the other year about Xmas/New Year ones over-running. [/b]
Snash....there are times when silence is golden lol! I don't have the money to book an additional night in the hotel and travel up the day before so I have no option but to think positive......don't need anything else to worry about ! wink

#41278 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:48:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was actually only trying to help. Sorry it wasn't appreciated. I won't bother in future.

#41279 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:51:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Sleepwalker Offline

Jo, PSML lmao

Yup, most of the pubs are either 12am or 1am...clubs are 3am & during the Festival maybe as late as 5am!!!

Whatever we do, the fact is we'll all be going to see ULTRAVOX...Kick on!

#41280 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 23:00:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
StrangerWithin Offline

Quote:
I was actually only trying to help. Sorry it wasn't appreciated. I won't bother in future.
Snash...I know you were.....I'd have thought the lol and wink were a bit of a clue to my tone/mood........don't take me so seriously! I wasn't having a go at you! And on a practical note I'll be checking out for rail problems nearer the time anyway...being a relatively sensible soul!

#41281 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 23:02:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Llais Offline

Well said Shoppy - calm is restored lurve

Trying to sort out my timings - Gig ends at about 11ish I would suspect, swift pint and chinwag in the boozer, Citrus by 12ish, back to the hotel by 3, sleep 'till 5, taxi to airport, home to bed laugh

Can't Wait, I'm like a big kid waiting for Christmas :rolleyes:

#41282 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 23:11:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Jojo Offline

I'll take the gimp mask off now!!! Finding it hard to breathe. nervouslaugh

#41283 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 23:13:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Sleepwalker Offline

Sheepy, Shoppy...Sleepy! excited

#41284 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 23:21:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
1.Outside Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Quote:
Originally posted by Shopworker:
during the Festival maybe as late as 5am!!!
Aye, I had my 'stag do' in Edinburgh at the time of the Festival (please accept my apologies). What a time was had by all. Being poor saxons, we couldn't quite understand why we were still being allowed into clubs at 4am! Fantastic.

The only thing that kind of brought the whole weekend down was Princess Diana getting killed in a car crash...

#41285 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 23:22:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Llais Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jojo:
I'll take the gimp mask off now!!! Finding it hard to breathe. nervouslaugh
I found it strangely attractive eek

#41286 - Thu, 05 Mar 2009 23:36:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
StrangerWithin Offline

Quote:

I'm so excited & i just can't hide it! excited
Know the feeling lol! April is going to be one helluva month and can't believe I'm going to go to see Ultravox six times! Kind of makes up for all the ones I didn't get to way back! excited

#41287 - Fri, 06 Mar 2009 00:51:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hang on - why has everyone suddenly started to change their user name? confused Going to be hard working out who was who, when, where, what.....the f***ing hell am I blathering about?!!! nutjob

I'm keeping my name though. wink

#41288 - Fri, 06 Mar 2009 01:06:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
StrangerWithin Offline

Quote:
Hang on - why has everyone suddenly started to change their user name? confused
I think Don started it.....at least we haven't changed our avatars too.......yet!

Shipsinker! biglaugh You trying to tell us something there!? wink

#41289 - Fri, 06 Mar 2009 01:21:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore:
[QBat least we haven't changed our avatars too.......yet!

Shipsinker! biglaugh You trying to tell us something there!? wink [/QB]
Avatar changes I can handle - it's the names!!!

SHIPSINKER = S***STINKER. Waddaya think?
wink

#41290 - Fri, 06 Mar 2009 01:24:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mind you, a gimpmasked Jojo would be quite funny, accompanied by an appropriate name - Madame Jojo!!! S***, I just know I'm going to get in trouble for that one!!! laugh

#41291 - Fri, 06 Mar 2009 01:34:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Sleepwalker Offline

Ian,

Get that filthy mind o' your's oot the guutter squire nutjob

#41292 - Fri, 06 Mar 2009 01:40:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Anonymous
Unregistered

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Shipsinker:
<strong> Ian,

Get that filthy mind o' your's oot the guutter squire roflmao

#41293 - Fri, 06 Mar 2009 01:41:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Jojo Offline

Quote:
Mind you, a gimpmasked Jojo would be quite funny, accompanied by an appropriate name - Madame Jojo!!! S***, I just know I'm going to get in trouble for that one!!! laugh
You naughty little boy Snashy...you will be reprimanded for that remark at Hammersmith nutjob

#41294 - Fri, 06 Mar 2009 01:42:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh bugger - don't look at the facebook gift I sent you!!! May have inadvertently double-entendred!! shocked

#41295 - Fri, 06 Mar 2009 22:23:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
david L. Offline

Loc: oxfordshire
Quote:
Originally posted by david L.:
Quote:
[b] I'm up for meeting at the Mosque Kitchen for around 1pm on the 10th...great nosh for 3.50...can't be beaten there on price & it's the real deal in curry...c'mon pigster ye knaw ye want to! wink
I'll be there . I just suggested an earlier time because I seem to remember it closing for half an hour or so for prayers around 1pm ? ( and closing for longer on Fridays ) [/b]
is anyone able to confirm/deny/check the opening times of the Mosque Kitchen ?

#41296 - Fri, 06 Mar 2009 23:30:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b] I'm up for meeting at the Mosque Kitchen for around 1pm on the 10th...great nosh for 3.50...can't be beaten there on price & it's the real deal in curry...c'mon pigster ye knaw ye want to! wink
I'll be there . I just suggested an earlier time because I seem to remember it closing for half an hour or so for prayers around 1pm ? ( and closing for longer on Fridays ) [/b]
is anyone able to confirm/deny/check the opening times of the Mosque Kitchen ? [/b]
Basic details, location, map and opening times of the restaurant can be found through the link here .

smile

#41297 - Mon, 09 Mar 2009 02:35:00 Re: Return To Eden - Edinburgh.
rik Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: northern ireland
hi,i'm new on here and heading to the edinburgh gig.
where is everyone meeting up before the gig then?
would be great to meet some other fans.

rik.....

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >