Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#4061 - Wed, 26 Apr 2006 04:25:00 Trinity's Ghost - metamatics
birdsong Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: southampton
This could easily confuse a stupid person...

On the 12" single of Free Robot by Metamatics there are three tracks
1. FREE ROBOT 12" version
2. TRINITY'S GHOST (John Foxx remix)
3. FREE ROBOT Radio edit version

BUT

'Trinity's Ghost' IS THE SAME TRACK as previously entitled '4am on Spectre Canal - John Foxx remix' which appeared on Music 4 Heroes.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?
Have I labelled something incorrectly?
Am I missing the point?
Perhaps I'm right...?

#4062 - Wed, 26 Apr 2006 21:08:00 Re: Trinity's Ghost - metamatics
Shadow Man Offline

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
As far as I know "4 am on spectre canal" is the name of the original version from Metamatics.
"Trinity's ghost" is the name of the remix of 4am... done by John ( which sounds A LOT BETTER than the Original - for my opinion). wink

#4063 - Thu, 27 Apr 2006 03:36:00 Re: Trinity's Ghost - metamatics
birdsong Offline

Loc: southampton
Thanks Andreas, but I'm still confused.
"4am on Spectre Canal" is a downbeat electronic piece by Metamatics that was recently released in its 'original' form on the NildroHain EP. The version on Music For Heroes with which we are more familar IS the John Foxx Remix which he did as part of the FM 'Ready Steady Remix' project (at the same time as Metamatics remixxed She Robot so brilliantly).

"Trinity's Ghost" from the Free Robot single (Duke140DJV) seems to me to be THE SAME SONG as 4am on Spectre Canal(John Foxx Remix) that appears on Music For Heroes 3 (Duke 129CD)
Does anyone have this, btw? - it has an interesting tracklisting.

We will agree to differ about which version of '4am' is better tho. wink Its like trying to compare apples with oranges.
Each suits a different listening environment.

Are there any other songs bearing the 'remixed by John Foxx' tag?
I think it would be cool to hear some more of John and Louis doing this kind of thing...

#4064 - Thu, 27 Apr 2006 21:26:00 Re: Trinity's Ghost - metamatics
Shadow Man Offline

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
You are right Martin - it is exact the same song.
I think at the time "music for heroes" was released the remix had no name. The Free robot single by Metamatics was released some month later - so I think Lee Norris ( Metamatics) made the decision for the name of the remix at that time...
This would be the only explanation for me...
BTW: Trinity's ghost have not a lot to do with 4 am on spectre canal - it sounds more a real John Foxx track.
But you can say the same for Free robot - She robot. I prefer John's versions. Only my opinion.

#4065 - Mon, 29 May 2006 00:57:00 Re: Trinity's Ghost - metamatics
Valeriun Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by birdsong:
Music For Heroes 3 (Duke 129CD)
Does anyone have this, btw? - it has an interesting tracklisting.
It is a nice sampler for those who are into IDM and electro. I ordered it from the Hydrogen Dukebox website (www.hydrogendukebox.com) just recently, it cost me only a quid! excited

As a special offer Music for heroes 1, 2 & 3 are sold for a pound a piece off the shop on the HD website, I think they still have copies left.