Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#40267 - Wed, 08 Apr 2009 13:10:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Kitty Purrington Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Oslo, Norway
I got my confirmation email for the Voxgate Hammersmith tickets just the other day, as did my friend in Norway. We are all very excited! viking (Crazy Vikings, LOL)

#40268 - Thu, 09 Apr 2009 03:01:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Lynne Offline
Pass level: Manager

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Flip Martian:
weird, could've sworn I posted in here yesterday. Anyway, a friend of mine tells me I'm coming (more organised than me...);
that would be me, you're welcome! wink

#40269 - Thu, 09 Apr 2009 15:05:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Flip Martian Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Here
Quote:
Originally posted by Lynne:
Quote:
Originally posted by Flip Martian:
[b] weird, could've sworn I posted in here yesterday. Anyway, a friend of mine tells me I'm coming (more organised than me...);
that would be me, you're welcome! wink [/b]
biglaugh

See you guys in a couple of weeks! smile

#40270 - Thu, 09 Apr 2009 18:40:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Kitty Purrington:
I got my confirmation email for the Voxgate Hammersmith tickets just the other day, as did my friend in Norway. We are all very excited! viking (Crazy Vikings, LOL)
We shall meet at last. wink

#40271 - Thu, 09 Apr 2009 18:41:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice to see you're still as mad as a box of frogs Kari!!! biglaugh

#40272 - Thu, 16 Apr 2009 06:02:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
leggylady Offline

Loc: Edinburgh, UK
Hiya folks.....
a wee question...... I hadn't any intention of going to this gig, but I'm now looking into it. Obviously as numbers are limited for the official pre-gig and tix are already distributed for those limited numbers.... is there another/ alternate meet up? Has anything else been arranged?

#40273 - Thu, 16 Apr 2009 06:27:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
MickeH Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: Stockholm, Sweden
It's getting closer, and we're leaving for London, England next tuesday and we're a bit nervous as we haven't recieved any tickets yet... bemused

Could it be that one of those polar bears famous for walking the streets of Stockholm (at least that's what US tourists are looking for lmao ) had the mailman for lunch?

Or did one of santas reindeers eat up the letter itself? (Yes, the US tourists are looking for them too, promise! roflmao

with love and expectation from the Capital of viking viking viking

#40274 - Thu, 16 Apr 2009 07:08:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Cerise Offline

Loc: Bristol, UK
Hi Micke,

The tickets were mostly sent out from Edinburgh last Thursday, so they should - hopefully - reach you on time. If not, don't worry - you will be receiving an email with the venue details and your ticket number(s) shortly, just bring this confirmation with you. We'll have a list of confirmed guests on the door.

Cheers!
Cerise, Rob & Paul.

#40275 - Fri, 17 Apr 2009 15:58:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Paul Cook Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Orpington, England.
Little worried that its now Friday and I still have not received tickets or email.

#40276 - Fri, 17 Apr 2009 17:06:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Paul,

No need to be worried - all tickets that were applied for using a UK address are being sent out by first class post tonight.

Regards,

Cerise, Rob and Paul

#40277 - Sat, 18 Apr 2009 19:26:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Emulator Offline

Loc: New Malden, Surrey, UK
Duly received this morning. I've a spare ticket if anyone wants it. Drop me a private message here
and I'll meet you outside the bar.

Ps the bar is about halfway between Hammersmith and Goldhawk Road tube stations on the Hammersmith & City Line. One of the stations is named as 'Hammersmith' on the ticket map but is actually Goldhawk Road.

#40278 - Sat, 18 Apr 2009 21:29:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
leggylady Offline

Hi Emulator.... I'm trying to get down from Edinburgh for the Hammersmith gig and would really appreciate your spare voxgate ticket. You don't have your email activated, so have posted here.

#40279 - Sun, 19 Apr 2009 02:25:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Emulator Offline

Hi! No problem. I've just dropped you an email.
Cheers!

#40280 - Sun, 19 Apr 2009 04:57:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Klara Offline

Loc: Sweden
Hi, just wanted you to know the Voxgatetickets arrived to Stockholm, Sweden the 16th to me.
Yoohoo see you soon! kiss

#40281 - Sun, 19 Apr 2009 05:06:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Mr Normall Offline

Loc: Finland
leggylady : check this .
-------
Edit 20.4.2009: TICKET SOLD.

#40282 - Sun, 19 Apr 2009 08:17:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Cerise Offline

Hi Emulator, hi Helen. Sorry to be a pain, but Voxgate tickets were strictly first come first served and we had to turn away over 150 people because there simply isn't the space for more than 200. If you have a spare Al, it really ought to go to someone who applied but didn't get one. smile

If you could please let me know the spare ticket number privately to ev@Ultravox.org.uk and bring it with you on Friday, we'll make sure it goes to the next person on the list. Thank you.

Cheers both,
Cerise.

#40283 - Sun, 19 Apr 2009 10:19:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
leggylady Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerise:
Voxgate tickets were strictly first come first served
Yeah, except when it's for someone you think should have a ticket eh Cerise?

Quote:
Hi Natalie,

Don't worry, I already put one by for you as I knew you'd want to come, but weren't around to drop us a line. I just sent you an email.

Cheers,
Cerise.
So for all of those who requested 2 tickets, are all of their +1s named? If Al chose to take his brother say instead of his wife (if she'd dropped out and something cropped up), would you be refusing them entry?

To be honest I think having a ticketed event where you've had to turn away 150 people is just daft, I thought the whole point in the voxgate was that EVERYONE was supposed to be included.
You're right I didn't attempt to request a ticket (not much point if there's a waiting list of over 150 who might be "next on the list") I do have 2 children under the age of 5 and a husband who works 72 hours a week.... I hadn't any idea it was remotely possible I would be able to go..... we can't all plan months in advance.

It's absolutely fine..... I want to tell you to stick your voxgate, but I won't, I'll simply say I hope you all have a lovely time!

EDIT: I already asked previously on the thread but it was ignored.... has anyone arranged an alternative meet up for the 150+ folk who won't get into the "official" voxgate?

#40284 - Mon, 20 Apr 2009 05:57:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
caz_dublin Offline

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
I think a second voxgate is a good idea Helen! smile I handed back my two voxgate tickets for two reasons really - I was meeting friends and wasnt sure of timescale I'd have and didnt wanna waste tickets. But I handed them back mainly because I didnt like the exclusive nature of the 'official' voxgate. I am sure it will be a very good evening - however I just felt bad for those who didnt get the tickets and so I handed my tickets back in the hopes that someone who really wanted to go - say a new member to the forum - could go and meet everyone.

This, of course, is just my personal opinion and what made me feel better. As a fan from outside the UK, the voxgate is a great way of meeting other fans. I have been to many voxgates and I have always had soo much craic with everyone and felt so welcomed - I have made many good friends through the medium also. It was always said when a voxgate was advertised that anyone was welcome and this time I feel this welcoming atmosphere is gone. I am totally aware that the size of the venue is the reason for restrictions but maybe some adjustments could have been made to allow everyone to go...I will say hello to those I do see at the gig - if they still want to say hello that is... :rolleyes:

I dont wish to cause an argument at all - I very rarely express an opinion on here so I hope it will be taken as only an opinion and not a provocation. I am sure it will be probably be ignored too though which is often what happens to me! LOL nervouslaugh

I hope everyone has a great time at the voxgate, and send all my best to Monument who will definitely get the vibe going for the gig. I hope the evening goes really well and lots of new fans get to meet each other. laugh wink

#40285 - Mon, 20 Apr 2009 06:49:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Emulator Offline

Great idea but could a venue be organised at such short notice? What's the waiting list like numbers-wise at the moment?

#40286 - Mon, 20 Apr 2009 07:48:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Oesterreicher II Offline

Loc: Buxham St. Deirdre
Given the likely huge interest in this particular gig, it was perhaps inevitable that any event, even if only semi-formally organised would, if advertised, attract a huge number of people. I'm nowt to do with the organisation, running or anything else of such things (and just as well, too, probably) but I'm hard pressed to see just how it might otherwise be possible to prevent any pre-arranged event becoming swamped, albeit in a good-natured and enthusiastic manner, in a flood of attendees. If a list of "lucky winners" is selected in order of application, then I guess that it's fairest and most equitable to allocate any cancellations to those next on the list. It's not ideal, perhaps, but is there a better system? Once horse-trading in tickets starts it could, potentially become less fair and even less ideal.

I applied for a ticket with the understanding - even the expectation - that I might well not get one. Were I in that unlucky camp, then I'd certainly be looking to a second meet to fill the need. I don't know the pubs in that area but Wetherspoons can often be very useful: they're often well-sized and the proper beer is usually cheaper. (I believe other drinks also are available. Not sure why.) Some will even put aside an area for party use if contacted in advance. Whatever, once but a few are gathered in their name, then surely shall conversation start and a Voxgate be declared.

#40287 - Mon, 20 Apr 2009 08:00:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Sleepwalker Offline

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
Either your going or your not?...end of!
This event was advertised well in advance, hope to see you guys there...if not, see you in there amongst the 'throng' nutjob

Thanks Caz for the comments re Monument wink

Erm...Osty ll are you coming along to the above event???

It seems a shame that people seem to kick off about not 'getting in' because they decide to go a WEEK before the gig! :rolleyes:

#40288 - Mon, 20 Apr 2009 09:43:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
leggylady Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sleepwalker:
Either your going or your not?...end of!
This event was advertised well in advance
Don, What are you talking about? We're talking about trying to arrange a parallel meet up for those who are NOT going!
Yes, it was advertised in advance.... but there were always going to be 150 people missing out, regardless of how quickly the requests were made... that would only decide WHICH 150.

EDIT: oh you've altered your post! I hadn't realised you were so two faced.... that's not what you were saying on the phone this afternoon.... step away from the bottle mate, put it down!

Quote:
It seems a shame that people seem to kick off about not 'getting in' because they decide to go a WEEK before the gig!

#40289 - Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:04:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Sleepwalker Offline

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
Quote:
Originally posted by leggylady:
Quote:
[b] Either your going or your not?...end of!
This event was advertised well in advance
Don, What are you talking about? We're talking about trying to arrange a parallel meet up for those who are NOT going!
Yes, it was advertised in advance.... but there were always going to be 150 people missing out, regardless of how quickly the requests were made... that would only decide WHICH 150.

EDIT: oh you've altered your post! I hadn't realised you were so two faced.... that's not what you were saying on the phone this afternoon.... step away from the bottle mate, put it down!

Quote:
It seems a shame that people seem to kick off about not 'getting in' because they decide to go a WEEK before the gig!
[/b]
Get a grip eh & put your dummy back in ok...good luck in getting to London

#40290 - Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:34:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
leggylady Offline

Quote:
Get a grip eh & put your dummy back in ok...good luck in getting to London
Oh dear, this is such a shame. If you bother to read back up the thread I asked 3 days before I was OFFERED a Voxgate ticket, if another meet up had been arranged. I hadn't intended on asking for a Voxgate ticket, and nor have I. I'm really, genuinely not bothered mate. I haven't "kicked off", thrown a strop or "spat my dummy out". I know you said on the phone that the comment It seems a shame that people seem to kick off about not 'getting in' because they decide to go a WEEK before the gig! wasn't directed at me, but 8 or 9 others who have tried to get tickets from you... however, since I'm the only person on the thread who has decided to go to the gig with only a week to go, the only way I can interpret it is as a dig at me. (You know my circumstances, which is what makes it below the belt!) I know you expressed some concern that if another "unoffical" voxgate is arranged some folk who have tickets might not go to the official one. If folk have tickets, they will go, you really don't need to worry about this at all. I just think we should have the opportunity to meet up too! why shouldn't we?
I really don't want to post this here and clog up the thread, but I'm not going to be shouted, cursed and sworn at again. If you don't like what I have to say, you can lump it!

#40291 - Mon, 20 Apr 2009 22:04:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
davox Offline

Loc: Germany
Tickets for the Voxgate Hammersmith arrived on Friday woohoo Excitement without end!

#40292 - Mon, 20 Apr 2009 23:04:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Cerise Offline

Right then. Helen, this wasn't a personal affront, we were just trying to be as fair as possible with the ticket allocation. I'm sure if you had been the next person on the list, you would have appreciated any attempts to be fair. However, Al tells us that he would like to name you as his +1 instead of the person he was originally going to bring, so on this one occasion we'll make an exception and say that's fine.

As for the remainder of your comments... At the point you arrange an event for 350 people from all around the world in Hammersmith on a Friday night, find a venue large enough and close enough to the Odeon and pay for it all out of your own pocket, THEN you can criticise us.

We genuinely didn't expect more than 100 people - in fact, we were completely gobsmacked at the response. We originally had hired one room for 80 people, but had to expand it to the entire venue (which took some persuading) to accommodate the 190 people that we are. It's absolutely not meant to be exclusionary, and how dare you suggest that - it's simply a matter of logistics. We couldn't find anywhere bigger that was available and close to the show (and wouldn't cost us a second mortgage).

If someone wants to arrange a meet-up for anyone we couldn't fit in - fantastic, go for it. It's open to ANYONE to do, that's the beauty of Voxgates. Anyone who wants to put the effort in is absolutely welcome to.

#40293 - Mon, 20 Apr 2009 23:14:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Ole_DK Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: Denmark
Tickets recieved for the Hammersmith Voxgate - looking foreward to see you all!!

smile

#40294 - Mon, 20 Apr 2009 23:35:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
leggylady Offline

Quote:
Right then. Helen, this wasn't a personal affront, we were just trying to be as fair as possible with the ticket allocation.
Which is fair enough, but a private email off the board would have been sufficient to draw this to our attention. Posting on the board was unneccessary, and adds to the feeling of having been the naughty school child chastised for trying to jump the queue.

As for the remainder of your comments... At the point you arrange an event for 350 people from all around the world in Hammersmith on a Friday night, find a venue large enough and close enough to the Odeon and pay for it all out of your own pocket, [b]THEN you can criticise us. [/b]
I didn't criticise you at all.... I think it's great that you have organised this event and I'm sure EVERYONE is grateful... I just think it's a shame that some folk have missed out that's all. I won't use the word excluded, as that has connotations of a deliberate act. It's just a shame that there wasn't a venue big enough, that's all.

If someone wants to arrange a meet-up for anyone we couldn't fit in - fantastic, go for it. It's open to [b]ANYONE to do, that's the beauty of Voxgates. Anyone who wants to put the effort in is absolutely welcome to. [/b]
Well that is what I was attempting to do before I was accused throwing a stropp over the ticket situation. Onwards and Upwards eh?

#40295 - Tue, 21 Apr 2009 00:03:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
scottie9uk Offline

Loc: Motherwell, Scotland
Yes can anyone with local knowledge suggest an alternative voxgate venue? I am coming down from Scotland for this too (but have missed out on official voxgate tickets) and would love to chat to some fellow Vox fans etc...can't wait, the 2 Scottish ones were fantastic....cheers John :-)

#40296 - Tue, 21 Apr 2009 01:42:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
leggylady Offline

hiya John,
I'm not familiar with the area, which is why I was asking for imput...but looking on the internet it looks like there are 2 wetherspoons pubs in Hammersmith... one 10mins walk away and one 4 mins walk (according to google maps) so how about one of those? The closest one is a Lloyds No1 (same as the Voxgate in Edinburgh).

#40297 - Tue, 21 Apr 2009 03:18:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Dmitry Offline

Loc: Moscow, Russia
looks like I will be having one spare ticket to Voxgate - anyone being late for the first round of invitations please contact uvox@proc.ru

excuse me for MY OWN choice of the one to receive it

#40298 - Tue, 21 Apr 2009 09:10:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
MidgeVox Offline

Loc: Chester, UK
Dmitri,

Excue me for saying this but you are not being fair to those who are on the reserve list. You have to remember that you are in fact a guest at a private function organised by EV itself. They would have the right to refuse you admission if you were to be awkward about the allocation of your spare ticket.

Please, consider your actions and join in the spirit along with everybody else and give someone on reseve the chance.

I only say this, not because I am/want to be going but to help you understand the cicumstances. Go on, do the right thing.

#40299 - Tue, 21 Apr 2009 19:00:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
SteveW Offline

Loc: London
My Hammy Voxgate tickets still haven't arrived frown

#40300 - Tue, 21 Apr 2009 19:33:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
SlowMo' Offline

Loc: West Sussex
Look guys - this was always going to be highly emotive, and would always have room for concerns and disagreement.. but lets try to count to ten, take a few deep breaths and put it all into perspective..

..it IS an invite to a three hour event which, by 8 o clock on Friday 24th of April will be history.. it won't matter.

..it IS NOT that important in the great scheme of things! Look around you - look into your personal lives, the lives of your family and friends, look into the news from around the world that matters to you.. look at the world globally.. I PROMISE YOU.. there will be lots of things that are more important than this!

For my part, I feel this..

* The EV people were always going to be on a loser in organising something official.. given the venue being London, given the immense interest and loyalty to the band by our friends from around the globe, it was always going to be oversubscribed.. I'm surprised that Cerise was surprised - but perhaps she, Rob and Paul were a little busy co-organising EVERYTHING!!!

* It was an extremely kind jesture to get something organised.. show me the pub, wine bar whatever in West London that could have dealt with a minimum of 190 people turning up unannounced.. I've worked in Bars - it won't be allowed for Health and Safety - people WILL be turned away!

* The only fair way to allocate the tickets for the official Vgate was in terms of order of applying.. how else? Should I get a ticket because I have been a member since 02 (and before, on the old forum), should I not get a ticket because I've posted less than a thousand times, should preference be given to those travelling from overseas, I have a ticket stub from Canterbury for the Vienna tour in 80.. does that get me a ticket over someone who saw them 10 times alone on the Set Movements tour.. It just can't be done any other way than by how soon you are able to state your interest.. and I do personally agree that the tickets should be given back to the EV crew to go to the people who were 151, 152, etc..

I got lucky, I got one - but if I'd missed out, so be it.

While I'm on my soap box.......

There are things that need to be stated on the forum, and if this thread highlighted a few concerns with the nature of the official voxgate then I think it's correct to broach them on the forum.. Private emails explaining the situation would of course work, but putting them on the forum puts the situation up there for all to see (again, I guess the EV crew are busy, so writing something once on here rather than ten times privately makes sense!)

There are things that have been put in this thread that have no need to be here.. things that have no bearing on the matter.. these are the things that need to be kept on private email threads

Come on guys - it's all good!!

#40301 - Tue, 21 Apr 2009 20:28:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveW:
My Hammy Voxgate tickets still haven't arrived frown
Mine hasn't as yet either Steve. Looks like the postal service in your part of London is as "wonderful" as mine!!! wink

I had to collect my gig ticket from the depot after they tried to deliver it recorded delivery at 1.40pm & I wasn't in!!!!! I know I'm unemployed & it's no hassle walking to the sorting office, but do the post office think people stay in all day waiting for them.

I know I'm a year older but can we go back to the good old days of 2 deliveries or at least have one at 8am? They can do it for businesses, why not individuals? If they weeded out all the junk shite I get it would make their load lighter too!!!

Bloody hell - my first posting as a 43 years & 1.5 hours year old is a sodding whinge!!! roflmao

#40302 - Tue, 21 Apr 2009 21:02:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Dickie Offline

Loc: Uxbridge
Hi There,

I still as of yesterday haven't got my ticket yet so I can only assume that the post in Nth West London has a problem?? I'll check when I get in again today and hoope it turns up today/tommorow. I can't wait to see everyone and the gigs sound great will be at the roundhouse too.

All the best
Dickie

#40303 - Tue, 21 Apr 2009 23:23:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Cerise Offline

Dickie & Snash - don't worry, we'll have a full list on the door. If your ticket doesn't arrive in time, just bring a printout of your confirmation email. smile

#40304 - Tue, 21 Apr 2009 23:25:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Cerise Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dmitry:
looks like I will be having one spare ticket to Voxgate - anyone being late for the first round of invitations please contact uvox@proc.ru

Hi Dmitry,

This is the point - WE HAVE THE LIST of people that applied too late to receive tickets, in the order that they applied, which is why we are organising any spares.

We have re-allocated your spare ticket (no.135) to the next person on the list, whom I'll contact this afternoon. Ticket no.134 will be kept for you on the door - I'll email a PDF of directions etc to you.

Cheers,
Cerise.

#40305 - Tue, 21 Apr 2009 23:48:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Dickie:
I still as of yesterday haven't got my ticket yet so I can only assume that the post in Nth West London has a problem??
Yeh - it's shite!!! Typical the Royal Mail are laying off people rather than taking more on!!! eek

#40306 - Tue, 21 Apr 2009 23:50:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Dickie & Snash - don't worry, we'll have a full list on the door. If your ticket doesn't arrive in time, just bring a printout of your confirmation email. smile
Thanks Cerise - I know you mentioned this when we met at Brum. I expect I'll get home & find it on the door mat today along with the obligatory junk crap!!!

#40307 - Tue, 21 Apr 2009 23:57:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I was going to keep quiet on this subject but not after this comment. evil How much did you pay for this Voxgate ticket? F*** all (excuse my language) - it was FREE ie, you paid nothing. You should feel priviliged like I do to have received one in the 1st place. If it turns out you have a spare then it is RIGHT that it is returned to be distributed fairly.

Ok - rant over!! wink

#40308 - Tue, 21 Apr 2009 23:59:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh & well done & a big thank you to everyone who has organised everything so brilliantly so far. laugh

#40309 - Wed, 22 Apr 2009 00:15:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
1.Outside Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Quote:
Originally posted by Snashy:
You should feel priviliged like I do to have received one in the 1st place.
Agreed.

It never ceases to amaze me how people turn what is a privilege into a right. This doesn't apply simply to Voxgates but to all sorts of things. These tickets have not been paid for and hence come with no rights whatsoever. There's a queue of people waiting for them and nobody has the right to redistribute them according to their own spurious criteria.

I should add that I am not going to the Voxgate and am not on the list to receive one of the tickets.

#40310 - Wed, 22 Apr 2009 00:17:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 1.Outside:
I should add that I am not going to the Voxgate and am not on the list to receive one of the tickets.
It was nice to meet you at Brum though Ian. smile

#40311 - Wed, 22 Apr 2009 00:25:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
1.Outside Offline

Albeit briefly thanks to the minimal number of trains from Brum to Worcester. My move to Brum can't come soon enough...

#40312 - Wed, 22 Apr 2009 00:53:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
MidgeVox Offline

Loc: Chester, UK
Ian, Snashy,

you have both typed what I wanted to say, but thought a more measured approach would not be so inflammatory, but kudos to you both anyway.

Recovered from edinburgh yet?

Still buzzin.......

#40313 - Wed, 22 Apr 2009 02:23:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Dickie Offline

It's ok panic over it arrived today thanks very much it's greatly appreciated. looking forward to meeting you all, I'll be the one with the camera.
mexican

#40314 - Wed, 22 Apr 2009 04:34:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
Dickie Offline

Dear All who were not lucky enough to get a ticket for this Voxgate. Wh en Iv'e gone to gigs at Hammersmith mostly for THL & OMD we used The Distillers Arms which Is in Charing cross road which is the Main Rd which runs down from the side of the Venue & about a 5 min walk they do food & it's ok in there it's the 2nd pub on the right. The nearest other pub is The Duke of Cornwall which also does reasonable food too. alternativly you go over by the underground station were there are plenty of shops to choose from & 2 pubs too. Hope this helps you out Enjoy your time in London.

#40315 - Wed, 22 Apr 2009 06:21:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
MickeH Offline

Loc: Stockholm, Sweden
First of all, both my and my friends' tickets have arrived, and we're very grateful to be a part of this.

I want to, once again say a big THANK YOU! to Cerise & Co who make all this happen!

I know by my own experience wich kind of work they have put down to give us the chance to entertain us, and meet each other a couple of hours before the concert. We're talking a total of work days And that's just for the Voxgate alone. Imagine yorself handwriting 150 envelopes and put stamps on, paid from your own pocket. And that's just the small part of this Voxgate. (Both monetary and time speaking).

Let us not forget their continuing work year after year after year who finally made the impossible possible and then real: The reunion of Ultravox! mexican

And all of this they have done with their own time and their own money!
I'm still trying to figure out how on earth they can have an ordinary life outside this..... this really humbles me.

Putting it in this perspective - and because it's free - I would never, ever have questioned if we hadn't had the luck to get tickets, and if we had (or if something will) stop us from going, then we're certainly return the ticket to Cerise & Co, because they made fair arrangements to the queing people and they are giving this to us!

To be honest, I haven't been the best person to push the little discrete "paypal" button on these pages, but I will most certainly buy stuff from this site's shop they have put an effort in to make for us, and that way giv'em a little support to pay at least part of the bills. (For different reasons I haven't bought the stuff in time to bring to London (leaving tomorrow morning) so I have just myself to blame, but for the reasons mentioned, I will most certainly do it at homecoming).

So Three cheers for Cerise, Rob & Paul!
mexican

#40316 - Wed, 22 Apr 2009 06:44:00 Re: Official Extreme Voice 'Return to Eden' Voxgate - Hammersmith, 24th April 2009
1.Outside Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MidgeVox:

Recovered from edinburgh yet?

Still buzzin.......
I'll never recover from that mate! I still can't quite believe I was lucky enough to get row A. What a spot. Just like the old days. Brum was good too but Edinburgh was just sensational.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >