Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Current Ultravox promotional banner, click here for exclusive bundles

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#40417 - Tue, 12 May 2009 02:42:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Lavaocean Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Barcelona
Quote:
Originally posted by mika:
Greetings from Finland!

(...) Maybe I was little shy and quiet, but please forgive me, as I was born deep in the forests and I use to get little reserved in a crowd. (Or maybe it was the consequence after five days of drinking...)

(...) I enjoyed meeting Ari's friends from all over; Ari was the boy from next door that I grow up with and my best friend since we were around 5 years. (...)
Hola Mika,

I am quite angry with myself for not making my way through to you guys at the Voxgate. Was it you who brought the reindeer that was hanging out of Rob's pocket? Can I have one of those as well...? smile

However, today - by coincidence - I found this on youtube (I am still extremely perplex about it). You will be pleased to know that after the song, John Elen shouted the same, and so did Don at Hammersmith. Which means from now on (and FOREVER, provided the respective recording was complete), Ari will be on ALL bootlegs from Edinburgh and Hammersmith 2009.

Useless to say that I cried like a magdalena throughout the whole song (1). Thanks to John and Steve for just "being there". Real gentlemen!

Will be looking forward to seeing you at the next possible Ultravox show. Regards to Peppe, your brother. Ari will never ever be forgotten. "Friends forever". He made us promise it to him, taking our hands, before he set off after San Juan. "No matter what happens." smile

Edinburgh Playhouse 10 April 2009 (2)

No matter what happens.

(1) Spanish expression, literally translated; magdalenas don't cry, of course; they are dunked into tea and, by doing so, evoke a memory from the past.

(2) For those who don't know: this song was Ari's funeral music on 6 Aug 2005. Esa made a 20 minute loop for the ceremony. Evidently, it is difficult to nowadays listen to it with "just" the 1982/1983 connotation. Even Lisa, who is no UV fan, gets shivers down her spine at the sound of it.

#40418 - Fri, 22 May 2009 02:18:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
mika Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Finland
Hello Isabel

Yes it was us who brouoght the reindeer for Cerise. Little suovinier from Finland. excited

It is difficult to listen Visions in blue for me too. When I saw the video clip were someone shouted Ari's name it was little weird or something, but thanks to you, now I understand what you and Ari's friends mean and I have a good feeling because now I know that we will always remember our friend.

See you soon! Hopefully Ultravox keeps on touring a long long time!
mexican mexican mexican

#40419 - Thu, 28 May 2009 00:07:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Lavaocean Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Barcelona
Yes, it was a fantastic resurrection and let's hope they are all hooked now and want to do further concerts!! It was incredible!!

I have now also seen your photo in the media archive (thanks to Cerise's endless dedication and efforts). So NOW I know what you look like!!

Btw, it was me who shouted. The filming person must have been extremely close...

Greetings from Southern Europe! smile

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5