Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Topic Options
#3737 - Sun, 23 Jan 2011 21:22:00 John Foxx & The Maths new album
struntprat Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: Gothenburg
What's the second most interesting news besides the new Ultravox-album? Well, it must be this very interesting upcoming album from John Foxx! Again, he collaborates with The Maths and this just might be a match made in heaven.

Townsend Records sums it up well; "Moody and atmospheric, but also full of songs that are actually more "pop" than avant garde, Interplay pulls various strands of electronic music together - from early electro to 70s Krautrock, even flashes of Cabaret Voltaire and Foxx's first band, Ultravox!"

Release date for the album Interplay is 21st Marsch. Until then, download the MP3 Single "Destination/September Town" - It's bubbly electronic pop, that sounds a lot like an updated version of the good old sound from the early 80īs. Simply great.

#3738 - Mon, 24 Jan 2011 19:05:00 Re: John Foxx & The Maths new album
Paul Simon Offline

Loc: London
Great to hear news of the new Vox album, hatchet now fully buried it seems.Cant see how the Maths album can sound anything like the early Vox as there are no guitars on it. Remember guitars? Robin and I are currently at editing and final mixing stage of the 3rd AjantaMusic album. Less world music, more out of this world! We now have a free preview download track available on our website. www.ajantamusic.com - Enjoy!

#3739 - Mon, 07 Feb 2011 22:58:00 Re: John Foxx & The Maths new album
struntprat Offline

You are right about one thing; there will be NO guitars on the album! It's all analogue synthesizers, so the resemblance to Ultravox is not that big. But there are definitely elements in the music that reminds about Ultravox.

I'm not sure what your advertising has to do with this release. But at least it's an reply. Can't say I notice that people are jumping up and down of joy for this album... It will be very interesting though for anyone enjoying icy strings and miniMoog, which should be everyone on the forum wink

Here's a good tip to get another song; if you pre-order from Townsend Records, you'll get an exclusive edit of the track "Evergreen" as free download. It's John Foxx sounding more pop than in ages, a very nice song well recommended.

#3740 - Mon, 07 Feb 2011 23:03:00 Re: John Foxx & The Maths new album
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by struntprat:
Can't say I notice that people are jumping up and down of joy for this album...
I wouldn't say that. If you go over and have a look at the forum area at Metamatic , there's lots of interest and anticipation of this release.

smile

#3741 - Tue, 08 Feb 2011 02:04:00 Re: John Foxx & The Maths new album
struntprat Offline

Good point smile I'm hoping that excitement will spread to this forum also.
Here's the official playlist of the album (according to Rob Harris);

01. Shatterproof
02. Catwalk
03. Evergreen
04. Watching A Building On Fire
05. Interplay
06. Summerland
07. The Running Man
08. A Falling Star
09. Destination
10. The Good Shadow

Track 04, Watching A Building On Fire, features Mira Aroyo from Ladytron.
Track 09, Destination, is available on MP3 Download, highly recommended.