Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#3881 - Sat, 08 Oct 2005 07:35:00 john foxx & steve jansen...?
tarheelnyc Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: NYC
i just read this on the samadhisound.com website...

"steve recently recorded solo gong performances similar to that of the Harold Budd concert performance. these recordings are in collaboration with singer John Foxx. the project will be developed over time and may include other performers who took part in the Budd show"

i presume everyone here knows steve jansen is a former member japan, and david sylvian's brother...

ben
nyc

#3882 - Sat, 08 Oct 2005 20:53:00 Re: john foxx & steve jansen...?
Oesterreicher II Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Buxham St. Deirdre
. . . and also recorded tracks with Midge Ure, as featured on the Little Orphans CD. Curious wee musical universe, i'n't it?!

#3883 - Sun, 09 Oct 2005 20:23:00 Re: john foxx & steve jansen...?
tarheelnyc Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: NYC
wow!
thanks, oesterreicher. thanks to you and google, i now know there were two tracks ('get a life' and 'cry') on the "little orphans" cd that featured steve jansen, as well as mick karn and richard barbieri of japan. i was only aware of the ure/karn tracks: 'after a fashion' and 'textures' and that karn had guested on 'remembrance day' on the "answers to nothing" cd.
my only problem is that i can't find "little orphans" on itunes or amazon. any suggestions, anybody...? thanks.
ben
nyc

#3884 - Sun, 09 Oct 2005 23:29:00 Re: john foxx & steve jansen...?
Oesterreicher II Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Buxham St. Deirdre
It can be had from the Midge Ure web site, MidgeUre.com. It's well worhtb the money, there are some cracking songs on it in addition to the two to which you referred.