Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#3885 - Sun, 25 Oct 2009 12:57:00 Synth Britannia
Adam Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Brighton
Regarding John Foxx's appearance on 'Synth Britannia', I was wondering if anyone else was wondering, a) Where he was interviewed (Does he own all those synths we saw?) and b) What was the track he was playing?
smile

#3886 - Sun, 25 Oct 2009 18:15:00 Re: Synth Britannia
Flip Martian Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Here
I'm sure I remember reading somewhere on the net he was visiting someone's studio where lots of the old analog stuff was, and that was where the interview was being done. Can't remember who though, or where I saw it.

Pass on the second one!

#3887 - Sun, 25 Oct 2009 18:20:00 Re: Synth Britannia
Rob Harris Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Ledbury, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Adam:
Regarding John Foxx's appearance on 'Synth Britannia', I was wondering if anyone else was wondering, a) Where he was interviewed (Does he own all those synths we saw?) and b) What was the track he was playing? smile
The studio where John was interviewed for Synth Britannia belongs to Benge - Gary Numan was also recently interviewed there, about the influence that John Foxx and Ultravox had on him, for the recent DNA Exhibition .

Last year Benge released an album (which has been discussed over on the Metamatic Forum ) entitled Twenty Systems . The album has been described by Brian Eno as A brilliant contribution to the archaeology of electronic music. Benge is (among other things) currently in the midst of writing material with John Foxx.

As for the name of the track... it was made up on the spot as a way of demonstrating the particular keyboard that was being played at the time.

Rob

#3888 - Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:44:00 Re: Synth Britannia
Adam Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Brighton
Thank you!