Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#335 - Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:52:00 Gareth Jones is having some health issues
Valeriun Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: Bergen, Norway
----
From Glen (d-m.com) :

Long time Depeche Mode collaborator and friend, Gareth Jones, is having some health issues.

Gareth has be diagnosed with some minor cancer and is taking some time off from his work to focus on treatment and healing. His prognosis is very good we are happy to hear and we wish him a speedy recovery.

Gareth has a blog documenting his journey where you can follow along with him as he goes through his treatment. To read along and wish him support, click here: http://ajourneywithcancer.blogspot.com/

Our thoughts and prayers are with Gareth and be sure to let him know you are thinking about him.
----

This is really sad news, I send him my best wishes for a speedy recovery. He did some fantastic work making Metamatic and The Garden sound so unique and fantastically good!

#336 - Thu, 26 Jun 2008 23:18:00 Re: Gareth Jones is having some health issues
Your Shadow Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Liverpool

#337 - Thu, 26 Jun 2008 23:21:00 Re: Gareth Jones is having some health issues
Your Shadow Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Liverpool
Sorry to hear that Gareth is ill at the moment. Apart from his work with John he was also important in Depeche Mode's history. I have seen his interviews on some of the DVDs included with the DM remasters. He comes across as a genuine and very likable guy. Here's to a full recovery.